Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 10th, 2018

Speaking of food, I can't find anything to eat because the college I'm at is only running a limited Subway menu of items I won't like. Add in travel stress, and US colleges having a habit of never putting up a god damn sign to let you know where anything is, and I'm in an incredibly foul mood right now.

You know people are coming for orientation today so put up a sign and have some food options...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 10th, 2018

(Aug 10th, 2018, 06:32 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Speaking of food, I can't find anything to eat because the college I'm at is only running a limited Subway menu of items I won't like. Add in travel stress, and US colleges having a habit of never putting up a god damn sign to let you know where anything is, and I'm in an incredibly foul mood right now.

You know people are coming for orientation today so put up a sign and have some food options...

"but we have to let Barns and Noble Subway make a profit" - President of my university when the on campus book store (ran by Barns and Noble) refused to carry books that the profs required for their classes.

Meh

It was bloody publicly funded too.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - King Atem - Aug 10th, 2018

Could be worse, you could have brought a sammich only to have it spoil before you got to ate it. Tongue

The more I play around with myBB the more I realize ZB was far better <_<.

I never had a ZB pull a "Oh hey everyone can now see this admin forum for no obvious reason!"

I'd be less annoyed if orientation had been worth a fraction of the stress I've dealt with today. If I knew it was telling people how not to be imbeciles at college I'd have stayed home.

Also I get one more person needing to borrow money off me I'm going to scream. I'm not a fucking bank, if I'd obliged everyone today I'd be short more than $15.

(Aug 10th, 2018, 10:08 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'd be less annoyed if orientation had been worth a fraction of the stress I've dealt with today. If I knew it was telling people how not to be imbeciles at college I'd have stayed home.

Dude you are at a college AND in Florida they are doomed when it comes to people being imbeciles. Tongue

But really, I hope your day gets better.

If people are that stupid to be told not to ignore your class then god forbid I have to try and deal with that. Last thing I need is someone not paying attention trying to get help from me.

(Aug 10th, 2018, 10:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:
If people are that stupid to be told not to ignore your class then god forbid I have to try and deal with that. Last thing I need is someone not paying attention trying to get help from me.

I don't know how it is in the UK, but first semester of college/uni tends to throw the people off guard thinking either 1) will be like HS and/or 2) I am an adult now, I do what I want.

After the first semester (or two if they are a bit special) they start to either 1) not go to class or 2) not cause much of an issue.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - queenzelda - Aug 11th, 2018

Speaking of borrowing money, my friend Plague asked to borrow some & I had to turn him down. I'm not a bank either, get a job or do like everyone else & create your own go fund me page.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 11th, 2018

The job market is bullshit.
"OH this is a great time to lose your job! There are more jobs then people"
1) Every job I come across is either part time or contract (with shit pay at that) so no benefits, vacation or sick time
2) every job I come across is paying way below market which isn't what should be happening in a "more jobs then people" market, pay should be high up to attract people.

Oh and companies are opening violating federal employment laws, I saw a job posting a few weeks ago for an unpaid internship that listed duties that directly provide a benefit to the company that paid employees are suppose to do. Unpaid interns by law are not suppose to provide a benefit to the company, an unpaid intern is not suppose to be supporting critical IT systems but be given things to do to learn from that the company doesn't benefit from (e.g. they have a separate server that they play around in to learn the enivorment).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - queenzelda - Aug 12th, 2018

Just go the "go fund me" route, it's not like it'll hurt anything to try.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 12th, 2018

Go fund my life, just sounds so...meh to me. I am a horrible seller of my self, its why I hate interviews.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 12th, 2018

I forget, what'd you say about doing freelance/extra jobs on the side until you can get a full timer? Hmm

Chores/Work day is over. Time to relax and wait for Moony to come home from work =w=

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 12th, 2018

Most likely something about how it will screw up any benefits I might get (AFAIK im still in "waiting for response" hell even though its been weeks since I sent the stuff in). Including insurance. <_<

Also Shria all I can see in your avatar is that some kid kill a pichachu and skinned it for a cape Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 12th, 2018

What if you did it... off the record? Like, doing shit for old people that don't understand the computers. Just to make a couple bucks here and there.

Lol, he's dressed as his favorite hero! Speaking of, my PC hero, I can't quite understand this compatibility issue I'm having with a build I made: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RN2xRJ Any thoughts?