Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 4th, 2019

I mean we all are flawed Moony! I mean humanity has some really glaring design flaws and don't get me started on our completely failed social systems! D:

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 4th, 2019

Speak for yourself. I can assure you that EL is the living embodiment of human perfection the likes of which shall never be seen again in ours or any other species. Whistle

Well EL is an exception he was biologically engineered to be the perfect being. <_<

We all can't be designer babies like EL! D:

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 4th, 2019

Hurrah, my test item came! Now, to actually get the thing I wanted. Thank you, amazon prime; you treat your workers horribly, but I would actually like this in two days, plz.

Oh my god! Congratulations Cricket I am so excited about your first step into the exciting world of reptiles and I really like the cage you picked out for your future lizards! Now I won't ruin the surprise of what type of lizards your going to be getting, but I look forward to you sharing picture of them with everyone! Grin

Now I do got a question though, won't your parents see your lizards?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 4th, 2019

Seeing the term "test item" followed by "lizards" painted a very different picture for me than what was intended by both of you. ROFL

In less lizard-y news I'm taking up the pencil again and another thing, but this time I'm going to try to stick to my schedule and not let myself get discouraged if things aren't looking quite right....also I am really having trouble making light pencil marks. v.v

Gotta take my time and be patient because nobody got anywhere from giving up!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 5th, 2019

Good to see America's solid gun control laws prevent more mass shootings from happening.

...Oh wait.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 5th, 2019

(Aug 4th, 2019, 07:19 PM)Yuri Wrote:
In less lizard-y news I'm taking up the pencil again and another thing, but this time I'm going to try to stick to my schedule and not let myself get discouraged if things aren't looking quite right....also I am really having trouble making light pencil marks. v.v

Gotta take my time and be patient because nobody got anywhere from giving up!

That's a good mind set, definitely keep at it, Yuri! Do you mean faint strokes with a pencil, or shading? Wish I was there in person to help out and see what you're doing.

I need to do that too, been doing a few drawings but nothing I've been proud of, except one. I got a week off work now, so going try and do some this time. Although will be at my friend's house until Friday so got other activities as well, but plan to get at least a good day's work of art in.

Really sucks about the recent shootings. There was one in a mall and then Ohio soon after too? Yeesh.

EDIT: Okey dokey. I totally meant to add Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif and black colour to my font all in one go, without clicking on any of that. Yup.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 5th, 2019

Honestly I wish we could have stricter gun control laws in America, but for some reason people would rather blame other things than how incredibly easy it is to get guns in America. Eh

@Mr EliteL
Faint strokes with a pencil and shading I gotta work on both and thank you for the encouragement EL! Grin Keep it up too! Grin I mean even if its a little I think we can say even a little is better than nothing at all right? I hope you can get your full day of art in and really enjoy it though and have fun with your friend!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 5th, 2019

(Aug 5th, 2019, 12:09 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Really sucks about the recent shootings. There was one in a mall and then Ohio soon after too? Yeesh.

Near a mall. The shooting took place at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas. Gunner opened fire with an AK47 (again, why do normal citizens need access to military grade weapons?). Last I saw the death count was 20 with many others injured.

The Ohio shooting happened a few hours afterwards in a bar. Last time I checked, the death count was at 9, with the shooter's sister being one of the victims. Which makes you wonder if she was the main target, because I can't imagine it being just a coincidence that the guy decided to go shoot up a bar that his sister just happened to be at.

But yeah, 30+ people dead in two mass shootings that happened just hours apart from one another. But I'm sure the NRA and Republicans will continue to find other reasons to blame rather than the fact that someone can just walk into a gun shop, have minimal background checks done, and walk out with a military-grade weapon that was created for the sole purpose of mass killing.

