Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 22nd, 2018

Damn, and here I thought the operation he had helped him. I didn't realise later last year he still had what he had, and refused further surgery. Which now led to the inevitable. 43 is heck of young age to go. Cancer, you bitch.

Ties. Meh. Bow ties aren't too bad, but I've never worn one. I own a bow tie, which came with a watch I bought, but still haven't worn it yet.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 22nd, 2018

I had to wear bow ties as part of our choir tux, at lease it was "clip on" (but such a PITA to do).

I hate all ties, I only see them as a choking hazard even clips ons.

As far as the cancer thing, I think it was a similar story as to TotalBiscuit "Oh hey its gone!" then a few months later it came back with even worse. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 22nd, 2018

Friggin A, we lost Robbie Rotten, too? Man, why is everyone dying these past years?!

So, I'm getting promoted! Sorta. My job is moving me from Customer Service to Grocery, which pays way better than any of the front end jobs that arent managerial. Now if only i didnt have to friggin level...

Maniakkid how have you been?! Its been a long time!

Congrats on the quasi-promotion.

What do you mean by level?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 22nd, 2018

He means pull product forward so the shelves appear full. It's also called "blocking" or "facing", but Publix call it leveling. Congrats on the promo, though, Maniak! You'll be in the same department as Moony, though he's been doing more Dairy/Frozen than normal Grocery (which is arguably better).

We're doing ascots for our wedding, so no stupid bowties or anything like that. It's gonna be dope Cool

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 22nd, 2018

Leveling sucks when you finish exactly when the store shuts and you have customers taking things from shelves you've already leveled. It's impossible to end the shift with the perfect aisles expected of you.

Finished my first week at college. Besides a disaster of a teacher in my composition class it's been really enjoyable so far!

(Aug 22nd, 2018, 10:31 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
He means pull product forward so the shelves appear full. It's also called "blocking" or "facing", but Publix call it leveling. Congrats on the promo, though, Maniak! You'll be in the same department as Moony, though he's been doing more Dairy/Frozen than normal Grocery (which is arguably better).

We're doing ascots for our wedding, so no stupid bowties or anything like that. It's gonna be dope Cool
Ooohhh.

So since you are doing ascots is there going to be a talking great dane there too? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 22nd, 2018

(Aug 22nd, 2018, 11:08 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
So since you are doing ascots is there going to be a talking great dane there too? Tongue
Of course. My mum will be at the wedding. Whistle j/k

Wow not over this war eh? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 23rd, 2018

(Aug 22nd, 2018, 09:26 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Maniakkid how have you been?! Its been a long time!

I've been fine; I just haven't had anything to say, so I haven't posted o.=.o

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Aug 23rd, 2018

Good to hear that all has been fine for you.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 23rd, 2018

So I got my new laptop today, and everything about it so far is pretty good other than the issue I'm having with the CPU usage. As soon as I started it up for the first time and got through all of the initial setting up, I could tell that something was wrong right away. After looking through the task manager (where I saw the CPU usage constantly at 100%), I saw that McAffee (or however you spell it), was eating away at it pretty badly. So I just went ahead and uninstalled it, and the CPU usage is much better now.

Although now I need to figure out why Chrome is using so much of it (20%+). Chrome uses less than 5% of the CPU on my other laptop, so I don't know why it's so high on this one. But if I can figure that out and how to get it down, then this laptop should be good to go. Not a perfect start to life with this laptop, but hopefully I can get it worked out so that it's a little better. Well, hopefully I can figure out why Chrome is eating away at it so much right now, otherwise I may have to consider switching to another browser, which I don't really want to do.

I do like how big the keyboard on this laptop is. I actually enjoy using it, where as most laptop keyboards I avoid like the plague. The buttons are much larger than I see on most laptops, so it makes typing a lot easier for me.

(Aug 23rd, 2018, 08:23 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
So I got my new laptop today, and everything about it so far is pretty good other than the issue I'm having with the CPU usage. As soon as I started it up for the first time and got through all of the initial setting up, I could tell that something was wrong right away. After looking through the task manager (where I saw the CPU usage constantly at 100%), I saw that McAffee (or however you spell it), was eating away at it pretty badly. So I just went ahead and uninstalled it, and the CPU usage is much better now.

Although now I need to figure out why Chrome is using so much of it (20%+). Chrome uses less than 5% of the CPU on my other laptop, so I don't know why it's so high on this one. But if I can figure that out and how to get it down, then this laptop should be good to go. Not a perfect start to life with this laptop, but hopefully I can get it worked out so that it's a little better. Well, hopefully I can figure out why Chrome is eating away at it so much right now, otherwise I may have to consider switching to another browser, which I don't really want to do.

I do like how big the keyboard on this laptop is. I actually enjoy using it, where as most laptop keyboards I avoid like the plague. The buttons are much larger than I see on most laptops, so it makes typing a lot easier for me.

What was the CPU on your previous laptop?
Also if you do switch browsers Firefox Whistle

Also you might enjoy the "How to uninstall McAfee Antivirus" video from John McAfee, its NSFW so I won't post it here but its on youtube. Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 23rd, 2018

My other laptop rarely goes over 50% CPU, and Chrome is normally in the .5-2% range (rarely it'll go up towards 5%, but usually no higher than that).

I looked over on the product page on HSN to see if there were any reviews on there, since people should have been getting their laptops in the last few days, and so far there is only three of them, but all three of them comment on how slow/laggy the computer is, so it appears to not be just me.

Thankfully I have a 30-day return policy for these, so no harm done. I was able to get the laptop, try it out, and determine whether or not it would be good for me. I can just ship them back and not have to worry about it. Shame it turned out to be not so good performance-wise, because I like the look of the laptop itself and as I mentioned earlier, the bigger size of the keyboard is really to my liking.

(Aug 23rd, 2018, 09:07 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
My other laptop rarely goes over 50% CPU, and Chrome is normally in the .5-2% range (rarely it'll go up towards 5%, but usually no higher than that).

I looked over on the product page on HSN to see if there were any reviews on there, since people should have been getting their laptops in the last few days, and so far there is only three of them, but all three of them comment on how slow/laggy the computer is, so it appears to not be just me.

Thankfully I have a 30-day return policy for these, so no harm done. I was able to get the laptop, try it out, and determine whether or not it would be good for me. I can just ship them back and not have to worry about it. Shame it turned out to be not so good performance-wise, because I like the look of the laptop itself and as I mentioned earlier, the bigger size of the keyboard is really to my liking.

I was wondering because the CPU you have in that new laptop is a duel core CPU with only 2 threads total (so its single threaded when talking about individual cores).
If say you had a quad core CPU that was single threaded (4 threads total) or a Duel core that was multi threaded (4 threads total) on your previous laptop that could explain why there is a bump in CPU usage.