Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 11th, 2019

So, I'm currently practicing walking in my high heels. Its easier than expected, but I do have one significant problem: my feet do not come down straight. And these are stilletto heels, so if you dont come down straight on them, you're gonna have a bad time.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - queenzelda - Aug 12th, 2019

Yes, stiletto heals are not an easy thing to get into when your new to them. But with patience, practice & time you'll be mastering moves next thing you know. What helped me was to practice being on my tippie toes; like if you were a ballerina. It helped me anyway; & it's good for practice.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 12th, 2019

Wal-Mart removing violent games but not guns just shows they're not interested in fixing the problem, they just want to give the response that the media is trying to paint as being the correct one. The media is trying to blame games, so Wal-Mart deals with the games to look like they're addressing what is being painted as the problem. Of course it's obvious to anyone who takes a minute to look into it that games are not to blame, but Wal-Mart is just one of many examples of skirting the true problem in favour of doing something that says "Hey guys we did something to try and help".

Mental health is one of the things needing to be addressed properly. I was at my wits end in school with bullying but I never had the thought to try and harm my class. Others might have had the idea but didn't act on it (at least in a way that is lethal). Either way, something is clearly different for the US to have too many people acting out on thoughts of causing harm. A good part is probably the fact that once you see one person do it, others get the idea. When suicide gets reported on the news, suicides tend to spike following it. The media isn't going to stop reporting on it though because "gotta put out all that juicy shit even if we shouldn't", but something should be done to curb people acting out on them, whether it be killing others or committing suicide. You can't just brush the matter under the rug and hope no one does it because no one is talking about it on TV, because the issue still exists, so it isn't about removing the conversation but finding a way to keep it healthy and not an influence to the wrong people.

Outside of that, try not to break an ankle @Maniakkid25. XD Still, as @queenzelda said, you'll get used to them over time. I doubt anyone has ever slapped on a stiletto and walked perfectly with it first time. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 13th, 2019

Especially not a 4 inch stilletto...

Like I said, I used to beat the mental health drum (it's actually the reason I will never own a firearm myself: I know EXACTLY what I will do with it). But at this point, its a red herring that isnt worth discussion. The firearms are the issue at hand, and I'm PRO-GUN, here!

I'm a enthusiast and amatuer historian, and the idea that these firearms could be locked away from us means we lose that opportunity to learn from our past: the mechanical innovations of interchangable parts, the advent of cordite, and even just the concept of automatic fire necessitating a way to turn linear force into rotary force. That, and I'm also in the argument that it's impossible to truly outlaw firearms without outlawing the knowledge of firearms themselves (just ask what happened to P.A. Luty), and that's pretty dystopian if you ask me. But, I don't have all the facts straight, so I will say I'm not well-informed enough to make an argument, just that I'm informed enough to know that certain arguments are crap.

Edit: Oh boy, I just fell into a couple PRATTs, didn't I? Well, let me back up my bulls*** before you eviscerate it, please.

So, as far as the history thing, if you think that this discussion has nothing to do with that, let me introduce you to your worst nightmare: Curio and Relic! See, if you have the right license, then you can just obtain certain weapons like a standard gun. Hell, you can get them MAILED to your house in some states! Now, how about I tell you there are C&R-compatible AR-15s in circulation right now, and oh yeah, they're pre-1986, meaning they are full auto capable.

So yes, we are still talking about potentially banning history. As well, before someone can say "Assault Weapons", keep in mind the last time we tried that bulls***, it just lead to weapons manufacturers getting... creative. Hell, the whole reason that pistol grip only Shotguns exist is because it bypasses the NFA by not legally being a shotgun (a shotgun is defined as having a stock). Then there are stupid creations like the OA-96 and 98, which skirted past the AWB by technicalities like being too light or having the magazine PHYSICALLY WELDED TO THE RECIEVER!

And this is the most damning part of any discussion about this topic: even if we passed "common sense" gun reform RIGHT NOW, we wouldn't see effects for several years. And that would just be more fuel for the pro-gun lobby to try and get the laws abolished. Fact of the matter is, this country is screwed to the wall when it comes to gun control, and something tells me this is just the normal we have to accept, as horrifying as it is.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 16th, 2019

While it may seem realistic to view the gun issues of America as the norm and too far gone to be rectified, I'd only accept that line of thinking only after plans were implemented to help lower the rate of them and were proven in practice to still not make a decent dent in the problem. If the country really wants to just live with it, then it should put measures in place to stop the victims from wishing they were dead if they took a bullet because of the trauma and expenses that come attached with surviving. Terrorism is a big thing too, but the US is always happy to go storming in as a "bastion of freedom" to try and stop it, but somehow your own people killing innocent civilians and school kids is asking too much despite it really being the same thing?

Moving on from that, I just found out there's a Playmobil movie? Blink
Unsurprisingly, it's bombing something chronic. $75million budget and hasn't even made $750,000 at the box office.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 17th, 2019

The reason for what you're talking about Moon is because it's okay when America does it. Want to march into another country and completely de-militarize them? A-ok because 'Merica. Want to attempt to remove or restrict access to military grade weapons of murder from normal citizens in the US who have no reason to have them? How dare you attack freedom in such a barbaric way.

