Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 25th, 2019

Yeah, I heard it was stupid hot in the UK lately. Which would be fine if as you said, there was AC. I'd consider getting one if it's hot again next summer, but not this year only because hot summers are hit and miss there.

Did my first driving lesson today, and it was really fun! I got to go out driving around the county for about two hours during late morning rush hour and found it to be pleasant. Just got to get used to certain things that'll come with time and experience but otherwise my instructor was very impressed. Grin

Also, do not work an 11 hour retail shift. I did that Monday and it was awful. x.x

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 25th, 2019

So I just heard during a stream that Google is going to remove all support for ad blockers on Chrome. Being curious about this, I looked it up to find that it's been talked about for months now.

Well, I guess it's time to go back to Firefox after all these years. Oof.

Chrome's use will drop drastically if they do that. You can't browse the web these days without ad block otherwise you're going to get intrusive shit and dodgy downloads. Plus I could never go back to seeing ads on YouTube.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 25th, 2019

It was very unfortunate looking it up and finding out it's true. I don't know when it's going to take place, but having used Chrome exclusively since it released, it's going to be very sad going back to another browser. Especially since Firefox never seems to really work that well for me, but none of the other options are any better.

I had heard Firefox was getting better and even implementing things that Chrome could do with having.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 26th, 2019

Yeah, but... my Miku theme on Chrome... :'(

But yeah, looks like I'll have to spend some time in the coming weeks looking back into Firefox and seeing it maybe it'll actually run decently. Last time I tried FF it ran like poop, but that was over a year ago before I got this laptop. Maybe it'll actually run on this one.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 26th, 2019

Firefox doesn't have themes even now? That's surprising if so.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 26th, 2019

They do, but it's a lot more limited than what they are in Chrome. Themes on Firefox only account for the very top of the page (where the tabs and such are) while Chrome's would cover that, plus the 'New Tab' page would also be themed along with it.

Not a huge thing, but does kind of suck. Plenty of Miku themes on Firefox to look through though, so I'm sure I'll find something I like.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jul 26th, 2019

That's one thing I take for granted down in Florida: all the buildings have AC. I remember last time I was in England, and all I saw were heat radiators in my aunt's and uncles' places, and thinking "um, what about AC?" Seriously, HVAC is a wonderful thing.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 26th, 2019

I don't even know if modern houses in the UK come with AC or if they still use radiators under the windows too. XD

Bless, someone spammed my email account claiming they used my webcam to record me yesterday doing adult things and that they'll publish it to my social media feeds unless I pay $1600. Too bad my laptop hasn't even been on for at least three days. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jul 27th, 2019

Oh, you got that spam email too. When I got thay, I actually said "Dude, you cant hurt me more than I hurt myself; bring it." Then I googled it, and it's a known scam email, so bless their heart.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jul 27th, 2019

I wish I got interesting spam emails. Mine are all just shit I inadvertently subscribed to that are being filtered into there over time Sad

It is going to suck with Chrome doing that. I wonder if it has to do with interfering in Stadia production or something to that degree Hmm More likely they're losing ad revenue on YouTube but ya know lol

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 27th, 2019

I feel if it was YouTube they'd find a way to block ad blockers on the site itself. Otherwise, everyone just goes to another browser that does block ads and you're back to the same problem, except now you also lost install base on your browser. Perhaps Stadia will feature ads and killing ad blockers in Chrome will stop them from being interfered with, since no other browser is going to load the games.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jul 27th, 2019

Yeah thats why I mentioned Stadia. I actually wonder if people will start developing hacking material into Chrome extensions to be utilized in Stadia stuff...

As an aside, moving sucks. The end result is cool, but that beforehand bullshit is just the absolute worst. Sometimes just want to chuck everything out the window and say fuck it, dont need it, but that could be troublesome ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 27th, 2019

Since Stadia is online, there's probably going to be plenty of checks in place for any sort of cheating systems. I'd be surprised if extensions will even be allowed to run while using Stadia even if it's just something simple like an appearance mod.

The only part I've hated most about moving is the time spent getting rid of shit. If it was just take everything and put it into boxes, I'd find it less tedious (it would still be so, mind you). Half of our time packing today was just going through old clothes rather than actually putting things into boxes. It also doesn't help that everything just starts to fall apart because I can't be arsed to clean up when there's boxes and stuff all over the place. I'd rather do that when the rooms are clear and you can just get to all the flooring and surfaces properly.

At least with the new house it'll only have stuff we want in it and it'll be a blank canvas so we can put stuff away properly, whereas here some stuff was just in such a state, e.g. the bedroom closet, that you can't be bothered to deal with it. XD