Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 21st, 2019

So I know ya'll are probably tired of talking about world news events and shit in here, but I just need to talk about this for a second.

So apparently the Amazon Forest has been on fire for the last two weeks (a little more than two weeks actually), and I only saw it trending on Twitter last night. How is the largest rain forest in the world on fire and news of it doesn't break out until 16 days after?

From what I was reading on Twitter (and obviously I'm not saying any of this is 100% fact, but it's just what people living in Brazil have been saying), the President of Brazil has been completely ignoring the issue for the most part and not even their own media is reporting on it. Sounds like the Brazilian Government didn't want anyone to know about it. Makes me wonder if maybe the fire was started intentionally to drive out the tribes living in it so they could use that land for something else. I don't know a whole lot about Brazil's president, but apparently he was a businessman before being elected (hmmm, sounds kind of familiar...) and I definitely wouldn't put it past an ex-businessman made President to intentionally set fire to the rain forest, wanting to cultivate the land for big $$$$ instead.

Though either way, whether it was just an unfortunate act of nature or a conspiracy caused by a dirty government, it's sad to see this happening. I can't even imagine how many lives have been lost already -- both humans and animals.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 21st, 2019

(Aug 20th, 2019, 11:30 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Is Cheryl still the manager of produce? She normally doesn't like it when her department is screwed, so odd for her to accept that.

My work is really trying hard to have me kill someone. Discovered tonight that the deputy department manager lied to me about my vacation being denied. I will be putting that man's head on an icicle pike in the morning. Whistle
Oh she is, well rather leader than manager. It's Ian who I'm talking about as he's manager of Chilled, Meat and Produce. I know he's most likely following what higher ups tell him to do, try and solve it another way without having to recruit, but still it's stupid.

Why on Earth would that guy lie to an employee over booked holiday? Geez, hope you give what's coming to him. XD 

@Dragon Lord : That's OK. I don't check news often, but that would've been something I would've at least heard about if it had been broadcast already. That many days and nothing does look suspicious. Sounds devastating and a huge loss.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 21st, 2019

Yeah, the lack of coverage on the Amazon fires seems to be shocking a lot of people. Even I knew nothing of it and browse both Twitter and Reddit. Wasn't helped that it broke at a time close to the whole Spiderman debacle, which I brought up in the MCU thread.

@Mr EliteL: I got the day off, but I will be reporting the manager in question to HR if the store manager fails to deal with it in a manner I find appropriate. I expect they'll just tell him that was wrong to do and call it a day, which isn't enough.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 24th, 2019

Glad you got the day sorted.

Got this August bank holiday off without having to book it (I actually booked a May one just to be certain I'd get it off), so finally a three day weekend again, yay! Doing a walk tomorrow, hopefully. Suddenly the hot weather returns too. Not sure if that's good or not. If I get sunburned, then no. Oh wait, if I have poor sleep tonight or tomorrow night, also no. Glare

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 25th, 2019

So I popped a tire! That was awesome. And right at the end of my week of carting around my friends as we figure out what to do in the suburb i live in. Holy crap, it has been a long week for me.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 27th, 2019

What is it like when a tire pops while driving @Maniakkid25?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - queenzelda - Aug 27th, 2019

I know your asking Maniak, but we popped a tire before & it's not fun. You have to pull over; & change the tire or call your triple A person & get them to send out someone to change it out for you. For us it was our changing out ourselves, which takes sometime to do. Unless you know what your doing, but still it took about 20 minutes before we got back on the road.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 27th, 2019

Does it jerk the car or anything when it pops @queenzelda?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 27th, 2019

It didnt for me. It just sounded like i rolled over a large bump. Next thing I knew, the TPMS was beeping about low pressure, and I already knew I was about to have a bad night.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - queenzelda - Aug 27th, 2019

(Aug 27th, 2019, 12:49 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Does it jerk the car or anything when it pops @queenzelda?

No, not really. It just wobbled for a bit until we could pull over to someplace safe & change it. We have an older car so there was no check pressure alarm that went off when it happened; lol.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 28th, 2019

So I'm finally at that stage where my next college is imminent so now I'm looking at various colleges and putting in applications fee and there is one I'm interested but I can't remember it name I think it was the one that Nikki went too? (Moony may also being there now? )

I'd definitely like to add it to my potential candidates also I must say I'm not impressed with the University of North Florida's website it just soooo plainnnn....so I'm kinda alreayd ruling them out in my mind. >.>

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 28th, 2019

Shira went to DMAC, which I don't think exists anymore. I'm going to Broward North, and probably FAU after that.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 29th, 2019

Well DMAC merged into Lynn University (which is a proper university), but you're looking for your degree program? If it was in Character Animation, I'd strongly suggest UCF; they have an amazing program and I know people who were in and are currently in now. Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 29th, 2019

Of course I would get a ton of homework to do when I'm planning to go away and move house. I'm currently freaking out about how I'm supposed to read two books and do three chapters worth of algebra stuff. Errm
Although I'd only have one book if my sociology teacher wasn't utterly fucking worthless. I won't be shocked if I have to drop his class because I can't get a good grade from it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 29th, 2019

What, they can just drop homework on you over your break? Geez. Well, I suppose that can happen in these more modern times of easier contact with people. Did they give any hint there was going to be some, or is this kinda a standard thing to expect before next semester after summer/new year starts?

Hope you can find a place and get accepted soon, Yuri!