Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 30th, 2018

Yeah, that might actually work xD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 30th, 2018

Well then stop doing it! Whistle

(Jul 30th, 2018, 01:37 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Well then stop doing it! Whistle

But... but... baseball!

Seriously, I'm super tired and dizzy just because of following stats and broadcasts xD

But its taking over your life Whistle

(Jul 30th, 2018, 02:07 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

What life? Whistle

(Jul 30th, 2018, 02:10 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 30th, 2018, 02:07 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

What life? Whistle

well damn.

That guy I was talking about early. I found something (by random browsing) he wrote complaining about how "The doctoral students were paraded around while the rest of the master students and professional students were already seated it sucked out any importance of the event"

No it didn't, these doctoral students are the best of the best in their fields, many of these people (assuming STEM here, and even some STEAM) will help advance humanly, medicine, science, and more. Some one with a Masters is only a "master" of the general feild they are in (e.g. Computer Science, Evolutionary Biology, etc), a doctorates degree is some one who spent 7+ years (depending on program) focused on a single aspect of say Computer Science (e.g. AI in relations to security threats, or AI related to Decision making, or Quantum computing). These people are subject matter experts in their field, and should be treated with the respect they have earned though rigorous study, projects, and experiments. Compared to a PhD a Masters is undergrad degree.

And he wants to bitch about a PhDs being in his commencement, My brother's undergrad degree commencements had Undergrads to PhD, and the PhD(s) were paraded around too, and rightfully so.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 30th, 2018

UK heatwave? What, were you dreaming? Didn't you see the last few days? Normal Summer just like always. Too hot in the evenings for weeks? What are you talking about? *shot*

Nice rain we've had. Suddenly all stopped as I went to work today. Didn't feel like I had the energy to work today, but managed it. Don't know why. Got my weight back into the range I wanted. Hope I've maintained it today though. Buhh, what else? Not following any kind of news so I got nothing. Starting to listen to CDs that I've bought/received that I haven't played yet from getting them. I have many to get through.

This Starter Squad quote seems too fitting to me: "Oh God, what fresh hell awaits me this time?!"

Oh man, I barely get any sleep anymore between kids and work, but even if I did sleep the trade deadline has been keeping things too wild in Toronto, DC and affiliated organizations to allow the pillow to get in the way. Damn.

uhhh you can always read/watch the recaps or set a program to record stuff while you sleep Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jul 30th, 2018

(Jul 28th, 2018, 07:06 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 28th, 2018, 07:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
10-5 sounds good. But dang, two 10AM-11PM shifts?! I'd have thought 13 hours is a bit much, even with breaks. OK, I know our section leaders/managers do crazy times too, but they tended to be about 12 hours give or take. On a Monday too, that's...hoo boy. 47 hours in total, eh? Alright yeah I suppose you game for anything, seeing as how you get the time off you want in advance, plus the deal with the college. With that in mind is good. Hope you'll manage it. =3 

Assuming Moonface's work follows the (seemingly standard from what I have seen) set up, It is more of 12.5 hours work .5 hour lunch (unpaid) and that makes it totally okay Rolleyes (maybe a 15-20 minute break here or there twice) But it seems Florida has no laws about breaks/lunches so if his place is truely horrible there will be no paid breaks or unpaid lunch.

I'll interject here and say that it was a 4PM-11PM shift, not a 10AM-11PM one XD; Publix will never assign someone a long shift like that on a schedule, but is known to ask you to "stay and help" which can extend out to be much longer than a couple of minutes. I recall a manager telling me he had opened and closed on the same day. Opening generally starts at 5AM and by the time I asked him, it was already past 11PM. Poor guy. He wasn't that young either. Errm

Had a surprise bridal shower this weekend, which was interesting. My family are such traditionalists, sometimes to a fault, but I won't knock them for a job well done where credit is due. Especially my best friend who organized everything, which was super nice of her.

(Jul 30th, 2018, 09:35 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
uhhh you can always read/watch the recaps or set a program to record stuff while you sleep Whistle

Funny you said that, ESPN discontinued baseball news for us around ten years ago. If it weren't for SB Nation, I'd be screwed.

I ADORE this game.

(Jul 30th, 2018, 09:37 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Opening generally starts at 5AM and by the time I asked him, it was already past 11PM. Poor guy. He wasn't that young either. Errm

[Image: 2Na06DY.gif]

And glad you had a good time at the shower.

(Jul 30th, 2018, 09:44 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 30th, 2018, 09:35 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Funny you said that, ESPN discontinued baseball news for us around ten years ago. If it weren't for SB Nation, I'd be screwed.

I ADORE this game.

Arrr matey, there be a way. Whistle

I see what you did there Grin

I did nothing! The accusation is baseless!