Universal Gaming
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (/showthread.php?tid=343)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Moonface - Dec 4th, 2018

Is A Crash Team Racing Remake Coming at The Game Awards?
It looks like Activision is sending out teasers for a new game announcement for The Game Awards in the form of a pair of fuzzy orange dice:

Rumours have apparently been circulating this past week of a CTR remaster announcement at The Game Awards, and these dice wouldn't be out of place for teasing such a thing. The last time Activision sent out a teaser like this was the purple eggs prior to the Spyro Reignited Trilogy reveal.

Do you hope there will be a CTR remake reveal at The Game Awards? If you do, do you hope to see more than just the original game with a fresh coat of paint (except for obviously having an online mode)?

I won't be surprised to see this, given the success of N. Sane and the demand for this game. Online is an obvious must, but I feel like they should add in some more modes and tracks (even if later as DLC for the tracks) so that it has more to offer. Battle Mode for example should be given actual AI opponents, and while insignificant a mirror track option would be good to see too just for more options.

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Incoming? - Mr EliteL - Dec 4th, 2018

Yeah, the dice hints at something car or racing related, and being Activision, is CTR the only possibility or is there others? I don't doubt it though, as the Spyro trilogy as you say had a similar approach. Played CTR on demo many times as a kid, so a CTR remake would be great. As I never got the full game like the first Crash games, I'd be interested (although I still need to get back to N Sane, silly me). Online play is a must. Didn't know Battle Mode had no AI in the full game, so that also needs to be changed.

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Incoming? - Moonface - Dec 4th, 2018

I don't know what else it could be, and Activision are the only ones who have been taking this sort of approach to their reveals recently. I've seen no other guesses for what they're for and it would be a pretty poor marketing stunt if everyone thought it wasn't the game you want it to be about. XD

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Incoming? - Metallix - Dec 5th, 2018

Unlike the trilogy, Sony owns much more than publishing rights to CTR. They own the actual name and content of the game. I wonder what deal they struck with Activision for this?

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Incoming? - Moonface - Dec 5th, 2018

I don't think Sony will have more rights on this as while they published all Crash games from 1996 to 2000, Universal were the producers, even on CTR. Sony only retained rights to the publishing of the first five Crash games. So I think they won't have more rights to this than they did for N. Sane.

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Incoming? - Karo - Dec 5th, 2018

If we are seeing the return of Crash Tag Team racing that going to be pretty neat to see! I never actually ever got to try it before and I'd be interested in trying out. Hopefully the controls will be updated to a good standard!

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Incoming? - Moonface - Dec 7th, 2018

CTTR is different to Crash Team Racing. CTTR is probably the lowest the Crash racing games went, despite actually having a decent setting. As for the controls, CTR doesn't need much updating on that front. Naughty Dog did a good job nailing the physics back in the day and changing that is the reason why people remember CTR more fondly than CNK or CTTR.

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Incoming? - Moonface - Dec 7th, 2018

Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled Announced
During tonight's The Game Awards, the rumors were left in the dust as the remake for Crash Team Racing was announced, coming on June 21st, 2019.

As shown in the trailer, there will be new karts, and although not shown there will be new tracks as well.

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Announced - ShiraNoMai - Dec 7th, 2018

Have to admit, this was also very hype. Of course it was teased about so we had at least some kind of sneaking suspicion this whole time but it feels good to have it realized here. Having only played this once, I cant comment too much on specific aspects, but it damn sure looks good.

I'll take this as my alternative to what will never be another Diddy Kong Racing. ROFL

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Announced - Mr EliteL - Dec 7th, 2018

Glad this CTR remake has been revealed on last night, nice. Grin Looks good, and must to see the new karts and tracks, even if I've never played on all original tracks yet. XD Although I'll be fine waiting until release, but I suppose there'll another trailer showing a bit more.

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Announced - Moonface - Dec 7th, 2018

I'm super excited for the new tracks. Also, the game will be $40, but there is a $60 edition that gives you instant access to Nitrous Oxide. $20 just to get a character without needing to unlock them in game seems a bit much to me.

Also, this is currently the official box art for the game: https://imgur.com/a/19FkKSi#Y9bdKRZ

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Announced - Mr EliteL - Dec 8th, 2018

Not a bad cover I suppose. Nothing stands out for me though.
That much money for an extra character is something I'd definitely not pay for, especially if they're going to be unlockable. I hope that edition isn't only that. I'd probably only get the standard edition anyway.

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Announced - Moonface - Dec 9th, 2018

So far it seems you just get Oxide. $20 for a character is ridiculous, but if anyone is that lazy to buy it just for easy access then more fool them.

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Announced - Moonface - Jan 11th, 2019

The Crash Bandicoot Twitter page recently put out the first image of Cortex Castle for CTR:NF and oh my lawd does it look pretty!

[Image: Dwfds63WoAEuZRx.jpg:large]

I'm really looking forward to seeing Oxide Station now since that's one of my favourite stages. Grin

RE: Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Announced - Metallix - Jan 15th, 2019

That looks pretty great. I’m glad this is coming out but I really hope Activision just sticks to the remakes and doesn’t run this series into the ground again. I have no confidence in their teams to make anything in the caliber of the originals.