Universal Gaming
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! | Just call me Lady Queen - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Start Screen (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! | Just call me Lady Queen (/showthread.php?tid=37)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - Chloe - Aug 17th, 2018

Wow, you sound totally passionate about this tv series. How long was it on for??

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - lp0 on fire - Aug 17th, 2018

(Aug 17th, 2018, 02:03 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Aug 17th, 2018, 01:50 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
...what the hell?!

Why blow up a museum? Why not gov't cut funding? Whistle
Now you understand how the fans feel. XD Also it ended cause it's how the writers wanted to end it. Here's a snippet of what I found online;

In the two-episode swan song — Bones ended with the lab being blown to smithereens by Booth’s vengeance-seeking nemesis Mark Kovac. Pretty much all of the show’s series regulars were inside the Jeffersonian when the bombs (yes, there were multiple devices) detonated, including Booth, Brennan and parents-to-be Angela and Hodgins.

The explosion came at the conclusion of a time-twisty installment that centered on two key events: Cam and Arastoo’s very well attended wedding reception and Zach’s mini-trial and subsequent exoneration (the ex-squintern will nonetheless have to serve out the final 13 months of his sentence).
https://tvline.com/2017/03/21/bones-recap-finale-part-1-lab-explosion-deaths-season-12/

Also the whole thing with Zack was a waste of effing time impo, more so because the Judge in the show decided to just allow Zack to finish out his 12 month sentence, making it kind of pointless adding it in to begin with is how I feel. <_<
....wait...wa....wat.....

That ending is so messy it doesn't sound like the writers wanted to end it, it sounds more like they were forced to end it, then out of spite did that.

Why did Zach have a mini trial so late in the series?! I am pretty sure he was arrested early on?!
From what I see he was committed to a mental asylum...so he shouldn't even have a "sentence" time but a "held until deemed to be safe"....AHHHH.

What new hell did you put me in!? Tongue

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - queenzelda - Aug 17th, 2018

(Aug 17th, 2018, 02:07 AM)chloe Wrote:
Wow, you sound totally passionate about this tv series. How long was it on for??
For about 10 seasons. So for about 10 yrs, give or take.

(Aug 17th, 2018, 02:32 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
....wait...wa....wat.....

That ending is so messy it doesn't sound like the writers wanted to end it, it sounds more like they were forced to end it, then out of spite did that.

Why did Zach have a mini trial so late in the series?! I am pretty sure he was arrested early on?! From what I see he was committed to a mental asylum...so he shouldn't even have a "sentence" time but a "held until deemed to be safe"....AHHHH.

What new hell did you put me in!? Tongue
The very same hell that the writers left the fans in at the end of the series. I swear to god there's only been one series ending that I've liked & the new reebooted series already's done 'fucked it up' as AngryJoe would put it. *facepalm*

Quantum Leap's ending: Dr. Sam Beckett ends up leaping for eternity. (Wtff!)

Deep Space Nine: Capt Ben Sisko ends up living with the space hole aliens after saving everyone from Gul Dukat. (*facepalm*)

Sliders: The group finally makes their way back to the Earth of the universe they originally left from but the main character's girl friend can't breathe the air so they have to now find a universe of an Earth where they can all live on. Oh wait, did I mention that at the end of the series they're being chased through universes by weird Earth aliens trying to stop them? Yea, the series ends with them being chased, never finding a home. (<_<)

Dinosaurs (Jim Henson's tv show): The end has it to where they all starve to death due to some sort of global fall out. Depressing much? Yea.

And the above is just the tip of the iceburg. The series where I liked the ending was Sailor Moon's manga ending. The animated ending for the original was cute, but the reboot? Don't get me started on that dumpster fire.

At lease Dinosaurs ending makes sense.

So whats your lease favorite tv show I guess?

(Aug 17th, 2018, 04:45 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Cause dinosaurs can cause global warming themselves? Yea, sure. I'll buy that for a dollar. [/not] xp

Anything live action, cause omg I've been done with 'live tv' since it started sometime back in the early 90's or whenever that crap started. I also have a love hate relationship with 'Cheers', sometimes I like it & other times I hate it. Same with 'How I Met Your Mother' I like it when it's on tv & has breaks in between, but if I try to binge watch it I can't stand it cause the show is just too mean spirited otherwise impo.

(Aug 17th, 2018, 06:32 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Aug 17th, 2018, 04:45 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Cause dinosaurs can cause global warming themselves? Yea, sure. I'll buy that for a dollar. [/not] xp

Anything live action, cause omg I've been done with 'live tv' since it started sometime back in the early 90's or whenever that crap started. I also have a love hate relationship with 'Cheers', sometimes I like it & other times I hate it. Same with 'How I Met Your Mother' I like it when it's on tv & has breaks in between, but if I try to binge watch it I can't stand it cause the show is just too mean spirited otherwise impo.

