Universal Gaming
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! | Just call me Lady Queen - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Start Screen (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! | Just call me Lady Queen (/showthread.php?tid=37)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - lp0 on fire - Aug 2nd, 2018

(Aug 2nd, 2018, 04:21 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:
But, the penguin of doom sounds like such a sweetheart. I don't care if she's bi, but clearly she's had people be all judgy about her 'preferences'. But it is what it is, we peoples be all judgy.

Even this woman on youtube who talks about reasons not to have a tiny house says it; so it must be true.

So we went form a copypasta that is a satire of the culture of 13/14 year old internet [female] users in the early to mid 2000s to talking about small houses.....uhhhh...where am I?

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - queenzelda - Aug 2nd, 2018

(Aug 2nd, 2018, 04:30 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
So we went form a copypasta that is a satire of the culture of 13/14 year old internet [female] users in the early to mid 2000s to talking about small houses.....uhhhh...where am I?

(Also relevant, cause I love the 2 broke girls series. Tongue)

This is just how it is when I talk with friends or family about stuff, I tend to change the subject a lot. XD

So your house is a small house? Whistle

(Aug 2nd, 2018, 04:50 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Its not a tiny house, that's for sure. We have a 2 bed room, 1 bath house. 10ft high ceiling, a big kitchen & a living room my aunt said she'd have turned into a dining room. Me, not so much. Whistle

My mom likes the idea of tiny homes, but I don't think it'd be possible for her & my dad to do.

(Aug 2nd, 2018, 06:54 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:
(Aug 2nd, 2018, 04:50 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Its not a tiny house, that's for sure. We have a 2 bed room, 1 bath house. 10ft high ceiling, a big kitchen & a living room my aunt said she'd have turned into a dining room. Me, not so much. Whistle

My mom likes the idea of tiny homes, but I don't think it'd be possible for her & my dad to do.

Given the fact I mostly live in my room in theory I could do a tiny house, but at the same time not, like: I really want to set up a huge battle station for my computer work/stuff. Whistle

How did you come across Zetaboards?

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - King Atem - Aug 2nd, 2018

Do you think Nintendo will become a streaming service?

(Aug 2nd, 2018, 06:45 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Given the fact I mostly live in my room in theory I could do a tiny house, but at the same time not, like: I really want to set up a huge battle station for my computer work/stuff. Whistle
Ya could.. If you wanted to.. I mean it would be your house man. Just sayin Whistle

It was due to my joining one of Hotspot's forum before he eventually merged a lot of them into sukokyacross. I joined his forum because I was looking for a forum where some others were talking about Chrono Trigger. The discussion never lasts long, but it's got a huge place in my heart. It's due to my joining hsi forum that I discovered zetaboards because it's where he started his forum on. I saw a link at the bottom saying it was hosted for free by zetaboards & eventually, over time I tried it out & created my own forum. 5 years later... Tapatalk happened & here we are today, my without a zetaboards forum & running my own mybb site, life's kind of funny that way. I said my forum would never have a .com domain & it's still true. XD

(Aug 2nd, 2018, 07:17 PM)King Atem Wrote:
Do you think Nintendo will become a streaming service?
Pfft, no. Nintendo is too left field for that kind of crap impo.

(Aug 2nd, 2018, 11:27 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:
Ya could.. If you wanted to.. I mean it would be your house man. Just sayin Whistle

It was due to my joining one of Hotspot's forum before he eventually merged a lot of them into sukokyacross. I joined his forum because I was looking for a forum where some others were talking about Chrono Trigger. The discussion never lasts long, but it's got a huge place in my heart. It's due to my joining hsi forum that I discovered zetaboards because it's where he started his forum on. I saw a link at the bottom saying it was hosted for free by zetaboards & eventually, over time I tried it out & created my own forum. 5 years later... Tapatalk happened & here we are today, my without a zetaboards forum & running my own mybb site, life's kind of funny that way. I said my forum would never have a .com domain & it's still true. XD

There wouldn't be enough space for everything I want to do/projects/etc.
Also I would kind of like to have a rack server or two Whistle Those things are noisy as hell, ain't no way it would fit or be bareble in a tiny house.

So you got a .org/.net/.whatever? Tongue

Nope I took the domain the server I choose to go with gave me for free, .rf.gd. Thus no .com, .net/or etc. I suppose I'm oddish lke that.

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - King Atem - Aug 3rd, 2018

Do you think something close to zetaboards will ever come about again?

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - queenzelda - Aug 4th, 2018

(Aug 3rd, 2018, 09:03 PM)King Atem Wrote:
Well yea, with most everyone but a few hopping on board the jcink train & helping to code it I think that the 'spirit' of zetaboards will 'live on' in that fashion. But as for zetaboards software? Well...unless Brandon releases the script for it, it'll never happen. Though um someone could reverse engineer it if they used that tool in order to save their forum..which I did. So yea.. I could try reverse engineering it but, in the end I don't see a point when it's already owned by someone else who tossed it right out the window & embraced the garbage that is tapatalk. Meh

Besides, if it was so great, why did it never get an update? What was wrong with it? Is something to answer as well.

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - lp0 on fire - Aug 4th, 2018

(Aug 4th, 2018, 04:59 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:
(Aug 3rd, 2018, 09:03 PM)King Atem Wrote:
Well yea, with most everyone but a few hopping on board the jcink train & helping to code it I think that the 'spirit' of zetaboards will 'live on' in that fashion. But as for zetaboards software? Well...unless Brandon releases the script for it, it'll never hapoen. Though um someone could reverse engineer it if they used that tool in order to save their forum..which I did. So yea.. I could try reverse engineering it but, in the end I don't see a point when it's already owned by someone else who tossed it right out the window & embraced the garbage that is tapatalk. Meh

Besides, it it was so great, why did it never get an update? What was wrong with it? Is something to answer as well.

