Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 20th, 2019

Yeah. In short, my manager said I shouldn't get so stressed and worried about things going badly, because as long as I try my best then I can't be held at fault and they'll offer help if I can't get everything done on my own. I also get someone with me every Sunday now too, which is even better.

Has anyone else watched the trailer for the new John Wick movie?! Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Chloe - Jan 21st, 2019

Nope. But I've been hella busy. You know how it is. Wink I already can't wait for winter to be over! This weather can't make-up its mind if it wants to rain, or snow, or both. Sheesh.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 22nd, 2019

How's your Spring semester going so far for ya, chloe?

That John Wick trailer though is hype as fuck, though. If you haven't seen it yet, give it a watch.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 25th, 2019

Don't know how many trailers there have been for the new John Wick, but I've seen one. I haven't fully watched any of the other movies yet though. Need to, as I've only seen one or two scenes on YouTube.

Yay, after feeling down again and not wanting to do anything, I finally get a day where I'm willing, even after a crap day at work, got the ball rolling then bam, power outage. Getting stuff done? Here's a leakage, there goes your evening. I swear coincidences are out for me, fuck sake. XD

EDIT: All is well for now. Was the boiler and casing around a pipe, I don't know what it is exactly, but that was going all wrong. Forced the fuse to turn itself off, which was a good thing, otherwise even worse stuff would happen. Servicemen who were called out are coming back 5th Feb to fit in a new boiler and something else. Which gives me a deadline to sort out my room before then, as they'll need access to all radiators in the house. A good motivator. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 28th, 2019

Do it, EL, DO IT!

That was a voice in my head today but I just could not get it together. Wasn't helped that a missed a full dose of my morning medicines yesterday so I was feeling withdrawal symptoms all day today as a result. I felt like I wasted so much of today. This happened multiple times today:
[Image: Dx2_3lZWoAAbhpS.jpg]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - queenzelda - Feb 2nd, 2019

Hey, I know I usually don't come in here that often.. But I wanted to say that my great aunt passed away recently. Her funeral is tomorrow around 1pm & it's about 2 hours away, where it's being held. She lived a good long life, she lived until she was 93, so the way I see it she was 7 years from hitting 100. But, I'm going to miss her a lot, she was my favorite aunt. I loved her very dearly.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 3rd, 2019

Aww, I'm sorry for your loss, queen.  Even when they're old, it still sucks seeing them pass. Some part of your brain would always like to believe theyll always be around, regardless of reality. Hope you take care of yourself this weekend, and never forget those precious memories you had together Smile

Despite my head feeling funny from my lack of meds (insurance bullshit, temporary), I managed to get done a lot of chores today. Shopping, laundry, dishes, vacuuming... all before Super Bowl tonight. Anyone watching or other Sunday night plans in store?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 4th, 2019

I was curious of her age but I didn't want to pry, especially with what happened. I said my piece on TCH so I won't repeat it. It's nice to see she got to live a long life and even though passing away becomes expected for that age, it still sucks when it happens. Sad

Had a biology exam just now that I finished with quickly so I get to go home two hours earlier. Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 5th, 2019

Wow, 93. Quite a grand age that. I suppose anyone making it to their 90's are quite lucky they had a long life. Sorry for your loss, Queen.

I have time off work now, other than today as I agreed to overtime while the new boiler is fitted and such. Going to try and better myself the next few days. Have been doing things I can post about in different topics, so I'll do that.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 16th, 2019

I went to my first concert in America last night to go see Shira's boss playing the first night of his 2019 tour. I haven't really listened to much of his music so a lot of the stuff was entirely new for me, but it sounded great and it was a fun show so I feel like I got to appreciate and enjoy it as well as everyone else present who were all actually fans of the guy. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 18th, 2019

Agh, I need to sit down and listen to his music. Noticed his albums when browsing in music stores, and keep thinking to myself I need to do so, but haven't yet. I believe I've listened to one song, but that was some time ago now and can't remember what I heard. XD

My cat went to the vets today while I was at work (my sister, mum and dad took her). She's deaf which doesn't come as a shock to us as we already suspected that was the case, but good to know properly. She needs to be kept inside, only allowed in our back garden with the cat opening in the gate blocked, or outside the gate but with supervision now.

Ooh, how is Mars, Moony/Shira?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 18th, 2019

Mars is fine. Spends his days inside since we don't let him out, as you know, and just exists as cat.

Deaf isn't the worst thing that could happen (much better than being blind if you ask me) although how did your cat get deaf in the first place? It doesn't seem like something that would just happen by itself.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 20th, 2019

Being a cat is fine then. =3

Yeah, probably is the least worse condition she could get first. I'm just dreading blindness on top, or whatever else could come next. We don't actually know what could have caused it. She's inside most of the time, and our house isn't noisy. Perhaps hiding indoors when work was happening like drilling and banging from hammers had affected her ears overtime. Don't think it was the recent boiler work we've had, as we were thinking she was deaf way before then. Sister noticed signs in possibly mid-late 2018, although not much work last year at all.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 25th, 2019

Yippee, somehow someone got my bank card details in South Carolina and decided to try and buy some gas, then someone in Orangeburg tried to purchase a Bojangles meal too. So now my card got shut down for fraud and I have to wait for a new card. Fantastic. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 25th, 2019

(Feb 18th, 2019, 07:23 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Agh, I need to sit down and listen to his music. Noticed his albums when browsing in music stores, and keep thinking to myself I need to do so, but haven't yet. I believe I've listened to one song, but that was some time ago now and can't remember what I heard. XD 

If you ever want them, I can send you a few CDs in the mail that we got in storage here. Otherwise, I can recommend "Blues of Desperation", "Redemption" and "Slow Train" as songs of his to get a feel for him on.  Smile [/sellout]

Sorry about that Moony, but welcome to the age where people steal your shit. I still hate the time at NYCC where my Crunchyroll account was compromised and was paying for Premium with someone else's credentials Errm Or even Spotify, when I had 3 leeches get onto my family plan (with Moony, my mom and myself) and mooch off my premium subscription. Caught them listening while I was listening one time. Pricks.  Hmph