Universal Gaming
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (/showthread.php?tid=305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - Moonface - Oct 1st, 2019

Game Informer are covering this game for the month, and while nothing massively huge has come out in today's batch of news, it was confirmed that the games will feature auto-save for the first time. You can disable it and use manual saving if you prefer to do so, which will obviously be handy for legendary encounters and other tough challenges.

Exp. Share is also on at all times from the moment you boot up the game. From what I can tell, you can not disable it.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - queenzelda - Oct 1st, 2019

I find this bit of news interesting;

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - Moonface - Oct 1st, 2019

I wonder if there's going to be ways to change IV's and stuff too then. Otherwise changing nature would only get you so far in getting the perfect competitive Pokémon.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - King Atem - Oct 3rd, 2019

I was watching SpawnWave & he said that there's going to be 18 different gyms! Wtf?!

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - Moonface - Oct 3rd, 2019

Yeah, I've seen that going around. I would say maybe there's a gym per Pokémon type but I don't think there's 18 types off the top of my head.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - King Atem - Oct 4th, 2019

(Oct 3rd, 2019, 09:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yeah, I've seen that going around. I would say maybe there's a gym per Pokémon type but I don't think there's 18 types off the top of my head.

Actually, I can think of 18.. 1) Fire, 2) Grass, 3) Water, 4) Fighting, 5) Ghost, 6) Psychic, 7) Normal, 8) Steel, 9) Flying, 10) Ground, 11) Electric, 12) Ice, 13) Dragon, 14) Fairy, 15) Dark, 16) Poison, 17) Bug, & 18) Rock. 18 different types right there.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - Moonface - Oct 5th, 2019

Well it turns out Game Informer were, ironically, misinformed about the 18 gyms. There's just going to be more because each version will have exclusive ones, as we've already seen.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - Mr EliteL - Oct 5th, 2019

Good to hear there'll be more, even if it's including both minor/major and depending on versions. HeartGold/SoulSilver did have two regions, but with 16 gyms there was plenty to do. Although perhaps that will be seen as superior in the end? Eh, we'll see.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - ShiraNoMai - Oct 8th, 2019

I like the different gyms per version, a lot. Gives WAY more incentive to get both versions rather than the reason of "there's exclusive Pokemon!," that you can just get in a trade; the core single-player experience always stayed the same.

They also showed off a Galarian version of Ponyta on that needlessly long livestream of just a forest background.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - queenzelda - Oct 8th, 2019

More like Rapidash since it has the same sound they make; is essentially the same. Even so I bet it's fairy type. And I want it!

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - Moonface - Oct 8th, 2019

It has to be a fairy type in some regard, just from the appearance alone. They look like something that could be plucked from MLP. XD

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - aerodynamik - Oct 13th, 2019

Not sure what to think of the "new" Ponyta. But aside from that, I'm really looking forward to the game. Grin

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - Moonface - Oct 13th, 2019

Apparently it's actually a Psychic type, which at first I found odd but it's because in mythology a unicorn can defend against poison and Psychic type is defensive against that.

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - ShiraNoMai - Oct 14th, 2019

I never considered its Psychic typing from that specific mythological fact. I actually anticipated it being a Fairy/Fire type upon seeing it, but this is way more clever and cool Grin

RE: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield | New Sword Exclusive Pokemon - aerodynamik - Oct 14th, 2019

It still looks a bit weird though. Tongue But probably many new pokemons do and we'll get used to it. Tongue