Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Apr 11th, 2019

Gotta love going from 70 degrees two days ago to a blizzard. There's also lightning and thunder while it's snowing, so that's cool. Unfortunately I can't be surprised by this type of whether having lived in Minnnesota for 30 years. It's normal for us to experience Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter in the span of a few hours (if not a few minutes).

It's always nice to get one last round of snow before we get to the disgusting summer weather. If winter just wants to stick around until July, that'd be okay.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 11th, 2019

(Apr 11th, 2019, 12:17 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Apr 10th, 2019, 10:05 PM)Moonface Wrote:
You seem to be living so far if you ask me. Unless you're posting from beyond the grave? O_O

I think he means; making a nice enough 'living wage'. I knew of someone who worked at Arby's who said he was making less then a living wage & hated it.
Oh I knew what he meant. Tongue I was just pulling his leg. Wink

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - Apr 17th, 2019

What's going on guys, long time no see!

I'm just browsing around on here, as well as a few other sites. I was going to play Borderlands, but I figured i'd hang around here hoping someone comes on to chat!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 17th, 2019

Hey, Frank. Yeah, you came back briefly some time ago but now it seems more of a proper return. I'll get to your topic at some point. Get playing some games, indeed.

At work at the moment, but will be back on later. Finally got a watch that monitors sleep, steps, exercise, drink intake and more. Those are the main things I wanted after seeing Shira have one. Well less so water intake, just do whatever with that. XD So far so good, second day using, although kinda messed up thinking I was asleep when it was on charge for a bit. Guess I have to turn it off for that. Went to bed at 11pm, didn't fall asleep at 9:50. LOL
Yesterday kinda purposefully had a lazy to see how that compares to a work day. Intend to do walks and exercise on days I'm not. Well, when I want to but think this'll help my motivation to do so anyway.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Apr 21st, 2019

I agree Night Lord I wish winter would stay until July summer is the worst weather. x.x

Happy Easter everyone I hope you have a great day!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 21st, 2019

(Apr 21st, 2019, 04:33 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Happy Easter everyone I hope you have a great day!
Same to you and everyone else Yuri!

Just sucks that in no-surprise-to-me fashion some group decided to ruin it for everyone in Sri Lanka today. Eh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - Apr 23rd, 2019

(Apr 17th, 2019, 10:59 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hey, Frank. Yeah, you came back briefly some time ago but now it seems more of a proper return. I'll get to your topic at some point. Get playing some games, indeed.

At work at the moment, but will be back on later. Finally got a watch that monitors sleep, steps, exercise, drink intake and more. Those are the main things I wanted after seeing Shira have one. Well less so water intake, just do whatever with that. XD So far so good, second day using, although kinda messed up thinking I was asleep when it was on charge for a bit. Guess I have to turn it off for that. Went to bed at 11pm, didn't fall asleep at 9:50. LOL
Yesterday kinda purposefully had a lazy to see how that compares to a work day. Intend to do walks and exercise on days I'm not. Well, when I want to but think this'll help my motivation to do so anyway.

Yeah, I'm back! Missed you guys Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 24th, 2019

Oy, I can't wait for today to be over. I've been writing a paper for the last three days as part of my finals, and once I finish it up tonight I won't have to do it anymore because I hand it in tomorrow! Grin
I'll still have a few exams to study for, but I'm only concerned about one of those, and at least that won't eat up all my free time like this paper has done for the past week (I had to spend time researching for it prior to writing it).

Also, +1 for the old school signature Frank. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - Apr 28th, 2019

Haha thanks Adam! I honestly couldn't think of a better signature to use. I believe I made that in Paint and Microsft Gif Animator back in the day. My signature is just something I made for a game club I started on a trading site I frequent. It also goes along with the last YouTube video I made.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 29th, 2019

I should check out your YouTube some time soon. I'm assuming its separate from your FullFrank stuff?

Weather's been quite pleasant here for us in SoFlo lately. Warm but not hot, and decently nice at night. Summer approaches, though, and that's gonna be a whole lot of not fun. My friends and I have discussed going back to Volcano Bay at some point in the summer so maybe that'll alleviate some of that dread.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 29th, 2019

Yeah, hope everyone had a good Easter last week. Mine was a normal day, although I did end up getting a lot more chocolate Easter Eggs than I first wanted. 8 instead three, but hey when you get a free one from work, one from your Dad and buy 5 at a reduction, why not? XD The other one was at full price which I did want.

Got 10 mins of my shift left, yeah a late break and have stuff I still want to help out with, but I'll be back later for an edit and more.

