Universal Gaming
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Trailer Details - Moonface - Aug 7th, 2019

I forgot about Alolan Raichu and how it lacks an Alolan Pikachu/Pichu, etc. Although I wonder if the reason they didn't do an Alolan Pikachu was to not make any alterations to what is essentially the Pokemon mascot, even though an alternate form of it would likely just open the door to even more revenue and merchandising.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Trailer Details - Moonface - Aug 16th, 2019

Prepare for Battle in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
A new trailer for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield has revealed some new abilities, attacks, and items.

• Galarian Weezing has the ability Neutralizing Gas, which neutralises all other abilities regardless of what team the Pokémon are on (as seen when Rotom's ability Levitate is removed and causes it to dig to Australia).
  • Corviknight has the hidden ability Mirror Armour, which reflects stat affecting attacks.
  • The new held item Room Service lowers the Speed of Pokémon during a Trick Room.
  • Another new held item, Eject Pack, causes the Pokémon holding it to be switched out if their stats are lowered during a battle.
  • A new attack called Breaking Swipe will lower the attack stat of any opponent it hits.
  • Dynamax Power allows any moves that cause flinching to be shrugged off.
According to the official website, Hidden Abilities have a chance to be found on Pokémon caught in Max Raid battles, with the wording implying this may be the only way to get these abilities.

The official website has also been updated with a page about the Pokémon Battle Stadium, a feature for online battling. It will feature ranked battles, casual battles, tournaments, and the ability to rent teams of Pokémon from other trainers or rent your own team to others.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | Online Battling + New Trailer - queenzelda - Aug 18th, 2019

Idk, maybe it's just me but it kind of feels like the whole battling system seems overly complicated. Eh

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | Online Battling + New Trailer - Moonface - Aug 18th, 2019

(Aug 18th, 2019, 12:26 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Idk, maybe it's just me but it kind of feels like the whole battling system seems overly complicated. Eh
Do you mean in-game battles, or the way that ranked/casual/etc. works?

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | Online Battling + New Trailer - queenzelda - Aug 18th, 2019

The renting stuff. I know renting was done when playing in Pokemon Sun/Moon with the rental battle stadium. But now its all inclusive? Also, I can rent out my guys? Are they nuts? They're my guys. Lol

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | Online Battling + New Trailer - Kazan X. Lemuris - Aug 19th, 2019

It's not really complicated. It's basically just Pokémon Stadium with online functionality. I'd presume there's some bonus attached to having your team rented out x number of times, too. Not sure I dig the concept, but we'll see.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | Online Battling + New Trailer - Karo - Aug 23rd, 2019

Honestly I'm digging the new hold items they should make for some really interesting choices in competitive battle!

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | Online Battling + New Trailer - Moonface - Sep 7th, 2019

Cook Up Curry in Your New Camp!
A new trailer for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield from Wednesday's Nintendo Direct has confirmed camping as a feature, along with introducing new Pokémon and an all new Dex; the Curry Dex!

The new Pokémon are Cramorant (Flying/Water) and Polteaguist (Ghost). Alcremie also had a new flavour variant shown; however, there have now been 26 flavour variants of Alcremie confirmed thanks to other sources.

Camping is the successor feature to Pokémon Amie and Pokémon Refresh. You can have all six of your Pokémon out at once and interact with them. Your camp can be set up anywhere in the game, and other players can also come and hang out at your camp. Also, you can use different ingredients you collect around the Galar region to cook up curry in your camp! There's over 100 variants to create, and they can give your Pokémon boosts such as Friendship Increase, XP Boost, and Healing. Each curry you create will be added into the all new Curry Dex, a worthy addition to make up for the lack of a National Dex! Grin /s

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | Online Battling + New Trailer - queenzelda - Sep 8th, 2019

I'm just glad that I can change how my trainer looks to anyway I want;

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | Online Battling + New Trailer - Moonface - Sep 8th, 2019

Is this the first time you could change your haircut? I don't remember that being a thing before, but my mind is hazy on the matter.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | Online Battling + New Trailer - queenzelda - Sep 9th, 2019

Yep, you can change your hair cut in Pokemon X/Y series. I can't remember if you can do that in the Sun/Moon games, I doubt it since I don't remember coming across a hair cut place in either title. I'll have to look around. Tongue

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | Online Battling + New Trailer - Moonface - Sep 18th, 2019

Good Day To You, Sirfetch'd!
*sips tea* I say kind fellow, have you seen this lovely chap called Sirfetch'd? I hear it's an exclusive to Pokemon Sword, and what would you expect with it waving around that bloody huge sword of theirs.

What do you think of this new evolution? Does it make you think "cor blimey gov'nor" or "what a load of cobblers"? Tongue

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - Mr EliteL - Sep 18th, 2019

A new evolution, or an item/time/area type form, for a Pokémon from the original 151? Sweet. Actually looks quite good honestly. Although if a proper evolution, was expecting Farfetch'd to have grown a bit bigger. I suppose it was the leek it was carrying changing shape....perhaps that's really the Pokémon and not the bird/animal/wielder. XD *shot*

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - queenzelda - Sep 19th, 2019

What's funny is that the moment he was teased I called him 'sir farfetched' & looks like I was pretty close!! I think he looks cool.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - ShiraNoMai - Sep 21st, 2019

He's so proper yet absolutely smug and haughty as a mofo, I freakin' adore him XD