Oh Look something I can in some ways answers!
I can say that as a staffer since 2005 on the support board, what was "wrong" with ZB (and InvisionFree) was Brandon and no one that could actually hold him accountable, sure you had Seth, Stephen, Nicolas, maybe Brian when he was active. But none of them really could but his feet to the fire. I don't know if Brandon is/was lazy, lacked motivation, didn't care, or over promised and got in to a mental state of feeling overwhelmed/screwed, or if it was just a "its good enough" attitude.

Zetaboards (then called IF2) was being talked about by Brandon since before I joined the board in late 2004 (with IF starting sometime in 2002). Sure at first IF2 was assumed to be going to be based on IPB2.0 when it was released, but I vaugly recall even Brandon talking then about maybe doing it from scratch (in C++ of all things).

Zetaboards in some ways was doomed from the start in and its birth was in some ways prophetic, as Brandon just released it (I think it was the public beta site...or it was the first "finished" release and which also caused the split of ZB and IF support on differnt forums, but same staff...) He didn't tell the staff ahead of time, instead it was released to the public with the staff not knowing until after the fact. Kind of how TapATalk is treating their users.

Yeah sorry about the rant but this subject just makes me depressed.

It's fine. I also wanted to thank you for your input. Being just 5yrs on zetaboards its interesting to read about its history & to some extent the person who created it. Tbh, Brandon reminds me a lot of the admin who owns what is now a blogsite called nintendofuse though atmo of posting you don't see his name in any of the reviews or what not, just on the 'about' page: Mickey. He too ran a popular forum that was apart of the blog that was called wiifuse. But the parallel of Brandon/Mickey is just astonishing to me. They both have the whole family dynamic, both are uncommunicative with their staff (I should know I was admin for a long while), & neither posted (if hardly at all) outside the staff section. To be blunt they both have a disconnect from others on the forum & focus more on their needs/wants: if I maybe so bold.

Hehe, I once wrote up something like this before about Mickey calling him out on caring more about himself then the needs of those on his forum & basically summoned the co-admin (might as well call a spade a spade here) sirvenom to the forum were he posted a whole white knight defense about how Mickey was a good guy, he just is busy taking care of his family. Sounds kind of familiar doesn't it? Cause soon enough the forum went away & all that's left are my memories of it, the blog being center of what's always been important from the get go, & the bad taste in my mouth of loosing what was once a potentially good Nintendo forum site. Eh

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - lp0 on fire - Aug 4th, 2018

(Aug 4th, 2018, 04:51 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:
It's fine. I also wanted to thank you for your input. Being just 5yrs on zetaboards its interesting to read about its history & to some extent the person who created it. Tbh, Brandon reminds me a lot of the admin who owns what is now a blogsite called nintendofuse though atmo of posting you don't see his name in any of the reviews or what not, just on the 'about' page: Mickey. He too ran a popular forum that was apart of the blog that was called wiifuse. But the parallel of Brandon/Mickey is just astonishing to me.  They both have the whole family dynamic, both are uncommunicative with their staff (I should know I was admin for a long while), & neither posted (if hardly at all) outside the staff section. To be blunt they both have a disconnect from others on the forum & focus more on their needs/wants: if I maybe so bold.

Hehe, I once wrote up something like this before about Mickey calling him out on caring more about himself then the needs of those on his forum & basically summoned the co-admin (might as well call a spade a spade here) sirvenom to the forum were he posted a whole white knight defense about how Mickey was a good guy, he just is busy taking care of his family. Sounds kind of familiar doesn't it? Cause soon enough the forum went away & all that's left are my memories of it, the blog being center of what's always been important from the get go, & the bad taste in my mouth of loosing what was once a potentially good Nintendo forum site. Eh

Brandon's issues started before he got married and had children. Brandon started IF back in his late teens (I forget the exact age, it was either before or at 18). We begged Stephen to get a system admin and/or other dev staff long before he got married so that development and security of IF/ZB could go on and so he would have less on his shoulders. I spelled out some of what I can recall off hand in the post above and in an answer to your question in my topic. As I said before I am working on a project now trying to get as much history and culture of the support board preserved, as more is uncovered/I am reminded/remember more I will post more.

That's good to know. If you ever write up a wiki for it, be warned there's a zetaboards one with some drama from some random trolls talking about shiz. XD Any who, the whole thing about Mickey is that I didn't know him as well as sirvenom did. He knew the guy from before he stopped being active on the forum & even when he was active on the forum he still had this disconnect from how it felt to me. More like, 'the forum is just here for amusement & cause it's something I do on the side for funsies'. I have no idea when he started wiifuse as a forum, sirvenom would probably know that far better then I would, but I haven't seen him online in years. Even if he is online in some fashion I have no idea even where to begin looking for him. Eh

[/changing subject] I know this might sound odd.. But my gut keeps telling me to stay away from jcink. I still don't understand why yet, & it's the main reason I decided to go the self hosted route. My gut feelings have never been wrong & I hope in a way this time I am.. but I can't keep getting this weird vibe of 'you better not' when I was considering using jcink for my fan fiction forum. I instead decided to go with creating a forumotion account for it. I sort of had to since a lot of my members would turn my fan fiction idea's into role plays. Let's just say that it was always a thing & I stopped writing fan fiction on my forum for a long while due to it. I love my friends don't get me wrong, but it got kind of ridiculous after a while, thus why I made a separate forum for my fan fictions away from my forum.