Universal Gaming
Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Spyro Reignited Trilogy (/showthread.php?tid=3)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Mr EliteL - Dec 14th, 2018

Can't believe (well OK, I can) what you guys are saying about the trilogy. I suppose I'm glad I didn't get the game on release, and left it for a bit. Now I don't want it anymore. Really wish more time was spent on it. Perhaps Spring 2019 or something. Makes me wonder what Crash Team Racing will be like now, if this just went wrong for some of Spyro 2 and most, if not all of Spyro 3. Eh

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Moonface - Dec 14th, 2018

I wouldn't say the trilogy isn't worth the money, but for the sake of not funding shitty practices like what Activision pulled with this I'd say wait a bit to get it cheaper or preowned.

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Dragon Lord - Dec 15th, 2018

The first game alone is worth the price of the trilogy, honestly. Like, it's amazing. It's just that the second game has such a huge dip in polish, and then the third game is just like, what were they even doing?

The worst part of the third game is the constant frame stuttering. It happens the entire game, not just certain parts. It didn't bother me a whole lot, but I imagine it could be a huge problem for people who have extreme motion sickness. It's something that should really be patched, but I have a feeling we won't see any fixes for any issues the third game has.

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - queenzelda - Dec 15th, 2018

I've actually seen the Spyro series on sale brand new for $29 & I'm just like nope, I'll get it when it hits $19.99 cause it's worth that much for the first game at least. Still, at $10 a game I'm kinda iffy on paying that much due to how shoddily the other parts of the trilogy were put together. Eh

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Mr EliteL - Dec 16th, 2018

Yeah, might consider waiting to see how much lower I can see the price go, depending on the seller. Saw the game on sale too, on Switch, for £29.99 today. Not yet anyway, will get for PS4 if I do.

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Moonface - Dec 18th, 2018

Given how this runs on a PS4, I'd be very wary how much worse the issues could be on a system that has less power by a considerable margin. However on the other hand, a Switch version would be coming later and may potentially see fixes and extra polish as a result. I doubt that'll happen but one can hope.

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - queenzelda - Dec 18th, 2018

(Dec 18th, 2018, 12:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Given how this runs on a PS4, I'd be very wary how much worse the issues could be on a system that has less power by a considerable margin. However on the other hand, a Switch version would be coming later and may potentially see fixes and extra polish as a result. I doubt that'll happen but one can hope.
Don't count on it. Both RiME & Little Dragon's Cafe released to the Switch & had PS4 versions that were superior to their Switch versions. If Activision actually does polish the Switch vers, I'd be very surprised.

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Moonface - Dec 19th, 2018

I think the only reason they'd make any fixes for it would be so that it manages to run on the system in the first place, or because they'll have to work on it to port it and will just make fixes while they're already working on it.

Aside from issues though, what did people think of the new soundtrack?

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Moonface - Mar 12th, 2019

Spyro Reignited Trilogy PS4 Patch 1.03 and XBO Patch 1.02 Notes
Activision has released notes for upcoming patches on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, which includes subtitle support and game breaking bug fixes.

SUBTITLES
  • Added subtitles in all languages (across all three games) for previously unsupported cinematics, including:
    • Character headers to identify active speakers
    • Succinct line splits for readability
    • Colored text for improved character association in most languages
  • Subtitle on/off toggle added under the Options menu
MOTION BLUR
  • Added an option to toggle motion blur on/off under the Options → Camera menu
BUG FIXES
  • Fixed progression and completion bugs impacting Wizard Peak, Hurricos, Fracture Fills, Lost Fleet, Fireworks Factory, and Charmed Ridge
  • Fixed camera bugs in Sgt. Byrd's Base and Dino Mines
  • Stability improvement fix in Spider Town
  • Additional misc. bug-fixes and improvements impacting Glimmer and Ripto's Arena

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Dragon Lord - Mar 12th, 2019

It's honestly pretty sad that it took them this long to add subtitles. Even sadder that they weren't in the game to begin with.

Also I wish that option to turn off motion blur was there from the start too. That was probably the most annoying thing about playing these games. The game was so ugly to look at a lot of times just because of that god damn motion blur.

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Moonface - Mar 12th, 2019

I expect the bug fixes are what took the most time, and they just decided to ship out the subtitles along with those. Even with the large amount of subtitles the game needed, there's no way those took up the large chunk of time between now and the initial release of the game.

I just hope the fixes apply to already broken save files. Those are the players who need the fixes the most.

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Moonface - Nov 29th, 2021

I wasn't sure where to post this but since it is a mod of this game, I guess here will be fine. A group of modders have been using the Reignited Trilogy to recreate Enter the Dragonfly, and they recently gave access to a YouTuber to show off the work they've done since they started over a year ago.

The work they've done is really impressive if you ask me, especially if you compare it to the video from a year ago of the project. I hope Activision doesn't throw a C&D their way so they can finish this, although I don't know how they'll do a lot of the challenge areas that will require things that can't be taken from the Reignited Trilogy. As much as EtD sucked, I always thought it was a game that had so much potential but was ruined by being rushed out the door for Christmas with 2/3's of the content cut and the remaining third being unpolished, and this mod makes me wish that EtD would be officially redone but with all the missing content created for it. Just change the villain to not be Ripto (or at least find a better way of bringing him back) and it would probably stand up fine alongside the original trilogy. Grin

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - ShiraNoMai - Nov 30th, 2021

Wow that's so cool! I'd love to play this honestly when they finish this mod. It looks brilliant so far. It would be in Activision's best interest to turn a blind eye to this because I think any more negative press on their end is just gonna lead to more lost profit LOL

Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly was my first Spyro so this holds a special place in my heart. Seeing it look as good as this is very cool. Grin

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Moonface - Dec 7th, 2021

I saw a lot of people commenting on that video that Activision doesn't go after mods of their games, but I know that every single Spyro fan game that was being made prior to the Reignited Trilogy got nuked by Activision. I'd like to think they'll leave this one alone for reasons you said plus how long this has been known about for, but the other Spyro mods I mentioned survived for a while before Activision went after them.

What I like most about this mod is that it isn't just a 1:1 remake of EtD and that little extra touches are being added like the dragon statues and the castle interior. I expect catching dragonflies will have to change though since bubble breath doesn't exist at all in Reignited, unless they're just going to retexture the fire breath and then have it trigger the catching animation when it makes contact. Thinking of it they're going to have to do that anyway for electric breath since that isn't in Reignited either. Ice breath is the only one that can be directly inserted without any extra work required.

RE: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Moonface - Jun 6th, 2022

I just came across this video of a mod that changes Autumn Plains into Winter Plains, and it's just so well put together that I have to share it! Wow

The 3:00 mark is my favourite section of the level. Grin