It's kind of like how the US expects every other country in the world to dismantle their nuclear warheads while also expecting them to be okay with letting us keep ours. America is the land of hypocrisy at its finest.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 17th, 2019

Almost like it'll have to take some insane kind of miracle, a legitimate world peace or extinction of mankind to see the US give up weapons for citizens at this point. Wish I was exaggerating too. I'll just go sit in my corner and keep to myself.

Yeah, Playmobil movie. Didn't think that'll do well, but doing that badly is....wait I'm not surprised at all. Everyone's go to try and make a movie out of something now anyway, may as well join in....and lose lots in the meantime. Yeah, I was surprised to see it in the cinema adverts on the hallway though last month or so, whenever I went last.

Another long shift today, don't think I should go 3/4 of a day without food again though. Not unless I'm stranded alone with a broken leg. I think that would be a good reason to then though.

My Nan's in hospital, first for hallucinating, then she was getting a bit better, but now she's paralysed. The joy of getting old. Can't wait. Nah, do hope she gets better, she was in hospital for something else late last year or early this year, and came back out of that. If only everyone was 10 years younger. Unless you're 10 or 100.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 18th, 2019

I got three days off from work since I ran out of hours due to our inventory/stock take being this past week, so from having to stay late for all my start of week shifts I hit 35 hours in three days. School starts on Tuesday, which I'm looking forward to doing again since that's always a pleasure (16 year old me would crucify my current self if it heard that).

Work might turn into a dive again soon since my coworker on Frozen told me today he's planning to transfer out from how bad he finds the place. The number of people I've seen come and go at that store in the span of my year there is far more than the number of people I saw come and go during my three years at Asda. To be fair even last week I threatened to up and go to another store from how insane the place was getting, and although they gave me the whole "Just do what you can" talk, I won't be shocked to get my head chewed off when they find that approach is going to make things worse when I stop bothering to nigh on kill myself to get things finished. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 18th, 2019

(Aug 17th, 2019, 11:10 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Almost like it'll have to take some insane kind of miracle, a legitimate world peace or extinction of mankind to see the US give up weapons for citizens at this point. Wish I was exaggerating too. I'll just go sit in my corner and keep to myself.r or early this year, and came back out of that. If only everyone was 10 years younger. Unless you're 10 or 100.

You're not wrong. I think it'd take a tragic event on the most extreme level for the US government to actually start thinking about stricter gun laws. Right now it's always the same cycle. Grief/surprise into finger pointing into "oh well, we tried" into nothing happening, and the cycle repeats and all the politicians and NRA members act so shocked at it happening again.

First thing that needs to happen in order to move forward and start cleaning up this mess is getting rid of the NRA. The main reason you never see anything happening to change this is because the NRA has so many politicians by the balls. No attempts at gun reform can even happen because of this politicians receiving funding from the NRA and thus becoming their bitches.

Anyways, we've probably talked about this enough for now. No use beating a dead horse and all that.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Smokey - Aug 18th, 2019

How's everyone's Sunday? I'm getting over a really bad cold and still coughing my lungs out, hoping these antibiotics are actually working, granted, I'm not as bad as I was a few days ago so I'm assuming they're working.....

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 18th, 2019

I am currently freaking the f*** out because my friend from Slovenia is flying in tomorrow and I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO AAAAAAGH!

Other than that, it's going alright. Also, antibiotics don't work for a cold; you want antivirals. And even then, a cold is an overreaction by your body to a harmless virus, so it's arguable whether they'd actually help, but still. Antivirals.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 19th, 2019

My Sunday combined with today is making me have a mental breakdown and consider quitting my job entirely. The extent my job has gone to throw everything on me is insane.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 19th, 2019

Speaking of being irritated with your job, I really hate these short shifts I keep getting. I'm scheduled to work 4 PM - 8 PM today, tomorrow and Thursday.

Like... why? Just schedule me 2 PM - 10 PM instead and give me one of those three days off. Most of the time I get one day off a week because I want 35-ish hours at the very least and she gives me 4-6 hour shifts. Why not give me four eight hour shifts a week and then maybe squeeze in another 4-5 hour shift to get me over the 35 hour mark? That way I get two or three days off a week instead of having to work nearly every day because oh, gotta go to work for an entire four hours!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 19th, 2019

Sunday was a good rest, but I'm in the same boat about work. Today was terrible. I only managed to fill every area of the chilled produce once, which is absolute bollocks (continuous rotating, helping customers when shelves need filling and making sure banana hammock is full is a bitch). Only two people on Mondays is stupid, I actually don't know how we managed it when we worked off the system before we had the extra pair of hands. Now she's moving to seasonal, and our section manager doesn't think we need a third person again. Thanks to the new contract either leave it be, or move someone else over, yet the hours they're moved from becomes the new gap in the problem. Same with Fridays too. Saturday may be doable, but we'll see this weekend. Today though, the guy who usually comes in at 5PM came in at 3PM instead to help out, which was good but most likely won't happen next week. I stayed an extra hour too.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 20th, 2019

Is Cheryl still the manager of produce? She normally doesn't like it when her department is screwed, so odd for her to accept that.

My work is really trying hard to have me kill someone. Discovered tonight that the deputy department manager lied to me about my vacation being denied. I will be putting that man's head on an icicle pike in the morning. Whistle