EDIT: I wrote my post out before my shift, but my phone's browser stopped working just before I was going to post it. Dang it. >.<

Yesterday, spent quality time with my Dad, along with my sister and family friend. My Aunt's recently gone into a home for now, which helps my Dad out not having to look after her day in day out, as she couldn't communicate with words anymore, and he can't help her get washed, among other things. She needed supervision, which she seems to be getting there. Visited her very briefly, would've stayed a bit longer but she was ready to go to sleep. That wasn't the main thing we did with my Dad though. We went out to eat, play a card game and did some gardening at his house. Cut down a small tree that was growing into the gutter, plus chopped off lower branches of the larger trees outside the living room window that was preventing some daylight getting in. I did most of the sawing off, as I'm already quite good at it and had the best saw handy plus I could get into awkward places. XD Will be watching the new Avengers movie on Wednesday with my Dad and sister. =3

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 30th, 2019

Shira and I got two chocolate easter eggs from my parents, but we haven't started eating them yet. Tongue

I have one more exam tomorrow and I'm finished with this semester of classes. Although I technically did tomorrows exam last week because my teacher literally gave us all the answers, so my answer sheet is already filled in. I just have to hand it in. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - May 2nd, 2019

The only thing better than the look on my boss's face when she found out I put in my two week notice, was the look on her face when she found out I put in my two week notice without having another job secured. It was pretty much me saying, "Working for you is such a huge shitshow that I'd rather risk going a couple of weeks without working than staying here any longer."

Then she tried to talk me into at least continuing to work there until I got a call back from another job, but I told her that I wasn't interested and that I was going to use any time off from working between my last day and when I get another job to work on improving my overall health. Oh man was she pissed. But, maybe me pretty much telling her I'd rather be jobless than work for her will make her open her eyes and realize that her business is a sinking ship.

Tired of the drama and high school level bullshit that goes on there. That paired up with the fact that my paychecks have been getting less and less, despite having been given a raise recently, which she then nullified by turning around and giving me less hours. I'm supposed to get 40 hours a week, it was part of the deal when I agreed to stay there instead of leaving back in November 2017. However, since then, I never touched 40 hours once. The closest I got was 35 hours, and that was after months of complaining about not having enough hours. So she gave me 35 hours a week for one pay period (two weeks) and then I immediately went back down to 25-30 hours, and then to 20-25 hours after getting my raise.

When my paychecks aren't even breaking $500, I know it's time to find a job that will actually give me the hours I am seeking. I've been more than kind enough in putting up with this for over a year, but there comes a point where even I will say, "Fuck you, I'm done."

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 2nd, 2019

I absolutely did not just nuke the entire database and send the entire board back to the stone age. Nope. Not at all. Whistle

Seriously though, fuck databases with a ten foot pole. All I wanted to do was set up a test environment and instead the server decided "Oh, you didn't want this stuff to also be over there too?" when I screamed in frustration loud enough that I won't be shocked for a neighbour to knock on my door and ask if I'm OK. Rolleyes

All I want to do is re-install MyBB to fix some errors in the databases without murdering anything. Is that too much to ask? >.<

@DL: Good for you on leaving that. Considering she isn't giving the hours agreed to, and is probably aware of the other issues that are ongoing, she doesn't seem like someone who actually has the interests of their employees at heart. If my job gave me a raise and proceeded to cut my hours to nullify the increase, I'd be tempted to leave regardless of any other drama because it's basically saying "Although I think you're worth paying more, I actually don't want to pay you more overall" and comes off as unappreciative of the work being done.

Also, is that $500 a week or every two weeks? If the latter, that seems low. I've been pulling 25 hour weeks or so for the last few months due to school and I think I was making more than half of that per week. Granted, Publix may pay more than wherever you were working, but I certainly wouldn't stay at a job if there was another I could get into that pays more per hour.

So...nuking the databases actually fixed the errors in the databases apparently. Not how I intended to deal with them but I'll take it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - May 3rd, 2019

That's for two weeks of work. I get paid $11.50 an hour (which isn't TOO bad considering it's a convenience store), but the fact that I'm only pulling 20-25 hours lowers what I actually get by a significant amount. A couple of months ago I got 35-40 hours for two weeks, and my pay check was just a little under $700. So I could make the kind of money I want there, but she just won't give me the hours I need, and when she does, it's only for a couple of weeks before she cuts my hours in half. I'm tired of having to go to her and bitch about it all of the time, so instead of doing that again, I'm just finding a new job.

There was also another incident in which she let an employee who just decided she didn't want to work there any more come back, and I guess another one of my co-workers (one of the newer girls) told her that me and another co-worker were saying shit about her that we never said, and so she was mad at me the first night she was back and was making comments about spitting in my food. When I told my boss this, she just laughed. Don't think she ever even talked to her about making those comments. That was what really made me decide that I wasn't even going to wait to secure another job. I was just getting out of there immediately.

I don't care how mad you are at someone, or if you're just straight up joking, you don't make comments about spitting in anyone's food, regardless if they're a co-worker.