Then to make this all even better, I saw a news article this morning about another planned mass shooting that was thwarted. I guess a teen in Texas planned on taking an AK47 (MAN IT'S NOT LIKE NORMAL CITIZENS HAVING ACCESS TO MILITARY GRADE WEAPONS IS A PROBLEM OR ANYTHING) and shooting up a hotel, but his grandmother thwarted the plan because she was worried he was suicidal and talked him into checking into a mental hospital. I did read the full story, so I'm not sure on the full details, but this was the gist of it from what I read.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 5th, 2019

Technically there was four mass shootings since there were two more at least in Chicago over the weekend too. I know Chicago is it's own special breed of trouble given how often a shooting happens there compared to anywhere else, but it all counts regardless.

My biggest pet peeve about shootings in America is when anyone tries to use knife crime in London as a comparison. "Oh they took guns away in England and so now they use knives and it's just as bad". No, it isn't. 285 people were killed across the entire of England due to a knife or sharp object from March 2018 to March 2019. None of those are mass stabbings. Nowhere has ever gone on lockdown over a knife. We don't have to take active knifer training in schools or jobs. Comparing the two is fucking imbecilic and claiming them to be on par to each other is just spouting bullshit for the sake of diverting the discussion away from the actual problem. The biggest difficulty America has in dealing with the gun issues is that so many of them are in public hands and many could be in the hands of people who shouldn't have them. Although most politicians don't want to touch gun matters with a ten foot cannon, they should at least pass a law that waivers all medical fees from victims of shootings. Being shot and surviving isn't exactly something to be grateful for when you go bankrupt and lose your house and belongings. The best solution would be to just ditch the bullshit medical insurance system the US has so no one has to face the possibility of going bankrupt just for spending a day at the hospital, but too many Americans who have the power to do something about it are too stubborn and full of themselves and their country to actually do it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 6th, 2019

But why touch gun law matters when you can... you guessed it! BLAME VIDEO GAMES!

Quote:Hours after a mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio, brought the weekend death total to 29, following a Saturday massacre in El Paso, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) offered his take on what helped fuel the latest round of unspeakable violence: Video games that “dehumanize individuals.”

Echoing similar sentiments from Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick ®, McCarthy suggested that games have led to increased violence by young Americans.

“I’ve always felt that it’s a problem for future generations and others,” McCarthy said on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures.” “We’ve watched from studies, shown before, what it does to individuals, and you look at these photos of how it took place, you can see the actions within video games and others.”

Yep. Only took Republicans a whole day to go ahead and blame it all on video games.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 6th, 2019

I used to be a beater of the mental health drum, mainly because 2 out of every 3 gun deaths are suicides, but now? I dont care anymore. I just want them to do SOMETHING! ANYTHING! Just don't accept the status quo anymore!

SO! As I've expressed before, I bought a thing on Amazon. That thing came in today. And...it was a little bit of a debate as to whether or not I wanted to post this, but I decided I have the courage to show you guys. So, with that all said: how do they look?

[Image: 20190806_144925.jpg]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 6th, 2019

@"Sunbum" Stop revealing America's biggest weaknesses President Trump always tell me America is great! D: Stop ruining my delusions! XD I honestly agree with you 100% Moony our healthcare is just completely bullshit and we really shouldn't be afraid to go to the doctors, but we are and its awful! The gun law stuff is just dumb and frankly it just regularly get ignored because people just like their guns way too much to maybe consider it shouldn't be easy to get a gun. Any new law shouldn't effect any previous owner of guns that way while they maybe in circulation we can't see a crazed person go buy one and shoot up a mall next week. Eh Though I feel like one of the reasons why no politician does anything about our broken health care system is really because they are being paid off. Gotta love them plutocracies, but honestly I bet most countries are plutocracies soooo I don't know.

@Dragon Lord I wonder why they continue to push this video game cause violence agenda because when they were young they blamed something they enjoyed and just passing the puck seem really stupid and they are still doing this! Its been years video games aren't going to cause a stable person to suddenly become unstable.

@Maniakkid25
Those are some really nice lizards you got there Cricket! I think they look nice, but we could get a better look probably in a full screen mirror tbh.

PS: I'm going to enjoy using this tagging feature Tongue