Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 4th, 2018

(Aug 4th, 2018, 07:56 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:
Because you know it's windows & they want to make life more difficult for you.. because it's windows. xD Sad but true.

Your "Summer Queen" name keeps on making me think of the 1972 hit song by Seals & Croft "Summer Breeze"

Which takes me back to summers in High School.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - queenzelda - Aug 5th, 2018

Cause I'm all about that summer time breeze baby. ;D

I finally got the chance to listen to a George Michael song that's been an ear worm for a good week now. >_<

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 5th, 2018

(Aug 5th, 2018, 05:03 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:
Cause I'm all about that summer time breeze baby. ;D

I finally got the chance to listen to a George Michael song that's been an ear worm for a good week now. >_<

I am assuming the ear worm was the last bit of the song (as the final refrain seemed to be the only catchy part, and once again reminding me I really shouldn't think/listen to lyrics of songs..but that is a different rant!)
I was trying to figure out when that song was recorded because there is no way that was made in 2015...it just sounds like late 90s to early 00s pop R&B

About a week ago, I had an ear worm, sparked from hearing the song being rendered in chip tune form. It was part of a larger video and used only quickly with nothing to indicate what the song was. Now I knew the song, I heard it many times before it used to be played on like Adult Contemp Top 40 stations in my area all the time in the early 00s. The chip tune was the lyrical part but obviously with out the lyrics and I had no idea what they were. After a long ass time of me going crazy I finally remembered a butchered verson of the lyrics that allowed me to find it.

I present to you my hell:

RE: Universal Chat Thread - queenzelda - Aug 5th, 2018

I'll pass on your personal hell & introduce you to my heaven; 

Hehehe. I've had a pretty good day of playing a lot on Ocotopath Traveler & beating at least 2 different chapter 3 bosses. :3 I'm thinking about doing Cyrus's story next. Though I am tempted to head off to deal with Ophilia's story since her's is more dire by chapter 3's end. D: I also got some new Switch controllers since mine was starting to drift badly. D:

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 5th, 2018

(Aug 5th, 2018, 08:19 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:
I'll pass on your personal hell & introduce you to my heaven; 

Hehehe. I've had a pretty good day of playing a lot on Ocotopath Traveler & beating at least 2 different chapter 3 bosses. :3 I'm thinking about doing Cyrus's story next. Though I am tempted to head off to deal with Ophilia's story since her's is more dire by chapter 3's end. D: I also got some new Switch controllers since mine was starting to drift badly. D:

Oh that was just minor hell, I have far, far, far, far, worse songs in my inventory. Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 6th, 2018

PM, you are correct. Dido CDs are guaranteed to appear in charity shops here, at least one or more, even multiples of the same one when not managed correctly. Which a friend of mine who volunteers to work in a shop does, he throws them out immediately. I have not allowed myself to listen to any of her music, and shall continue to do so. Unless I was forced under life or death to listen to her or Sam Smith, I would. (no offence to anyone who likes either, but to me uuuuugghhh) If I happened to have heard of any in the past, I never listened.

Queen, a million points goes to you for linking that video. More accurately 338.72. If I had a million XP, that would be going to you. XD

Yesterday was cool. Went to Hylands Park for a picnic with two friends. One was having a family gathering, and we were I suppose invited. Didn't know until like a few hours beforehand. Anyway, we went to site shops and art studios. Met artist James Wilkinson who has spent time with famous music artists and bands, and has painted their portraits among many other stuff. They talked a lot, mainly about Rolling Stones as they were fans of them. He was actually in the process of painting a piece at the time too, which looked really good. Something from a female prison that was said to be haunted. Had a name but forgot.
After that we played with frisbees and juggling balls. I am learning how to juggle with three balls at the moment. XD I also ate out with both Saturday evening, then going to London tomorrow with them and my sister.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 6th, 2018

(Aug 6th, 2018, 09:46 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
PM, you are correct. Dido CDs are guaranteed to appear in charity shops here, at least one or more, even multiples of the same one when not managed correctly. Which a friend of mine who volunteers to work in a shop does, he throws them out immediately. I have not allowed myself to listen to any of her music, and shall continue to do so. Unless I was forced under life or death to listen to her or Sam Smith, I would. (no offence to anyone who likes either, but to me uuuuugghhh) If I happened to have heard of any in the past, I never listened.

