Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - fantanoice - Oct 1st, 2018

Went back to work today so feeling good Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nemomon - Oct 1st, 2018

If I were in Your shoes, I would feel really bad... Wink

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Oct 1st, 2018

Eh, I'd rather go to work than spend every day sitting at home. There's only so long before the monotony of it gets to you.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nemomon - Oct 1st, 2018

I'm kinda different, if I had a monthly income without needing going to work, I probably would almost never leave my home and die in there. In fact among all of my family I am the only one thats stays home during holidays (as I say to "keep an eye on it") while the rest of them go to the lakes.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Oct 1st, 2018

I could only handle long periods off work if I had things to leave the house for that are varied regularly. I enjoy work just for the change of people and scenery and it just happens to be the most reliable outlet for that.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Oct 1st, 2018

Ooh boy, work is all the talk these days, and some in a positive light it seems. Wasn't on my own department last week....actually 8/25 hours I was, the rest I was needed on home shopping. Yay. Luckily wasn't today, but boy did I see how the damage me not being there did. Utter shambles it was. Our shopfloor looked desperate, no matter what I did. Usually have three colleagues in, and Mondays are already the worst day, so having two who had to organise 1 hour and 15 solo time, plus pissing around with guns and printers for markdowns, the place is screwed. XD Tomorrow's overtime for three hours but on home shopping. If I'm back on there Wed, Fri and Sat, I wouldn't be surprised the majority of staff employed have left/handed in their notice by the time I return from my holiday. LOL

Went out swimming again yesterday. Got a haircut tomorrow after work. Had a bad back last week, feeling better this week.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Oct 2nd, 2018

(Oct 1st, 2018, 01:26 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Oct 1st, 2018, 12:49 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
NOPE! I just have to make sure I train all the newbies in how they do their job! LUCKY ME!

"He does the best job of the lot" they said, should be a raised, but to the point where you now have extra responsibilities because of it, demands a raise. 

Here's the rub: I actually did get a raise (a whole quarter per hour!) JUST BEFORE this was plopped onto my lap because of my evaluation being basically glowing (though, I do question it's truth, because of the circumstances that happened near it to my main manager: his sister died). So, IDK if I should just go for that NOW when I actually already did get a raise for it. Plus, it's more of a title than an actual job; I'm still an FSC, I just train the other FSCs, and that's not covered in their breakdown posters of how much each type of personnel gets paid (which they post ALL over the place!).

I bought a hat! I'm so ready for Nikki and Moony's wedding! JK; I'm f***ing terrified, IRL!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Oct 3rd, 2018

(Oct 1st, 2018, 10:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Luckily wasn't today, but boy did I see how the damage me not being there did. Utter shambles it was. Our shopfloor looked desperate, no matter what I did.
My shift yesterday was the end of this quote. I wish my store would stop having just me in to work dairy and frozen at the sametime and finish their respective deliveries single handed.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nemomon - Oct 3rd, 2018

I think we need a "I hate my job!" topic Wink.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Oct 3rd, 2018

Then I wouldn't post in that, because I don't hate my job! I actually like working there. I've had this argument with friends of mine when I'm complaining about certain aspects of games: just because I complain doesn't mean I don't like it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Oct 4th, 2018

I don't hate the game, just the way people play it. In other words, the job has problems because people can't use common sense to make it run smoothly.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Oct 5th, 2018

Wasted a full 30 minutes at work today, as there was a shortage of scan guns, and nobody knowing where they had gone. Yet again. For the millionth time in the store. Also shortage of normal sized SELs. Again, for the---. So I'm not going to be surprised nothing's changed tomorrow or when I return. Still, last shift tomorrow, then two weeks and one day off. I'll save the celebration when I clock out.

Stopped drawing and playing video games for some reason. Don't know why. Need to do something about that.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Oct 5th, 2018

I find it great that my store has something like....5 guns, and you always know where they are and who has them and chances are, will get your hands on one within 10 minutes of needing it. Likely helped that the manager of each department has one, and therefore you don't get department hogging like ASDA does. SEL's I can't comment on because I never need them for what I do. Labels are handled by their own team and aren't usually wrong because we don't replace them for every sale like ASDA does. We just put on a sales overlay that we remove after the sale finishes which is faster and easier to remember.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Oct 5th, 2018

Dang only 5 guns, and you can get one within a short time? You guys are lucky, somehow. XD Really wish we didn't have to use a system that relies on guns. The distribution when we got new guns in the first place was rubbish, got problems within days of getting them. Ah well. SELs, for some reason the person who orders them thinks we have lots, but don't. Then deputy manager starts bringing out secret ones. Sure it's OK there's a spare box somewhere, but when colleagues are repeatedly telling each other/managers there's none around, surely he'd go and order some to stop everyone wasting time looking. I only care because I sometimes look out for my past department I worked with, and helped them with SELs before. Even stashed away some in my locker, specifically for them when the shortage happened, and will do again. Produce only needs them for out of stock labels, or missing SELs, which isn't often.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Oct 5th, 2018

Yeah, do what I did and just keep a couple of reels on you at all times secretly. I always made sure I had a full reel on me so that I was never without SEL's. Surely it'd be better to order more than less, since it's not like you'd be wasting money because they won't expire and will all get used eventually anyway. Better to have too much than too little. Rolleyes