Well you had Dinosaurs living in a post industrial society so.... Whistle

Favorite Disney villain?

(Aug 17th, 2018, 02:26 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Well you had Dinosaurs living in a post industrial society so.... Whistle

Favorite Disney villain?
Maybe so, but I like to pretend that the show, Dinosaur Train is the result of some highly intelligent Troodon's using the Dinosaur train which has the technology to go back & forth in time, that they go back & save the dinosaur species to become what is seen in the show. Tongue

Scar. "My teeth and ambitions are bared, BE PREPARED!" Mwahahahahahahaha.

Thats my number 2 Tongue

What is your favorit flavor of ice creams?

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - queenzelda - Aug 18th, 2018

(Aug 17th, 2018, 11:17 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Thats my number 2 Tongue

What is your favorite flavor of ice creams?
Somehow I peg you as a Claude Frollo fan due to how many memes there are of him on youtube. Tongue

Chocolate, death by chocolate, mint chocolate chip, strawberry, cookies & cream & if I'm in the mood for it peanut butter. <3

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - lp0 on fire - Aug 18th, 2018

(Aug 18th, 2018, 01:26 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Aug 17th, 2018, 11:17 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Thats my number 2 Tongue

What is your favorite flavor of ice creams?
Somehow I peg you as a Claude Frollo fan due to how many memes there are of him on youtube. Tongue

Chocolate, death by chocolate, mint chocolate chip, strawberry, cookies & cream & if I'm in the mood for it peanut butter. <3

Well yeah, "Hellfire" is my favorite Disney villain song.

He was one of the few if not only Disney villains who didn't realize he was evil/evil for the sake of evilness at the time. He thought he was doing good.
The duality of faith and of Frollo. It explores things normally not in Disney songs, form faith and faithfulness, sexual lust and desire, the duality of a character, and his struggle of faith. Even "Be prepared" which honestly I enjoy a ton and find more catchy, doesn't explore much other then seeking revenge/to claim the crown.

If we look at the Latin in the song it comes from the Roman Missal a traditional Roman Catholic call and response prayer called "Confiteor" ("I confess").
The opening lines are from the holy men chanting a modified start to Confiteor:
Quote:Confiteor Deo Omnipotenti (I confess to God almighty)
Beatae Mariae semper Virgini (To blessed Mary ever Virgin)
Beato Michaeli archangelo (To the blessed archangel Michael)
Sanctis apostolis omnibus sanctis (To the holy apostles, to all the saints)

Then we go to Froto singing:
Quote:Beata Maria
You know I am a righteous man
Of my virtue I am justly proud

A devote man of God such as Froto would know that pride is one of the 7 deadly sins to Catholics. Yet this man who seeks God's favor in keeping Paris "pure" in his arrogance says he is justly proud. In fact committing a historical sin of the church called "vanagloria" (vainglory) which is "unjustified boasting" But I might misplaced this in this rant as one of the two main (that I know of) major catholic philosophers that played a huge roll in the shaping the Church St. Thomas Aquinas called vanagloria as the precursor to envy which we will cover later.

The prayer form the holy men continue and Froto starts to sing about his lust and envy for Esmeralda, which for a Disney song is interesting as they rarely if ever go in to such topics in such a prima facie way at lease when it comes to sex and lust.

Then we get to this part: (English not in () is Froto lantin with (english) translation as before, is the holy men only now displayed as figments Froto's conscious
Quote:It's not my fault

Mea culpa (Through my fault)

I'm not to blame

It is the gypsy girl
The witch who sent this flame

Mea maxima culpa (Through my most grievous fault)

It's not my fault

If in God's plan

He made the devil so much
Stronger than a man

Mea maxima culpa (Through my most grievous fault)

As we can see here, Froto is denying that he is at fault for his sins, yet the catholic doctrine as presented in this prayer is that "thought my fault/thought my most grievous fault".

He calls for Mary (Maria is Mary in Latin) to protect him from the lust or to make the lust "right" by marrying her.

There is also the interruption where he declares he will find her even if he has to burn to all of Paris. This can be seen in a few ways, Froto wants to use "purifying fire" across Paris to kill the sin that Esmeralda represents to him, and burn anywhere she might be able to hide, as his only self confessed sin is damning him to Hell (be it a methodical or actual biblical Hell to Froto I can not say) he wants to take Paris with him (these two could be seen as the Sin of Wrath, another one of the 7 deadly sins).

