Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - May 3rd, 2019

Congrats on leaving that environment Night Lord! I wish you luck in finding a better job and with working on your health! Smile

@Moony: You still haven't fixed the broken wrong password page btw and congrats on finishing this term!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 3rd, 2019

(May 3rd, 2019, 06:46 AM)Yuri Wrote:
@Moony: You still haven't fixed the broken wrong password page btw and congrats on finishing this term!
Ugh, not the words I wanted to hear this morning. I was convinced it was fixed but I wasn't doing the right steps to replicate the problem it seems. >.<

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - May 3rd, 2019

I'm sorry Moony! The good news is I am probably your best tester because I tend to have to try different passwords to figure out which one it is. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - May 5th, 2019

Not using Last Pass to store all your passwords in [current year] . You all disappoint me Glare

I would say I can't believe it's May already but I have this same thought every month and do nothing with this newfound knowledge Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - May 5th, 2019

Me the same, Shira. Days, weeks, months going by so quick.

What have I done? Not much at all. Got one hour more at work during a week, wasn't really a goal but was something I suppose. Gone to three volunteering sessions, helped my Dad one day and anything else that may have mattered as an accomplishment I've haven't done or forgotten. XD Also playing the same video game and don't have the will to play anything else at the moment. >.< Done one good drawing when I should have done a lot by now, was on my way to do a better record of my last year's weightlifting but haven't done any since early April. Been feeling tired most of the time. Need to get out more I suppose. Will do more this week, have Wednesday off and doing something with two older friends that will help me. So there's that at least. Hope I get in the mood to do stuff after that.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 6th, 2019

(May 3rd, 2019, 09:23 PM)Yuri Wrote:
I'm sorry Moony! The good news is I am probably your best tester because I tend to have to try different passwords to figure out which one it is. XD
I'd be less bothered doing the fix if I knew how to do it quickly and properly. Going into it with no knowledge and hoping something doesn't go horribly wrong in the process makes the whole thing a nightmare for me. I only have myself to blame though, since I broke the database in the first place by botching one of the software upgrades. Rolleyes

@EL: If you want help with your workouts I could give you some stuff since I had to take a physical wellness class this past semester. I only had it twice a week and time spent working out in those classes was probably only 90 minutes at tops (likely more to be an hour) but I had improvements over the 16 weeks I did it. Although, I was using equipment whereas you're using weights, but there are exercises that can involve just weights that work out more than just your arms. Wink

I haven't got much work this week since I'm still on the schedule I had for school despite classes being over. I'm kind of glad about that since yesterday was a total shit show because my department deputy manager wouldn't accept no for an answer when he asked me to stay later. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - May 7th, 2019

(May 5th, 2019, 05:50 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Not using Last Pass to store all your passwords in [current year] . You all disappoint me Glare

I would say I can't believe it's May already but I have this same thought every month and do nothing with this newfound knowledge Errm
Nikki I refuse to be a slave to advertisers....and their filth deciding how I can live my life!

I will mess up my passwords all I want and they can't stop me! Glare 

I honestly already accepted that life is now fast and I'm just here for the ride then I get sad cause I don't feel like I'm making a full use of my time.

Lately I've been spending it on Youtube I need to do something productive maybe working on my art skills that are lacking instead of just filling my time with entertainment.   Hmm 

Though I've technically already paid for a month of FFXIV and I haven't been on for a good few weeks because I wanted a break....I kinda want to get back on, but I feel like I'm still just wasting all my time on entertainment.

I'm still in a constant struggle about whether I actually want to learn another language or not. Because if I do that is going to require some dedication, I also have to get myself on track to being dedicated to improving my artistic abilities as I slowly wait for my death. ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 7th, 2019

I hope none of my schooling requires learning a language. I simply don't care and I won't use it. The only reason I stuck with a foreign language in secondary school was because my teacher lied that having that on your resume equates to an instant pay increase even if the language isn't necessary for the job. Gotta love teachers that prey on the naivety of children rather than encouraging a kid to learn something for reasons that aren't bullshit. Rolleyes
Still, better to be preyed on by a teacher with lies than a priest whose version of lying to a kid involves a bed and a lack of clothing. Whistle

Also, Chrome updated to a dark look and I hate it because I keep thinking I opened an incognito window. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - May 7th, 2019

(May 7th, 2019, 12:28 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I hope none of my schooling requires learning a language. I simply don't care and I won't use it. The only reason I stuck with a foreign language in secondary school was because my teacher lied that having that on your resume equates to an instant pay increase even if the language isn't necessary for the job. Gotta love teachers that prey on the naivety of children rather than encouraging a kid to learn something for reasons that aren't bullshit. Rolleyes
Still, better to be preyed on by a teacher with lies than a priest whose version of lying to a kid involves a bed and a lack of clothing. Whistle

Also, Chrome updated to a dark look and I hate it because I keep thinking I opened an incognito window. Errm

Well if you took a language in high school you shouldn't need too and I'm assuming you already did! THat kinda the problem with it I can tell you one thing I had two choices Spanish and ASL and if I am being completely honest with you....I don't care about learning either of those two languages, but since I didn't have a language I had to take them.

My Chrome hasn't updated to the dark side yet? I wonder why?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 7th, 2019

(May 7th, 2019, 12:53 AM)Yuri Wrote:
Well if you took a language in high school you shouldn't need too and I'm assuming you already did!
Moonface Wrote:
The only reason I stuck with a foreign language in secondary school...
I said I did. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Frank - May 8th, 2019

I need to quite my job. The people here make me miserable and definitely make me think lesser of myself...

Someone cheer me up!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 8th, 2019

Where do you work dude?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Hotspot - May 9th, 2019

(May 3rd, 2019, 09:23 PM)Yuri Wrote:

I do the same thing, and it gets so frustrating sometimes. It's like, I have 80 other passwords, which ones do you want me to try next? I should honestly just reset my passwords on all platforms to just one thing. 

Moony Wrote:
I hope none of my schooling requires learning a language. I simply don't care and I won't use it. The only reason I stuck with a foreign language in secondary school was because my teacher lied that having that on your resume equates to an instant pay increase even if the language isn't necessary for the job. Gotta love teachers that prey on the naivety of children rather than encouraging a kid to learn something for reasons that aren't bullshit.
I've seen plenty of jobs that want bilingual people, it can help, but definitely not always necessary. I think I saw that once for a warehouse job, and I was like.. why the hell would a warehouse worker need to be bilingual?! Does the machinery speak Italian or something?!  Blink

So I'm working on my blog, going through all 180 posts. Giving it new images, touching up what I wrote, and it's taking months because I just fall off the wagon, and want to take a break. It'll be easier once it's all done, and I can just work on one new post at a time.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 9th, 2019

(May 9th, 2019, 04:15 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
I've seen plenty of jobs that want bilingual people, it can help, but definitely not always necessary.
Oh I know it can be useful for certain fields. I just disliked that my teacher made it sound like you get a bonus for knowing a second language no matter what the job is and used that lie to encourage me to continue learning a second language. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - May 9th, 2019

Ah, Minnesota. Once again winter proves that it doesn't go away so easily. A forecast of 3-7 inches of snow on May 8th.

Just when people thought it was finally over, they were wrong.