Universal Gaming
Weddings - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Weddings (/showthread.php?tid=231)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Weddings - lp0 on fire - Oct 24th, 2018

If you still need to get rid of the candy there are quite a few programs you can donate the candy to for US deployed troops,
Or it seems the Ronald McDonald Houses might take them, and possibly Meals on Wheels.

RE: Weddings - Chloe - Oct 24th, 2018

I'd take the candy & go door to door giving it out to neighbors myself if I lived in smancypants gated community like that. Tongue

(Oct 24th, 2018, 04:11 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Us having it is redundant too as we live in a gated community that has barely any kids.
Not yet anyway. Whistle Wink XD

(Oct 24th, 2018, 04:54 PM)chloe Wrote:
I'd take the candy & go door to door giving it out to neighbors myself if I lived in smancypants gated community like that. Tongue

(Oct 24th, 2018, 04:11 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Us having it is redundant too as we live in a gated community that has barely any kids.
Not yet anyway. Whistle Wink  XD

1) I'm sure they'd get fined by the HOA for something.
Stupid HOAs <_<

2) An army of Moonface spawns....*Shutters* Whistle

RE: Weddings - Chloe - Oct 24th, 2018

I'm sure there are other young couples there who've yet to have kids too. (; I hope I'll get married one day & if I do I want to get married in a smancypants church. XD

(Oct 24th, 2018, 08:07 PM)chloe Wrote:
I'm sure there are other young couples there who've yet to have kids too. (; I hope I'll get married one day & if I do I want to get married in a smancypants church. XD

Other then the fact that this is Florida, and they are known for a few things, Hurricanes, Lightning Capital of the US, old people, Florida man, Disney, old people, oranges, NASA, old people, The everglades, party schools/spring break, Scientology, nose candy , Oh and did I mention old people? Whistle Tongue. Heck my neighborhood is now mostly older people now, there is like one or two young families with kids, but tragically a few years back one of the kids died from cancer.

What type of smancypants church? Mormon? Old European style Catholic cathedral? Americana Mega Church? Whistle

RE: Weddings - Moonface - Oct 25th, 2018

(Oct 24th, 2018, 04:54 PM)GhostChloe Wrote:
I would if they weren't mostly old people who I expect won't want to risk their remaining teeth or pull their dentures out on something sticky. ROFL

@Chloe: While I know this is out of the realm of possibility for anyone who isn't utterly loaded with money, would the churches used for the royal weddings be the sort of fancy you'd be looking for? Of course there's others like those that don't need a second mortgage but they're the only examples I can think of that we'd both know of without looking it up. XD

RE: Weddings - Chloe - Oct 26th, 2018

No! Like.. Here for example is what I'm talking about. But the scratch to afford it? Aye, yey, yey.

RE: Weddings - lp0 on fire - Oct 26th, 2018

(Oct 26th, 2018, 07:42 AM)GhostChloe Wrote:
No! Like.. Here for example is what I'm talking about. But the scratch to afford it? Aye, yey, yey.

1.5k isn't as bad as what I was expecting. Although I find it odd that the church can seat up to a bit over 900(?!) but looks like the wedding is limited to 100.

But man that is an intimidatingly beautiful church.

RE: Weddings - Mr EliteL - Oct 26th, 2018

I wonder if there's been a wedding in a church like that, where guests would sit at the very back while the ceremony happened, with microphones or none at all, or whatever else for the heck of it. XD

RE: Weddings - ShiraNoMai - Oct 28th, 2018

(Oct 26th, 2018, 11:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I wonder if there's been a wedding in a church like that, where guests would sit at the very back while the ceremony happened, with microphones or none at all, or whatever else for the heck of it. XD

I imagine those movie scenes where a character is escaping something and finds themselves in a church in the back rows while the church is in service, and plot still happens while the churchgoers have no idea. XD

Our wedding was pretty fun. enough so that people want us to get renewed vows again next year. Don't have that kind of money, folks! But it was fun enough where if I did have that kind of money I might Whistle

RE: Weddings - fantanoice - Oct 30th, 2018

One of my besties is getting married in December. I'm a bridesmaid for that. She's not bridezilla so it's been mostly fine, just gotta meet up occasionally to try on the dress and do the hen's night thing.

Got another friend's wedding in New Zealand early next year. That will be exciting, I've never been to NZ before.

RE: Weddings - Amalthea - Dec 9th, 2018

I would have loved to do a Halloween/costume party kind of wedding. It's nothing original or new, but I think it's a neat concept and would be fun! My husband and I had ours in July though, fairly traditional and pretty small, nothing too extravagant or expensive since it was put together pretty quick. Still turned out nice though Smile

RE: Weddings - fantanoice - Dec 9th, 2018

I was bridesmaid for my friend's wedding today. So much work. I'm so tired. But it was very fun.

RE: Weddings - Moonface - Dec 14th, 2018

(Dec 9th, 2018, 11:23 AM)fantanoice Wrote:
I was bridesmaid for my friend's wedding today. So much work. I'm so tired. But it was very fun.
On the bright side, you won't need to do that particular wedding again so you can relax knowing it's over. Until you go to the one in NZ anyway. Tongue

RE: Weddings - macGamr - Dec 20th, 2018

Never a fan of the idea, although I was to go to my cousin's wedding years ago but, that soon caused a rift within the family Errm It's a long complicated story though. I knew others that are happily married though.