Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 12th, 2018

(Aug 12th, 2018, 04:29 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
What if you did it... off the record? Like, doing shit for old people that don't understand the computers. Just to make a couple bucks here and there.

Lol, he's dressed as his favorite hero! Speaking of, my PC hero, I can't quite understand this compatibility issue I'm having with a build I made: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RN2xRJ Any thoughts?

As far as off the record I am very much a "by the book" person I get screwed enough as is, if I was to say do that and the State found how I'd be extra fucked (Also Michigan has a history of falsely flagging people for fraud <_<).

The only issue I see listed is: "The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled."

It just means since you are using an m.2 storage device one of your 6 SATA 6.0 Gigabit per second ports will be disabled (unsure which one) so you only will have 5. Its like that asshole who drives on the left line below the speed limit on a two lane highway so you can't pass them in a way.

Some other things I notice about your build:
1) Why do you have a network card? Your motherboard comes with a network port and supports the same speeds. Did you mean for it to be a wireless card?
2) Why do you have an after market cooler? The CPU you chose is unable to be overclocked stock should be fine.
^Objective stuff
vSubjective stuff
3 (more of my personal experience) If possible maybe move the HDD to an SDD also, After using an SD boot drive on my Laptop, my surface, and previous employer computer, HDDs just feel slow >_<). My issue with my laptop is I want to put everything on my M.2 so I avoid the HDD Tongue
4) I'd upgrade to Windows 10 Pro although 10 pisses me off because of so little control you have over it, Pro still gives you a bit more control then Home.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 12th, 2018

I've updated the list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2WmxRJ
Didn't realize the SSD had an M.2 port thingy when I was selecting it. Just picked the top rated/decent priced one XD Should be fixed now. As for the wired adapter, didn't remember if I needed one or not so I added it in case. Thanks for pointing out my motherboard supporting it already XD I have an SSD for my current boot drive for the OS and programs so I intend to replicate it here as well. I enjoy just booting up my computer fast enough that the ethernet isn't even ready to connect yet XD;
The cooler I wasn't sure about so now I've just added a normal case fan. What's a standard stock cooler, btw?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 12th, 2018

(Aug 12th, 2018, 09:15 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I've updated the list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2WmxRJ
Didn't realize the SSD had an M.2 port thingy when I was selecting it. Just picked the top rated/decent priced one XD Should be fixed now. As for the wired adapter, didn't remember if I needed one or not so I added it in case. Thanks for pointing out my motherboard supporting it already XD I have an SSD for my current boot drive for the OS and programs so I intend to replicate it here as well. I enjoy just booting up my computer fast enough that the ethernet isn't even ready to connect yet XD;
The cooler I wasn't sure about so now I've just added a normal case fan. What's a standard stock cooler, btw?

Well your first motherboard with the inclusion of an NVMe M.2 in theory/paper is faster then your new build using a traditional SSD, will you notice the difference? That is all up to RNGesus due to all the different variables for my limited understanding of the subject.

As far as a "regular stock cooler" it would be the one Intel provides for (some) of their CPUs, which when I looked it up looks like is included. These fans are more for regular usage, they tend to get a "bad rep" because they are "noisy" (honestly I use one in my build, in my room, and its an i7-4770k) and I never had an issue with the noise at night. If you got a -k model and were planning to overclock it then yeah you would need an after market but since you are not, you should be fine.

Everything else on paper should look good. I would just check measurements and make sure the card fits the case, Don't be my brother Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 13th, 2018

(Aug 9th, 2018, 06:03 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I didn't know Trocadero closed down. I'm not surprised though, because apart from Tokyo Toys I feel like no one ever really went in that place. Hopefully it's just closed for a refurbishment project or something.
Camden Town market is likely different because of the fires that happened there since we last visited, and it being a market the vendors are likely only going to be permanently there if they do good business and don't move out of the area.
Nah, apparently was for good, and all the shops on the outside now get to have theirs going into the inside area that was there before, it looked like. Since I didn't ask or go right into of these shops, which are all touristy kind of shops. Meh.

