Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 21st, 2018

(Sep 21st, 2018, 12:08 AM)Moonface Wrote:
@Maniak: I fail to see why a riot shield was brought in. I made it very clear on the phone that you had no access to weapons or had malicious intent towards others. Just that you hadn't been heard from and that those concerned just wanted someone to check what was going on. Anyone would think I tried swatting you judging from how the police reacted. Errm

Oh, no, this was BEFORE you guys got involved. This was immediately after my car accident, HOURS before you guys even knew about anything being up. There was about a three hour span between me being released from the police and ending up in the hospital. So, yeah, this had nothing to do with you guys.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 21st, 2018

Oh, so the police just opted to turn up with a riot shield based on your car accident then? Blink

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 21st, 2018

No, somehow my accident got reported as a suicide attempt. I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW! So, when they saw I was still in the car, they responded as if I could potentially have lethal force. It's a sensible reaction on their side, I just don't know how it got to that point!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Sep 25th, 2018

Not done a lot recently. Other than today, where I counted tons of change in coins I had (£174 put in the bank, plus more still in bags), paid in two cheques and got money exchanged. Have some of that US moolah now. Wondering if that will be enough, but I'll have a card just in case I need more. Couple more things, and I should be fully ready to go.  =3 Also checking out stuff around where I'm staying again, more for seeing the restaurants though. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 25th, 2018

(Sep 21st, 2018, 09:55 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
No, somehow my accident got reported as a suicide attempt. I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW! So, when they saw I was still in the car, they responded as if I could potentially have lethal force. It's a sensible reaction on their side, I just don't know how it got to that point!
Oh, it was from that?! Unless you were doing something with the car that looked like a suicidal attempt such as driving it full speed into something that would shove your head up your ass and out the car exhaust, how could an accident appear that way?! Blink

(Sep 25th, 2018, 06:22 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Have some of that US moolah now. Wondering if that will be enough, but I'll have a card just in case I need more. Couple more things, and I should be fully ready to go.  =3 Also checking out stuff around where I'm staying again, more for seeing the restaurants though. XD
How much do you have? Also, keep in mind using a UK card in the US will incur a charge from your bank, and tend to be at least a few quid per time. I'd suggest doing what my parents are, which is bringing what I think to be enough, but if they do run out they can utilise my bank account and then pay me back the money into my UK bank account. No need to worry about charges then.

I've got $1000, done through my card. Am considering getting just some physical cash changed too, as I still have the money my mum gave me for my trip if I want more. Yeah, I could do what your parents are doing too when being out there. Was wondering how exactly the hotel is going to be done, but I suppose I can still use my current card for that. I have a debit card, and don't really want to get a credit card for one thing. XD

Also was kinda funny watching what notes I was getting. Thought I was bleeding them dry, since they only had three 50 notes and seemed like they just barely had enough for what I wanted. LOL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 25th, 2018

(Sep 25th, 2018, 06:46 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I've got $1000, done through my card. Am considering getting just some physical cash changed too, as I still have the money my mum gave me for my trip if I want more. Yeah, I could do what your parents are doing too when being out there. Was wondering how exactly the hotel is going to be done, but I suppose I can still use my current card for that. I have a debit card, and don't really want to get a credit card for one thing. XD

Also was kinda funny watching what notes I was getting. Thought I was bleeding them dry, since they only had three 50 notes and seemed like they just barely had enough for what I wanted. LOL
$1000 should be enough. My parents are bringing $2000 for all three of them. As for the hotel, I believe you haven't actually paid for it yet and do so at the hotel itself when you check in? In my experience it's always with a card, but I suppose they can take cash too due to the foreigners they'd get staying at them.

Ah, alright then that should be enough. Yeah, that's right I pay there. I was just concerned about whether I should use a debit or credit card, as the my current one will have an exchange fee or whatever if I use it there. Or get a 0% fee card, but I've made the calculation it'll be like £24 (actually a bit less than that) if I use my card for the hotel. As I CBA to go through the hassle of ordering a new card, wait for it, yadda yadda, pay it off, cancel it, I'd rather just not be bothered about losing the £24. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 26th, 2018

Something very important he didn't mention was that you absolutely must alert your bank that you'll be travelling abroad because otherwise, they'll think some shmuck has stolen your card and is using it in America without your consent, and will shut off your card's usage. Don't want that to happen ROFL

There are loads of food joints where you guys are staying since you're about 1/2 mile away from the downtown street. Just mind the prices in some of the places because, as it being a downtown area, they hike prices for tourists. I can recommend you a few while you're down there, of course. Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Sep 26th, 2018

Aye, already done for my current card. Got the holiday flag as the staff called it, put on. Grin Yeah, I didn't know that until I went in yesterday to pay in monies, so glad I did. Saying I was going away was banter too, so lucky I said that and would've kicked myself if I had to go down there again/phone up.

Ah, I see. Darn them, trying to take all our money. Boooo, but understandable. XD All recommendations will be welcome.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 29th, 2018

Finding food around here is ridiculously easy. Just name the type of food you're interested in and me or Shira could probably give you multiple options within seconds. XD

Went for my green card interview today, not that it was much of an interview. More of a "verify this is correct" meeting and then they just approved me for it. They said they appreciated us doing a K1 visa properly instead of abusing it like lots of people do resulting in most couples having to be scrutinised to check if they're actually legitimate or just married for someone to get a green card and then go their separate ways.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 30th, 2018

It's always nice when you have to be thanked for just doing what the forms told you to do.

So, apparently, I'm now my store's Job Class Trainer. Which is terrifying. Apparently, the story goes that my manager, not realizing they needed one for Front Service Clerks, was asked who said trainer was for my job class by the district manager. Both her and the Team Leader looked at each other, and said it was me. Who knew that just approaching your job like any mistake you make will get you fired would lead to such grand things? I guess Im just the opposing side of the Dunning-Kruger effect, then (normally, its people who are so incompetent that they dont know they're incompetent. In this case, its being so competent that I think everyone else is more competent than me).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Oct 1st, 2018

(Sep 30th, 2018, 10:25 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
It's always nice when you have to be thanked for just doing what the forms told you to do.

So, apparently, I'm now my store's Job Class Trainer. Which is terrifying. Apparently, the story goes that my manager, not realizing they needed one for Front Service Clerks, was asked who said trainer was for my job class by the district manager. Both her and the Team Leader looked at each other, and said it was me. Who knew that just approaching your job like any mistake you make will get you fired would lead to such grand things? I guess Im just the opposing side of the Dunning-Kruger effect, then (normally, its people who are so incompetent that they dont know they're incompetent. In this case, its being so competent that I think everyone else is more competent than me).

Sooo you get a raise right? Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Oct 1st, 2018

NOPE! I just have to make sure I train all the newbies in how they do their job! LUCKY ME!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Oct 1st, 2018

(Oct 1st, 2018, 12:49 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
NOPE! I just have to make sure I train all the newbies in how they do their job! LUCKY ME!

"He does the best job of the lot" they said, should be a raised, but to the point where you now have extra responsibilities because of it, demands a raise.
And yet people in positions of power who had worked in the era of "when you get extra responsibilities you get a hefty raise" like to bitch that younger people are lazy because they dont want extra work with out extra pay. <_<