Universal Gaming
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! | Just call me Lady Queen - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Start Screen (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! | Just call me Lady Queen (/showthread.php?tid=37)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - lp0 on fire - Aug 24th, 2018

Looks like them Duke boys gone found some trouble again.

What is the weirdest thing you ever saw in person?

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - queenzelda - Aug 25th, 2018

(Aug 24th, 2018, 10:50 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

My face after I've eaten something with MSG in it. I swell pretty badly, to the point it almost closes my throat so when my face swells I feel like I look like a weird kind of alien. I had a pizza delivered from a place I know doesn't use MSG in their dough & he asked me why them. I told him cause I can't have Pizza Hut, they put MSG in their food & so I can't eat it. Seeing the look of shock on his face, was kinda weird. My guess is my problems with MSG aren't that prevalent in most people. But it is what it is.

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - King Atem - Aug 25th, 2018

(Aug 24th, 2018, 10:27 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
How long did it take you to catch all of the fish anyway?? (Since Nov, 8 2012??)

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - lp0 on fire - Aug 25th, 2018

(Aug 25th, 2018, 12:54 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Aug 24th, 2018, 10:50 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

My face after I've eaten something with MSG in it. I swell pretty badly, to the point it almost closes my throat so when my face swells I feel like I look like a weird kind of alien. I had a pizza delivered from a place I know doesn't use MSG in their dough & he asked me why them. I told him cause I can't have Pizza Hut, they put MSG in their food & so I can't eat it. Seeing the look of shock on his face, was kinda weird. My guess is my problems with MSG aren't that prevalent in most people. But it is what it is.

Given the bad science/medicine that MSG "allergies" are often advertised by (e.g. the crack pot chiropractors who have sunday morning radio shows peddling shit) and the highly disputed in medicine of an allergy/"sensitivity"
The people peddling the MSG fear also tend to be the same ones saying "wifi is killing you" "wireless gives me headachs" (which actually has been debunked a few times), etc.

With that much of a reaction you have I would suggest you get an allergy test from a qualified medical professional to find out what is really triggering it (if you have not already).

MSG can/maybe be found in things in the past you said you consume so something else might be going on, or its an issue of dosage.

Any good ghosts stories you know/experienced/what ever? Tongue

Hehe, you sound like my friend. But the thing is that each time I had a reaction it'd always be after I ate something with MSG in it & yes I did get it looked at. The doctor said the same thing, it's an MSG allergy. There are reported cases of people like me who do react that way with msg it's just not reported because of course no buddy wants to scare people away from eating it when it's cheap to produce & easy to use. I agree with my husband when he calls it 'chemical rubbish' because it is. I also know this is true because every time prior to my "MSG intolerance" as they call it, I'd swell then too. My mom has it just as bad, if not worse too. Also, it is a thing. There was such as thing as Chinese restaurant syndrome. It's not all in my head, trust me my swelling isn't in my head because I want it to be. Also, I doubt it's dosage cause if I had one curly fry (which I know has msg on it) & I swell up anyway.

Also MSG is in everything. Seasoned chips, some spices, some seasoned bread crumbs, etc. It's insidious.

Oh yea, tons but I don't want to bore you with my ghost stories. Besides there isn't a blog where I could post that stuff at here anyway. I'd have to post it on your forum & trust me I have a lot. Tongue XD

(Aug 25th, 2018, 01:35 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Hehe, you sound like my friend. But the thing is that each time I had a reaction it'd always be after I ate something with MSG in it & yes I did get it looked at. The doctor said the same thing, it's an MSG allergy. There are reported cases of people like me who do react that way with msg it's just not reported because of course no buddy wants to scare people away from eating it when it's cheap to produce & easy to use. I agree with my husband when he calls it 'chemical rubbish' because it is. I also know this is true because every time prior to my "MSG intolerance" as they call it, I'd swell then too. My mom has it just as bad, if not worse too. Also, it is a thing. There was such as thing as Chinese restaurant syndrome.  It's not all in my head, trust me my swelling isn't in my head because I want it to be. Also, I doubt it's dosage cause if I had one curly fry (which I know has msg on it) & I swell up anyway.

Also MSG is in everything. Seasoned chips, some spices, some seasoned bread crumbs, etc. It's insidious.

Oh yea, tons but I don't want to bore you with my ghost stories. Besides there isn't a blog where I could post that stuff at here anyway. I'd have to post it on your forum & trust me I have a lot. Tongue XD

I wasn't saying "Its in your head", but given how msg is in a bunch of stuff, even naturally (celery, corn, seaweed, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and a bunch of other things including things used to brew wine and hard cider), which is why I suggested getting an allergy test if its just pizza hut vs another brand.

What you describe (Swelling of the face and throat "to almost the point of closure") is more of a sign of an allergy (e.g. shellfish, peanut) then an "intolerance" (e.g. lactose intolerance) Which is also why I am saying you should need to get an allergy test, because what you described are potentially life threatening reactions to something.

Then why not post the stories at my forum? Tongue

Do you know any other languages?

MSG maybe happening in "food" naturally, but the msg that's added to food is made in a laboratory. They're two different kinds of things. Also, I suppose I'll have to see if there's an allergist in our Health Care plan. Though, I was diagnosed with 'sensitivity' by my primary care doc when I came in swollen one day, but like you said she wasn't an allergist. So there's that. I do have allergy pills I take which helps though.