Ah, yes that would explain why Camden was different. XD

(Aug 9th, 2018, 05:57 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is it weird that I'm excited for Moony that he's going back to school next week? XD; The idea of school always excites me but when I'm actually in the middle of it, I just think "Eh," and lose interest/hype ROFL
I just find it amusing that you find it more exciting than I do. Although that's mostly to blame for how bad my last school experience was. I think that could kill the excitement of being admitted into a real life Hogwarts it was so bad. ROFL
Oh what, Moony's started it? I thought it was going to be for January. Although sounds weird, starting in August? Oh wait, that's right, starting times are different over there. Or something. Also would be weird if it was for orientation only for about 5 months later. So, cool it's happening now then instead. Then again with your preceding posts about it so far, hope it gets better. Sounds pointless for you who won't intentionally do bad behaviour when concerning classes. XD 
People asking your for money reminded me of London in Camden, just coming out of the station and there's a group of people asking for money to get drunk. Really, like you're going to find someone who's just going waste cash for such worthlessness?  Hmph
(Aug 9th, 2018, 06:54 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
To me old people cereal would be: bran flakes, grape nuts, raisin bran & oatmeal. Though I have had raisin bran & I frighten love grape nuts cereal. ^^" I do eat more Honey Nut Cheerios thou.
CEREAL, awesome stuff. Sure I'd probably agree about that with old people and maybe whatever else is deemed boring. If you're having it by itself that is. Me, I mix and match every time I have cereal, best way to eat. Granola, Country Crisp, Shredded Wheat, Weetabix is what I mainly eat, plus anything else I feel like buying and shoving into my bowl.  Grin Grew out of most cereals that are more aimed at kids, although Rice Krispies I'll still have. If the multipack tiny boxes are going for cheap, I'd get them too just to go crazy with the mixing. XD

Was getting stressed out yesterday after thinking I lost my wallet. Spent most of the day looking for it or trying to de-stress, in hopes of calming me down. Became convinced I left it at the Chinese restaurant I went to Thursday, since I just couldn't find it. Then my sister finds it in my room, where my feet usually go when I'm sitting down, inside a stupid bathroom bag I don't use for anything! LOL I think it got there because I was too tired Thursday evening and didn't noticed where I was placing my wallet, since it usually goes in one of my bags I take when I go out, which was right next to that bathroom bag. How annoying. Also, what's with people asking you where, when or how did you lose the item you're looking for? If I knew the answers to those, the item wouldn't be lost!  Doh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 13th, 2018

(Aug 13th, 2018, 05:59 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I didn't know Trocadero closed down. I'm not surprised though, because apart from Tokyo Toys I feel like no one ever really went in that place. Hopefully it's just closed for a refurbishment project or something.
Camden Town market is likely different because of the fires that happened there since we last visited, and it being a market the vendors are likely only going to be permanently there if they do good business and don't move out of the area.
Nah, apparently was for good, and all the shops on the outside now get to have theirs going into the inside area that was there before, it looked like. Since I didn't ask or go right into of these shops, which are all touristy kind of shops. Meh.