It should be noted though his desire for Esmeralda to choose him or her pyre can also be seen as Wrath. As such Froto is guilty of the all three catagorys of the 7 sings, Lustful appetite (which includes lust), mind corruption (pride), and irascibility (wrath).

Now we have the ending where the holy men, and Froto calls for God's mercy, and for one of the few times Froto seems to actually realize he is in the wrong by how he stresses "God have mercy on me" but then he is right back calling for Her to be his or for her to burn, showing that self reflection only happened for that second to no results.

I think I just spent an hour on this.....why?!

So uh hows the weather?

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - queenzelda - Aug 19th, 2018

(Aug 18th, 2018, 03:18 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Prolly because you're passionate about the character & you wanted to explain why he's the perfect villain in your eyes. Where as for me, he's overly complicated. I mean it had to be explained to me by someone over the internet just how evil that character was & honestly I never really understood him to begin with. Until now. With Scar, his needs are simple to understand, he wants to be king. With Frollo his needs are further reaching then just wanting to be with a woman cause she's crazy sexy & he's lusting after her. I mean she's not even interested cause she's in love with the Captain of his gaurd(?), that & Frollo is way too old for Esmerelda. I mean, um, pedifillia much? ^^"

For me Scar is perfection because he's a simple villain, with a simple want. He wants to be king. But when your see him in the days before he betrays his brother & nephew you see him hanging out with Simba & Simba says to him; "Uncle Scar your so weird." And Scar just laughs & says; 'You have no idea." Right in that moment, that could be me. My nephew says; "Aunt Queen, your so weird." And I just laugh & say with a grin; "You have no idea." I mean, right there.. THATS ME. But, unlike Scar I dun wanna be Queen of nothin. Tongue

PM Wrote:
So uh hows the weather?
It's been like wet for a good week, full of rain. But today was actually nice & dry. LOVE IT!

Btw: I also just purchased Prince's new anthology that dropped yesturday on google plus, itunes, etc & I"m loving it. ♡♡♡

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - lp0 on fire - Aug 19th, 2018

(Aug 19th, 2018, 05:43 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Aug 18th, 2018, 03:18 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Prolly because you're passionate about the character & you wanted to explain why he's the perfect villain in your eyes. Where as for me, he's overly complicated. I mean it had to be explained to me by someone over the internet just how evil that character was & honestly I never really understood him to begin with. Until now. With Scar, his needs are simple to understand, he wants to be king. With Frollo his needs are further reaching then just wanting to be with a woman cause she's crazy sexy & he's lusting after her. I mean she's not even interested cause she's in love with the Captain of his gaurd(?), that & Frollo is way too old for Esmerelda. I mean, um, pedifillia much? ^^"

For me Scar is perfection because he's a simple villain, with a simple want. He wants to be king. But when your see him in the days before he betrays his brother & nephew you see him hanging out with Simba & Simba says to him; "Uncle Scar your so weird." And Scar just laughs & says; 'You have no idea." Right in that moment, that could be me. My nephew says; "Aunt Queen, your so weird." And I just laugh & say with a grin; "You have no idea." I mean, right there.. THATS ME. But, unlike Scar I dun wanna be Queen of nothin. Tongue

PM Wrote:
So uh hows the weather?
It's been like wet for a good week, full of rain. But today was actually nice & dry. LOVE IT!

Btw: I also just purchased Prince's new anthology that dropped yesturday on google plus, itunes, etc & I"m loving it. ♡♡♡

funny thing is...I don't even like Hunchback that much... Tongue

What is your favorite drink?

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - queenzelda - Aug 20th, 2018

(Aug 19th, 2018, 02:36 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Hehe, I can basically quote the Lion King verbatim. xp

Coke'a Cola. :3

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - lp0 on fire - Aug 20th, 2018

(Aug 20th, 2018, 03:55 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Aug 19th, 2018, 02:36 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Hehe, I can basically quote the Lion King verbatim. xp

Coke'a Cola. :3

In high school, i was in choir. We had no more shows left for the year so that means nothing to practice and the entire class was just down time. Our director decided it would be a great idea to 1) Watch Lion King 1.5....and give the remote to one of the kids...spent the entire class + extra time listening to one DAMN SONG.....

Even 11 years later this song is unwillingly engraned in to my head

So what is your lease favorite drink?

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - queenzelda - Aug 20th, 2018

"Dig a tunna', quick before the hyena come." Oh come on, it's a classic. xp
(Aug 20th, 2018, 04:31 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
So what is your lease favorite drink?
Dr. Pepper cause impo, it tastes like fly spray. BLEH.