Um.....but.. Aaron, I don't even know Helena, Tony, or Sani. They're strangers. I mean they seem nice, but... people can also be judgy. Still, I'll think on it.

Yea a bit of Japanese & a bunch of Klingon. XD

(Aug 25th, 2018, 01:20 AM)King Atem Wrote:
How long did it take you to catch all of the fish anyway?? (Since Nov, 8 2012??)
Yea, well I'd be in & out of playing since a lot of my friends stopped playing over time. With Animal Crossing, it's always popular for a few month's until the next flavor of online games came out the next month though. Like it use to be; Animal Crossing, then Brawl, & Mario Kart, or Mario Party. So people would eventually move away from New Leaf & play other online games. I of course kept playing, also catching a lot of those fish requires you to be out at a certain time & under certain conditions, so it's kind of a pain. I'm just glad all I have left are the bugs & paintings/sculptures left to get for my museum tbh.

<chemistry rant>
C5H8NO4Na  is C5H8NO4Na  is C5H8NO4Na
Much like H2O is H2O is H2O and CO is CO is CO

it doesn't matter if it was naturally produced via the water cycle or via electric currents, or via chemical reactions. MSG, Water, and Carbon Monoxide all will deliver the same results regardless of source/creation. Impurities in the mixture [natural or not] of it (e.g. pink Himalayan salt[NaCl]) might cause issues or not, depending on dosage. People like to say this salt Himalayan Salk has extra things that you need and that "every little bit counts" but the items they are talking about are at such a trace amount it won't matter, also in these trace amounts include uranium and other radioactive elements under this "every little bit helps" would also include the "every little bit harms" but again the amounts are so small you won't get radiation poisoning or cancer form it.

Some man made mixtures/chemicals are even good! Table salt treated with iodine is a great benefit to humanity, iodine deficiency was a huge issue in the US and across the world before some one said "Hey lets mix table salt with iodine" it was a massive success and raised the average IQ in the US.

As much as I have been enjoying Good Mythical Morning the fact when they eat things that should not be eaten they say "It's okay its all natural so its safe to eat", natural does not mean safe, hemlock and arsenic natural and it kills you if eaten... </chemistry rant>

MSG is associated with "Intolerance" and Chinese Restaurant Syndrome yes, but even if it is real (again heavily disputed at best), the reactions displayed/reported were mostly headaches.

Swelling is "oh shit something is wrong" its either from trauma or an auto-immune response (e.g. illness, allegories, or trauma). Source: From my limited first aid knowledge.

Favorite Star Trek captain?

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - Chloe - Aug 25th, 2018

queenzelda could have a yet to be diagnosed case of celiac disease. My other aunt, on my mom's side has it & she's sensitive with certain kinds of foods too. :]

Favorite Life is Strange character who isn't Chloe or Max? Wink

(Aug 25th, 2018, 08:46 AM)chloe Wrote:
queenzelda could have a yet to be diagnosed case of celiac disease. My other aunt, on my mom's side has it & she's sensitive with certain kinds of foods too. :]

Favorite Life is Strange character who isn't Chloe or Max? Wink

Celiac is most commonly(or exclusively) associated with gluten, and in the lower intestines. QueenZelda's complaint is MSG and with Facial and throat swelling (which is serious) . The fact that "Brand x of pizza causes issues but brand y doesn't" with no indication that a so called "gluten free" crust (because lets face it there will be cross contamination most likely, and pizza dough would have gluten in it), was used points to something else then a so called gluten "intolerance" (celiac is an auto immune disorder that causes inflammation in the small intestines vs lactose intolerance which is the inability to digest lactose).

That being said I had a very close friend who either has Chrones or Celiac (never could afford to get it diagnosed), I know how shitty they can be.

Fun fact: Glutinous rice (aka sticky rice) despite its name contains no gluten.

</way off topic>

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - queenzelda - Aug 26th, 2018

Let's just say that we agree to disagree, I'll see about seeing my mom's allergist asap & move on.

Anywho..Fav Star Trek captain? I'd have to say Benjamin Sisko, cause he beat the snot out of Q. Hehe.

Favorite LiS character who isn't Max or Chloe? I'd have go give that spot to Joyce, Chloe's mom. She's that awesome. ^^

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - lp0 on fire - Aug 26th, 2018

That is like the first "positive" thing I ever heard about DS9, then again STD is lowering the bar from what I have heard from Trekkies. Whistle

Least favorite captain in Star Trek?

Christopher Pike, cause why bother with him when Kirk's so much better. LOL

RE: Just call me Lady Queen - lp0 on fire - Aug 26th, 2018

Favorite US president? Whistle

(Aug 26th, 2018, 02:53 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Favorite US president? Whistle
They call him "the great emancipator" & our 16th President Abraham Lincoln. He was a KY boy, & helped to free the slaves. There are a few books about his life I've been wanting to read, talking about the kind of person he was & I would really like to read them when I'm done with the few I'm reading now. I've already read some stuff about him in articles, & that online.

I am also super into Amelia Earhart, & am thrilled to know her bones were found after she's been missing for such a long time: Amelia Earhart: Island bones 'likely' belonged to famed pilot.

And anything to do with ancient Egypt. I've been fascinated by Cleopatra since reading about her, more so since her body's never been found. I think that in her time, magic might have been real & she used it to get away. The story of a snake biting her & killing her is just a distraction from the truth. Or it could be a lot of hooey either way & the Roman's ended up offing her for all we know. LOL