Queen, a million points goes to you for linking that video. More accurately 338.72. If I had a million XP, that would be going to you. XD

Yesterday was cool. Went to Hylands Park for a picnic with two friends. One was having a family gathering, and we were I suppose invited. Didn't know until like a few hours beforehand. Anyway, we went to site shops and art studios. Met artist James Wilkinson who has spent time with famous music artists and bands, and has painted their portraits among many other stuff. They talked a lot, mainly about Rolling Stones as they were fans of them. He was actually in the process of painting a piece at the time too, which looked really good. Something from a female prison that was said to be haunted. Had a name but forgot.
After that we played with frisbees and juggling balls. I am learning how to juggle with three balls at the moment. XD I also ate out with both Saturday evening, then going to London tomorrow with them and my sister.
Dido song's also infects rap (Eminem's "Stan") and Punk-ish/emo-ish Rock (Fallout Boy's "Centuries" but its not the lyrics in this case unlike "Stan").

Why dear God why?!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Aug 7th, 2018

Losing my house keys is so much fun...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 7th, 2018

(Aug 7th, 2018, 09:11 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Well I will admit, I first read it as "Losing my house.."

I'm slowly going crazy.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Aug 8th, 2018

(Aug 7th, 2018, 09:32 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Aug 7th, 2018, 09:11 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

I'm slowly going crazy.

I have no doubt in my mind I'll be doing that soon enough.

I'm so salty as of late.

I think I need a long break from everything.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 8th, 2018

(Aug 8th, 2018, 12:44 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Aug 7th, 2018, 09:32 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

I'm slowly going crazy.

I have no doubt in my mind I'll be doing that soon enough.

I'm so salty as of late.

I think I need a long break from everything.

that sound so nice, a vacation form everything.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 8th, 2018

Don't think I've ever lost my keys, but I have seen the fun of forgetting them and being unable to get back in the house so you have to start trying to act like a burglar to get back in. My parents never made that mistake again. XD

Have work today but really wish I could just veg in bed all day. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 8th, 2018

Veg in bed all day I have not heard that before. Nor have I heard of balloon---holy crap. Thanks Judge Rinder (the show). Although he didn't know what that was either, the silly case that was dealt with included it. Also thanks for my laziness as I got back from work, watching that and missing the Nintendo Smash Direct live. At least I get an idea of what veg in bed all day is.

London yesterday was cool I guess. Covent Garden stairs, FOPP, Forbidden Planet, Angus Steakhouse and Camden Town. Didn't get anything in the first two stores, discovered TokyoToys closed down thanks to the Trocadero closing down. Although I think I heard of that happening before but completely forgot, as that happened two years ago. Didn't realise it was so long since I went there. Found an OK alternative in Camden Town, a few actually. Was bad at first there, since I couldn't find the area I went to in college with Moony, where we both got some dragon stuff. Eventually found it after the quite poor area that was around the station. A lot different now unfortunately, but wasn't disappointing. Some cool stuff there, even if most of it was clothing. Got myself a Gintama, Gurren Lagann and a dragon t-shirts, plus Gintama playing cards. The playing cards didn't go in the style I was hoping, but are slightly better than my Bleach ones. Both are basically artworks from the series, but with Bleach it would always consist of Ichigo, Renji and Hitsugaya or group shots in some way. With the amount of characters in these series and others, you'd expect one character to one card. But nope. I've already got lots of Notepad files for different series working like that. *sigh* Wasn't a bad purchase though as my liking towards Gintama helps tremendously with it. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 8th, 2018

(Aug 8th, 2018, 05:21 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Veg in bed all day I have not heard that before. Nor have I heard of balloon---holy crap.
yeah it's not called "Balllon" its called something else.

One of our former staffers had the misfortune of having a handle close to it, and Seth unknowing of such a fetish kept calling her the fetish name until He googled it once, and then proceeded to scar all of us by saying "Don't google it!".

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 8th, 2018

Yeah, I purposefully left the remainder of this..."word" off in hopes no one goes to search for it. Wish I didn't. Time to forget.