Ah, yes that would explain why Camden was different. XD

I just find it amusing that you find it more exciting than I do. Although that's mostly to blame for how bad my last school experience was. I think that could kill the excitement of being admitted into a real life Hogwarts it was so bad. ROFL
Oh what, Moony's started it? I thought it was going to be for January. Although sounds weird, starting in August? Oh wait, that's right, starting times are different over there. Or something. Also would be weird if it was for orientation only for about 5 months later. So, cool it's happening now then instead. Then again with your preceding posts about it so far, hope it gets better. Sounds pointless for you who won't intentionally do bad behaviour when concerning classes. XD 
People asking your for money reminded me of London in Camden, just coming out of the station and there's a group of people asking for money to get drunk. Really, like you're going to find someone who's just going waste cash for such worthlessness?  Hmph
(Aug 9th, 2018, 06:54 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
To me old people cereal would be: bran flakes, grape nuts, raisin bran & oatmeal. Though I have had raisin bran & I frighten love grape nuts cereal. ^^" I do eat more Honey Nut Cheerios thou.
CEREAL, awesome stuff. Sure I'd probably agree about that with old people and maybe whatever else is deemed boring. If you're having it by itself that is. Me, I mix and match every time I have cereal, best way to eat. Granola, Country Crisp, Shredded Wheat, Weetabix is what I mainly eat, plus anything else I feel like buying and shoving into my bowl.  Grin Grew out of most cereals that are more aimed at kids, although Rice Krispies I'll still have. If the multipack tiny boxes are going for cheap, I'd get them too just to go crazy with the mixing. XD

Was getting stressed out yesterday after thinking I lost my wallet. Spent most of the day looking for it or trying to de-stress, in hopes of calming me down. Became convinced I left it at the Chinese restaurant I went to Thursday, since I just couldn't find it. Then my sister finds it in my room, where my feet usually go when I'm sitting down, inside a stupid bathroom bag I don't use for anything! LOL I think it got there because I was too tired Thursday evening and didn't noticed where I was placing my wallet, since it usually goes in one of my bags I take when I go out, which was right next to that bathroom bag. How annoying. Also, what's with people asking you where, when or how did you lose the item you're looking for? If I knew the answers to those, the item wouldn't be lost!  Doh

Because people love being annoying, Whistle

But to be fair you could lose your wallet say at a place and know its at the place and still not be able to find it. What is the most annoying is "Check the last place you look"...IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT NOR IS IT HELPFUL.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 13th, 2018

Yeah, I was like 90% sure my wallet was in my house. Heck, 99%. Since I was sure I held my wallet in my pocket at least one point after 
leaving the restaurant. Started doubting when I couldn't find it in likely places I would put it or fallen down on to the floor. I have a ridiculously tiny, packed bedroom. Also yeah, exactly that, PM. XD 

Holy sweet mother of what? I was wondering what time it sets in other places other than UK. Sets here around half past, but over there it's around the 8 o'clock? Yeesh. What's it like in Winter?  Blink

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 13th, 2018

(Aug 13th, 2018, 08:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah, I was like 90% sure my wallet was in my house. Heck, 99%. Since I was sure I held my wallet in my pocket at least one point after 
leaving the restaurant. Started doubting when I couldn't find it in likely places I would put it or fallen down on to the floor. I have a ridiculously tiny, packed bedroom. Also yeah, exactly that, PM. XD 

Holy sweet mother of what? I was wondering what time it sets in other places other than UK. Sets here around half past, but over there it's around the 8 o'clock? Yeesh. What's it like in Winter?  Blink

(whats "half past" translated to Freedom English? Whistle)

I can't say for Florida but in my area of Michigan it sets in summer between 8 to 9pm depending on time of summer, Winter its like between 5 to 6 pm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 14th, 2018

Half past is 30 minutes past whatever the hour.

I checked up what Florida was on Google, and it's 7:57PM for sunset. Yeah, realised over there the sunset peaks in time in June, as here it's July. So we're a bit later than US, but 4-5 hours ahead and....I CBA to do the math/working out. I don't know what I was trying to discover there. XD I know being ahead doesn't mean anything really, and more to do with Earth's rotation and yadda yadda.

Have a dentist appointment, yay, but that's later. Erm, 3 hours from now. Time to draw, hopefully, if I don't get interrupted or distracted. Before and after. Maybe.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 14th, 2018

(Aug 14th, 2018, 11:31 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Half past is 30 minutes past whatever the hour.

