Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 3rd, 2020

(Feb 3rd, 2020, 04:27 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The Italian we had instead wasn't bad, though. Just wished we could've had that yummy Pho that was in our minds >.<
And now I have 2/3 of a 14" pizza to get rid of in the next three days or so, along with whatever ridiculous amount of ham your mother left us. Rolleyes

I think most of the impact will hit hardest in 2021, when whatever we are getting from the EU for the remainder of this year goes away completely. The freedom of movement through the EU will be notably tough, and I doubt any passports are going to be accepted after this year because they're EU passports, and no UK resident will be an EU member. Any vacation outside of the UK will now be like the US; it'll require a visa. On the bright side, it'll mean every passport will have visas built in just like US ones, so no more worrying about visa applications for non-EU countries.

I doubt Boris came up with this one himself, but whoever is behind the idea of forbidding the sale of all petrol and diesel vehicles 5 years from now should be commended. I just hope that there will be plans implemented for keeping electric vehicles charged by having plenty of stations made, although I wonder how it's going to work for people who live in streets without off-road parking. I just know some places will be filled with dickhead kids taking out the power cables on people's cars overnight so everyone has a dead car in the morning. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 8th, 2020

Man, whatever illness I have (insert Corona Virus joke here) is very persistent. I've had it since last Saturday and it's still going strong. Thankfully it's nothing too bad. Mostly just fever/headache/lots of mucus. It makes working a bit inconvenient due to the constant coughing, but at least I'm not throwing up all the time. Still, sticking around for a week and no signs of letting up yet. Thankfully I have tomorrow and Monday off, so I just need to get through my 2-10 tonight and then I have a good two days of rest coming.

But if I hear one more person say I have the Corona Virus I'm gonna snap. Like I get it, it's the meme of the month, but it stops being funny after the 50th joke.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 9th, 2020

[Image: 4] hOw'S tHaT cOrOnAvIrUs GoIn FoR yA? [Image: 4]

But seriously, you should probably see a doctor. Don't want it to progress into bronchitis or worse, pneumonia.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 9th, 2020

I'm currently without insurance, so I'm unable to go to the doctor for anything at the moment. The best I can do is rest up and hope it goes away on its own, otherwise I'll be suffering with it until I'm insured again.

I'm just hoping it's not a sinus infection. That would probably be the worst case scenario for me.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 9th, 2020

Yikes, hope you get better soon DL. You managed to get through your shift then, so time rest well.

I've had luck of feeling a cold coming on (bunged up nose, sore throat) then that backing off. Compared to my sister though who has to suffer coughing every night for the past week with her illness. Germs might be lingering for me to catch something soon though.

Very windy today which has prevented us from going to see family that requires us to cross the bridge at Dartford Crossing (closed for today). Just found out about Storm Ciara so must be from that. Up to 80 or 90mph wind, luckily where I am it's only 26-36mph.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 11th, 2020

(Feb 9th, 2020, 12:19 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
. . . otherwise I'll be suffering with it until I'm insured again.
You can't get insurance until the end of the year though right?

Since everyone has been feeling ill in some fashion, I was in that boat too over the weekend. Felt iffy Friday, worse Saturday, and by Sunday I felt like death warmed up until I took a nap. Something wasn't agreeing with my stomach and that in turn was making me sleep badly which didn't help.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 16th, 2020

So just out of curiosity, are there any plans on removing the Halloween aspects from the theme you used during Halloween and turning it on to be used normally? I briefly saw it when it was still active and it was a really great looking theme, loved the purple on it. It's a lovely theme and it'd be a huge shame to see it only make an appearance for a short amount of time during the year.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 17th, 2020

(Feb 16th, 2020, 11:25 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
So just out of curiosity, are there any plans on removing the Halloween aspects from the theme you used during Halloween and turning it on to be used normally? I briefly saw it when it was still active and it was a really great looking theme, loved the purple on it. It's a lovely theme and it'd be a huge shame to see it only make an appearance for a short amount of time during the year.
I've been meaning to put the theme out as an all year thing. I hadn't necessarily intended to remove the Halloween aspects (I was just going to slap it up as a thing in return for XP in the store) but I could do that if people would prefer.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 17th, 2020

I don't see anything wrong with keeping the Halloween aspects on it. I just figured you would want to remove them from the theme for normal use. I would just love to get to use the theme period, because it's not often I enjoy a dark theme more than a light theme, but that's one dark theme that would be an exception.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 23rd, 2020

Halloween all year round, that's the spirit! Grin

This weekend kinda sucks. My mom got rushed to the hospital Friday morning (major kidney stone blockage) and I'm having to take care of my other furbaby, Yoru, who lives with her. She's diabetic so she can't go long without insulin and food. I live a little farther away from my mom now since I moved so I have to stay over.

It's lonely here without my Moony Cry

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 23rd, 2020

(Feb 23rd, 2020, 12:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It's lonely here without my Moony Cry
You lasted months on end without my physical presence, I'm sure you could survive a weekend. Tongue

plz come home soon i miss u ;w;

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 24th, 2020

Ack, crap really?! Hope your mum has had the problem dealt with at the hospital and gets to return soon. Also so that you both can be reunited back at your own home too.

Got to visit family today, the people we didn't get to 2 weeks ago. They doing OK for mid 80 year olds can, but was good to see them.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 5th, 2020

I hope your feeling better by now Night Lord being sick isn't a very fun thing especially if something that stays with you.

Goes the same for your mom Nikki I hope she doing better!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 5th, 2020

(Mar 5th, 2020, 03:10 AM)Yuri Wrote:
Goes the same for your mom Nikki I hope she doing better!
She had a kidney stone but it was dealt with over that weekend. Wink

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 5th, 2020

Oh dude like last year I had classmates that apparently were dealing with kidneys stones in my ASL class...and I was like...I hope I never get one cause that sounds awful!

Poor NIkki's mom glad that she done with it now though. Smile