Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Oct 26th, 2018

Ah, always fun when colleagues start disappearing like that. XD Sounds just like us where there's never anyone or enough colleagues to fill in the missing spots. I assume every store's like that though.

Sleeping schedule is pretty much back to normal, however both days I've had not working (Tues and Thurs), that night I've had next to no sleep each time (literally none Tues, Thurs about 2 hours). Did have a 3 hour nap on Wednesday after work. Wondering if the activities we did, my mind and body got used to doing something different each day, as I never did have a day where I had poor sleep over there. Going back to doing jack on those days messed me up. So yeah, going to aim to do something any days I have off, even if it's just a walk like I used to.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Oct 28th, 2018

Strangely had that issue last night, EL. Well, according to my FitBit I did get some sleep, but I definitely felt very awake at most points last night. It was my first proper night's sleep since y'all left and I thought my brain had had it yesterday with my 11 hour shift I had, and yet... nope! Took a nap during the day today which helped me be productive to work some more today, but yeah, sleep is weird, man! Glad you're mostly on track now Grin

Anyone got Halloween plans yet? Smile (Or have already done?)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Oct 30th, 2018

Have been getting better sleep after Saturday night. Went to see my Dad Sunday, who I haven't seen properly for a few months now. He has to deal with my Aunt who isn't well, going downhill quite fast and will never get better. Has to stay with her before she does anything wrong like almost burning their what was their parents' home down. Which she mistakenly did once, lighting a match this Summer. Anyway, talked to him about my holiday, showed photos and gave him some chocolates. Seeing my grandparents tomorrow.

For Halloween, since we don't anything for it, going over to my brother's and his partner's place with my sister for a games night.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nemomon - Oct 30th, 2018

I have no plans for Halloween, but then again here no one - except some kids - ever celebrate it. I probably will go to sleep, or play some games and then go to sleep. November 1st is the day to visit graves, so we should be rested. Personally I don't have many graves to visit, and until a couple of years ago I used to visit them at night, but my sight also isn't as good as it was a few years ago, and I started having difficulties finding them. Even with a light. But I must admit that a cemetery at night with all the candles is a beautiful thing.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - fantanoice - Oct 30th, 2018

Yeah Halloween's not really a thing in Aus but I do have a party on Friday so that's exciting.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Oct 30th, 2018

I have no plans. Hell Halloween is mostly dead in my area. My area now is mostly older families, and kids don't go as far as they use too (nor stay up as late as they used to) for trick or treating. Once it hits dark, they are all gone (WTF!).

I feel bad for kids in my area these days Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Oct 30th, 2018

No northern propaganda for me either Tongue

But I'm going to treat myself to some candy.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nemomon - Oct 30th, 2018

Somehow it doesn't appear that Halloween is popular here... Are we, perhaps, too old for this childish event?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Oct 30th, 2018

(Oct 30th, 2018, 06:13 PM)Nemomon Wrote:
Somehow it doesn't appear that Halloween is popular here... Are we, perhaps, too old for this childish event?

Halloween is actually becoming (in the US at lease) more popular with adults.

Honestly my issue is I don't go to parties and I have no one to invite me to said parties anyways Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Oct 30th, 2018

I get to spend Halloween working so I can't really make plans. We did already decorate the house for it a little though so even if we do nothing tomorrow we still did at least something for it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - fantanoice - Oct 31st, 2018

On the walk home from work I saw no less than 20 families trick or treating, one of which was taking a photo of our mailbox (one of the other houses on our block styled it). I got mad culture shock lol.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Oct 31st, 2018

I don't celebrate Halloween, so I have nothing planned. I work 11-5 tomorrow, and then I'll either hop on Resident Evil 5 and continue knocking out trophies with my friend (I got the platinum, but still need the DLC trophies for true 100%), or I'll pop in Soul Calibur VI, which is arriving tomorrow, and give that whirl.

Though the only reason I bought SCVI this early is because of the 2B announcement, so I'm not sure if I'll actually play the game before she's added or not.

Anyways, it'll basically be a normal day for me. Go to work, come home and spend the rest of the day gaming.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Nov 1st, 2018

Candy was good.

I wish I had more, though.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Nov 3rd, 2018

With the candy I got from Florida and a bit extra from my late afternoon to evening at my brother's, is the most candy I've had in a long while. I mean got actually as I've eaten about...20% maybe? XD

I keep going to bed too late. Even now it's 11PM. Covered a shift yesterday, got tomorrow then rest on Sunday, but want to tidy my room then. Freaking mess it is somehow. Sister's happy her new bedroom has been painted and carpet has been laid. Wanted her to have the room, but still, my room is crap. Realised and found out my brother has some kind of depression, sister possibly too. Yay. Family woes. Makes me feel I should try and make the best of what I've got....when I've sorted it out that is. XD Didn't spend as much as I thought in Florida, but got the leftover cash exchanged and back into my bank. Whoo.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Nov 6th, 2018

Holy Moly I think I missed October entirely or something! I got caught up in Overwatch and am now slowly being overtaken by Heros of the Storm!

Help Blizzard is ruining my life and wallet. They already tempted me to preorder the Warcraft 3 Remaster/Remake!