Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 17th, 2018

Nice to see you back Yuri. I was wondering when you might come back this morning oddly enough. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Sep 17th, 2018

You see Moony I got your telepathic signal.

You gotta send those signal earlier. Honestly I just kinda got in a rut during the summer and eventually I got out of my habit of poking my head into UG so I have to restore my habit again. ^^;

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 17th, 2018

I figured you were in a rut since that tends to be the reason you vanish. What have you been up to lately anyway?

Honestly while I was waiting for summer to end nothing really.... >.> I played a few games of course, but college has started so hopefully I won't be getting into any rut soon.

Basically do the Nano Cola skin event I got back into Overwatch and Moral Compass Cricket Thingy mentioned your wedding coming up soon so I was like..."Its time to return!"

PS: Please save me I have to take public speaking and I am bad at public speaking!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 17th, 2018

(Sep 17th, 2018, 07:14 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Honestly while I was waiting for summer to end nothing really.... >.> I played a few games of course, but college has started so hopefully I won't be getting into any rut soon.

Basically do the Nano Cola skin event I got back into Overwatch and Moral Compass Cricket Thingy mentioned your wedding coming up soon so I was like..."Its time to return!"

PS: Please save me I have to take public speaking and I am bad at public speaking!

Just remember, you will not end up giving a speech/script that was given to you at the last second to read infront of 1000+ people and you end up reading the stage actions out loud too.

That happened to me, THANK YOU JACK ASSES AT THE [REDACTED] MICHIGAN DISTRICT CONVENTION FOR CHANGING THE SCRIPT AND WHAT WE WERE DOING AT THE LAST SECOND!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Sep 17th, 2018

Damn did I hate having to give speeches in school. A mere class of 30 odd though doesn't compare to public speakings, so I always feel sorry, but also respect for those who have to do them.

Fire broke out in town today, from a block of flats. Smoke drifted all across too, as at work we got some of it in the warehouse and outside. I was inside our produce chiller as it happened and actually thought the fire could've been inside and I couldn't hear the alarm, but obviously as I stepped out there was no alarm, so wasn't us. Then heard it was from Benbow Drive (a road leading to where I live), so thought that road would be blocked. Wasn't there afterall but from a road a passed on Saturday actually. Somewhere I don't usually walk by too. Hope there wasn't any casualties.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 17th, 2018

Speaking of fire... I was in a parking lot about a week ago.
I hear a siren and see a firetruck heading east bound then it hits the intersection and goes north.
About 30 seconds later I hear more sirens... this time a firetruck was heading southbound from north from the same intersection and path that the first went...then I see the first firetruck now following the other.

That must have been awkward for the driver of the first truck.

(Sep 17th, 2018, 07:36 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Sep 17th, 2018, 07:14 PM)Yuri Wrote:

Just remember, you will not end up giving a speech/script that was given to you at the last second to read infront of 1000+ people and you end up reading the stage actions out loud too.

That happened to me, THANK YOU JACK ASSES AT THE [REDACTED] MICHIGAN DISTRICT CONVENTION FOR CHANGING THE SCRIPT AND WHAT WE WERE DOING AT THE LAST SECOND!

Now that sounds awful PM! Nobody could pull that off!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 18th, 2018

(Sep 17th, 2018, 11:31 PM)Yuri Wrote:
(Sep 17th, 2018, 07:36 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Now that sounds awful PM! Nobody could pull that off!

That year's convention was full of personal cringe for me.
From that, to turns out unelected board members (i.e. me) like the elected board members got to choose what song they walked in on during their introductions (year before it was chosen for them, which I preferred) and yeah.... I freaked out. Oh and then the I had my first two energy drinks ever same day and crashed at the end!

So just remember you can't do worse then me Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Sep 18th, 2018

Energy drinks how you help, but burn us in the end.

I shall remember it. Thank you PM. Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Sep 18th, 2018

Afternoon folks, haven't been on here in awhile. Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Sep 18th, 2018

Welcome back Relic I literally came back yesterday after a hiatus. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 18th, 2018

(Sep 18th, 2018, 02:57 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Energy drinks how you help, but burn us in the end.

I shall remember it. Thank you PM. Smile

I might have been okay if I only had one that day (I was rationing them out, as I was running around all day that day).
But hope one Jolt and one Bawls later I crashed and burned right outside of governer's ball.

Welcome back Relic

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 19th, 2018

Speaking of people coming back, I suppose I should make an obligatory birfday post.

So, I have a story I forgot to mention from my Week of Hell. For those that are new or don't know, I had a week back in April (?) that was awful. I managed to crash two cars in three days, and all in the same day I:
  • Crashed a car (shredding a tire and breaking a strut)
  • Ended up in handcuffs because I was reported as a suicide attempt (I STILL DONT KNOW HOW)
  • Ended up in a psych ward for 3 days (BORED OUTTA MY MIND!), though this is unrelated to the handcuffs thing
Needless to say, the week is a tale unto itself, and I don't want to get into it, but there is something I failed to mention: the cops brought a riot shield when they came to arrest me. I can't stop giggling over the fact that I failed to mention this, because it's a rather significant detail! But just imagine poor me, curled in a ball in the driver's seat crying, and I look in the wing mirror to see THAT outside. Needless to say, that did not improve my day!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 19th, 2018

Oh gheez,

Im sorry Maniank,
My mental image keeps on going between
"Concomitant LEOs who saw one too many "mental health calls" turn in to a shit/piss throwing thing" and "Next week on: Reno 911"