I checked up what Florida was on Google, and it's 7:57PM for sunset. Yeah, realised over there the sunset peaks in time in June, as here it's July. So we're a bit later than US, but 4-5 hours ahead and....I CBA to do the math/working out. I don't know what I was trying to discover there. XD I know being ahead doesn't mean anything really, and more to do with Earth's rotation and yadda yadda.

Have a dentist appointment, yay, but that's later. Erm, 3 hours from now. Time to draw, hopefully, if I don't get interrupted or distracted. Before and after. Maybe.
So its the same as the US, I got confused because you just said "the sun sets at half past" with no hour Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 15th, 2018

I just got home from work at 1:30am. I was meant to leave at 10pm. My next shift is tomorrow at 9am and since legally I'm meant to have 8 hours between shifts, tomorrow's shift is breaking the law now if I'm not mistaken.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 15th, 2018

(Aug 15th, 2018, 06:30 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I just got home from work at 1:30am. I was meant to leave at 10pm. My next shift is tomorrow at 9am and since legally I'm meant to have 8 hours between shifts, tomorrow's shift is breaking the law now if I'm not mistaken.

Florida AFAIK has no "minimum hours between shifts" laws, (or really any employment laws beyond the federal, hell the state doesn't even have a Department of Labor....they have the feds handle it <_<), so unless company policy said "8 hours between shifts" out side of quitting there is no recourse.

Bullshit is what it is though.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 15th, 2018

There are some laws that OSHA (the Health and Safety organization for this country) have in place that will enforce things like required overtime and the like, but Florida has no such specific law under OSHA, I believe, regarding time between shifts. I've told you of the time that I had a coworker close (11PM+) and open(5-6, depending on position) the next day. I've actually had multiple coworkers have instances of that. It's real shitty, which is why I've told you to watch out when they ask "Oh, can you stay and help?" when you have operational closing shifts because that's the kind of shit they pull. Though, of course, what you had to deal with was pretty ridiculous. I'm glad you made it clear to them of your boundaries and the like because depending on the type of managers and employees that close that night, you may get taken advantage of, which goes without saying is shitty.

(Aug 15th, 2018, 05:30 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
There are some laws that OSHA (the Health and Safety organization for this country) have in place that will enforce things like required overtime and the like, but Florida has no such specific law under OSHA, I believe, regarding time between shifts. I've told you of the time that I had a coworker close (11PM+) and open(5-6, depending on position) the next day. I've actually had multiple coworkers have instances of that. It's real shitty, which is why I've told you to watch out when they ask "Oh, can you stay and help?" when you have operational closing shifts because that's the kind of shit they pull. Though, of course, what you had to deal with was pretty ridiculous. I'm glad you made it clear to them of your boundaries and the like because depending on the type of managers and employees that close that night, you may get taken advantage of, which goes without saying is shitty.
quick clarification: If you go to OSHA to report unpaid wages/overtime you would be directed to the Department of Labor.

OSHA only deals with work place health and safety issues (e.g. handing blood with out PPE, blocking Fire exits (\[although your local fire marshal would most likely be quicker in addressing that], etc), with exceptions to some professions/jobs "off time between shifts" isn't considered a safety issue. Instead the US Department of Labor is the enforcement agency ( https://www.dol.gov/whd/overtime_pay.htm https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/workhours https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/workhours/breaks ) since Florida has no state Department of Labor.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 15th, 2018

I think work regretted me staying late last night because so far no one, even my manager, seems impressed by how late I was there and how little sleep I got as a result, which was roughly 2 hours worth for the curious of you.

I loved walking into work today and instantly receiving a response of "Damn you look so tired and rough". XD

(Aug 15th, 2018, 06:55 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I think work regretted me staying late last night because so far no one, even my manager, seems impressed by how late I was there and how little sleep I got as a result, which was roughly 2 hours worth for the curious of you.

I loved walking into work today and instantly receiving a response of "Damn you look so tired and rough". XD

Because your soul hasn't been crushed yet. Whistle