Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 7th, 2019

Because video games are the easy way out. No need to actually put effort into dealing with the real issues when you can just use video games as your scapegoat and get a bunch of paranoid parents up in arms with their torches and pitchforks.

Much easier than actually dealing with the problems and making all of the inbred "muh guns!" rednecks mad at you, I guess.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 7th, 2019

(Aug 6th, 2019, 08:56 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Those are some really nice lizards you got there Cricket! I think they look nice, but we could get a better look probably in a full screen mirror tbh.
Why are they called lizards? Unsure

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 7th, 2019

Because Yuri is making a funny, and the joke is just going completely over your head. Trust me, don't worry about it. But still, what do you think? ^.=.^;

I actually kind of like them...

I think they're neat. My mind keeps thinking they're a high heel of sorts but I get the feeling you're going to educate me that they're not. XD

No, they are. 4 inches, no less. And thigh-high (which was not intentional), which surprised me when they actually came up to my thighs.

It's a curiosity I've been seeking to sate for a while now, and I decided to get them now because...well, reasons, pretty much.

(Aug 7th, 2019, 08:12 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
No, they are. 4 inches, no less. And thigh-high (which was not intentional), which surprised me when they actually came up to my thighs.
Have you tried walking in them yet?

Nope! I don't want my parents to find out that I bought these, so I'm waiting for them to be out of the house before I really try that. But I have tried standing on them, and it was actually easier than I expected. Hurts the balls of my feet, though.

You had me in the first half about the lack of pain or uncomfortability, not gonna lie. Tongue

Really, the only uncomfortable thing about wearing them (and ONLY wearing them, not standing or anything) is that my feet are very sweaty, and I can't really fit my feet plus socks in them, so that's annoying.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 9th, 2019

So it just keeps getting better. In light of the El Paso shooting, Walmart has now decided to remove any advertisements showing gun violence (video games, movies, even hunting videos in the sporting section), but... they will absolutely not remove the guns from the gun section.

*slow clap*

For full details, refer to this article.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 9th, 2019

Because sure, when a White Nationalist who seriously believes in the Great Replacement shoots up your store, its the violent imagery that set him off, and not the fact that he's a crazy idiot. Clearly that solves the problem. Idiots.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - queenzelda - Aug 9th, 2019

It's because no one speaks up about someone being off kilter before something bad happens. Everytime, after the shooter shots up someplace 20 people come forwards saying; 'Oh yea, we always thought this would happen.' So if someone thinks it; them maybe they should say something & then maybe after say 10 reports the cops go in & look in on the claims & get the person help. Like a grandmother who knew what her grandson was planning a shooting & stepped in; & she was was able to stop him from doing it by taking him to a hospital. sauce

I remember when I was very young that your school would ask you to speak up to your teacher or anyone of authority if you thought something was wrong. But that's no longer a thing, because no one wants to act due to a law suit, or 'getting their feelings hurt'. Lord forbid that we start saying something about some one to avert a future shooting. Nope; it's not our problem.. But it is.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 11th, 2019

(Aug 5th, 2019, 08:11 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Then to make this all even better, I saw a news article this morning about another planned mass shooting that was thwarted. I guess a teen in Texas planned on taking an AK47 (MAN IT'S NOT LIKE NORMAL CITIZENS HAVING ACCESS TO MILITARY GRADE WEAPONS IS A PROBLEM OR ANYTHING) and shooting up a hotel, but his grandmother thwarted the plan because she was worried he was suicidal and talked him into checking into a mental hospital. I did read the full story, so I'm not sure on the full details, but this was the gist of it from what I read.

Yeah, DL mentioned it earlier, queen; there has been a recent upward trend this week of the "See something, say something" idea because of the amount of thwarted shootings I keep seeing on the headlines.

I've been done with these things since the first major one, and ever since the one that actually hit "close to home" last year, I've grown fed up with just sitting around letting it happen. Being an active part of the culture change is really fundamental to getting this shit to finally stop enough for it to not be such a fucking epidemic.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - King Atem - Aug 11th, 2019

You guys heard that Walmart took down violent video game signage & removed them from being sold this week right? Cause that's totally the issue. [/not] Whistle -rollseyes emoji- https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/business/walmart-violent-video-games/index.html

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 11th, 2019

(Aug 9th, 2019, 04:55 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
So it just keeps getting better. In light of the El Paso shooting, Walmart has now decided to remove any advertisements showing gun violence (video games, movies, even hunting videos in the sporting section), but... they will absolutely not remove the guns from the gun section.

*slow clap*

For full details, refer to this article.

Yes. As you can see, I already posted about it four posts prior.