Universal Gaming
Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie Series) | Sonic 3 Logo Reveal - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie Series) | Sonic 3 Logo Reveal (/showthread.php?tid=378)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - ShiraNoMai - Dec 14th, 2021

Knuckles feels prime to fit in with his "CAN U SHOW ME DA WEI?" meme personality but acts like real Knuckles, it's very strange to me right now. XD Waiting to see full performance to make a full judgement but I'm really looking forward to seeing this

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Moonface - Dec 18th, 2021

Instant watch from me unless it somehow gets annihilated in reviews. I had to keep reminding myself while watching the trailer that any of the humour that feels corny or awkward will be infinitely better in the context of the full movie, since the trailer for the first movie felt really cringe with the humour but none of it felt that way when I watched the full movie.

I expect the third movie will be when Shadow turns up, but I know he also turns on Eggman so it might run the risk of feeling like a duplicate of this movie (with something working under Eggman and then defecting).

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Moonface - Feb 15th, 2022

So the second movie isn't even out yet and Sega are already working on the third one:

I wouldn't be surprised if this one introduces Shadow, but I also say that because I don't really know any other prominent villains in the Sonic franchise that would fit into a movie.

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Mr EliteL - Feb 18th, 2022

Just please no cinematic universe with Sonic, a trilogy will be ideal but if they're already looking at the third it seems like they'll go with more. Hope they're not getting ahead of themselves just because of the success but these days, whatever's successful gets milked to no end. Yes people are excited for the second film, and there's Frontiers coming but just ease off jumping the gun. Having the good partnership with Paramount I can feel the fourth coming too in the future though. *sigh*

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Moonface - Feb 19th, 2022

I don't think it'll be bad to have more than three movies so long as they don't become repetitive like a lot of movies do after their third or fourth. I think I'd get worried if the director changes because I'd see it as a sign he didn't have any more ideas for a good plot but Sega want to keep making more so just toss whoever onto it.

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Moonface - Mar 15th, 2022

New trailer and a new poster for the sequel dropped! I love that the new poster is a recreation of the Sonic 2 game box art. Wow

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - ShiraNoMai - Mar 16th, 2022

That poster is sick. I really like the marketing they're doing for these films. They know their audiences' taste pretty well and it shows.

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Mr EliteL - Mar 17th, 2022

I don't want to watch the second trailer, I saw enough in the first one so don't want to see any potential scene spoilers so when I get watch this 2nd movie, I can avoid just going "oh it's that part of the trailer...yay". The poster though is sweet, yes. Also took a little while to notice where Knuckles is, nice and subtle. XD

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Moonface - May 2nd, 2022

So I saw this last night and it was so good! Jim Carrey nails Robotnik so well in this one with having turned maniacal, and Tails and Knuckles are both done justice by their VA's. I think there's one scene in the middle that screws with the momentum a bit, and I question if it would have even made sense for what sets up that scene if Sonic just never needed to turn up there. The ending scene after the credits was super hype though. Wow

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - ShiraNoMai - May 3rd, 2022

I think even further than that, they felt really compelled to close up any loose ends they had with any of the human characters, to the point it felt like a completely different movie if taken out of context.

Other than that, it was a solid movie indeed. Jim Carrey really sells this movie well in every scene he's in, and I just loved all the hints and nods to the games at any possible subcontext they could possibly utilize. Mean Bean cafe had me giggle LOL

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Moonface - May 3rd, 2022

(May 3rd, 2022, 05:51 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I think even further than that, they felt really compelled to close up any loose ends they had with any of the human characters, to the point it felt like a completely different movie if taken out of context.

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Moonface - Aug 9th, 2022

Sonic 3 will officially be a Christmas movie I guess? Tongue

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Mr EliteL - Aug 10th, 2022

For all the time I first came across the news, I thought it was for this Christmas, which dang that'd be insane. But geez, announcing it so early? S'pose it's good to know, I need to get to watching the other two properly before then.

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Moonface - Aug 13th, 2022

(Aug 10th, 2022, 03:39 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
For all the time I first came across the news, I thought it was for this Christmas, which dang that'd be insane. But geez, announcing it so early?  S'pose it's good to know, I need to get to watching the other two properly before then.
The announcement of the movie itself doesn't surprise me, since I think it had already been shared that a third movie was happening and the second ends on a note that clearly sets up a third movie, so this announcement was mostly just for the date.

I kinda hope this will be the last one just so it doesn't end up with interest in the movies falling off or the quality starting to suffer. Too many good franchises can't tell when to call it quits and bow out at the right time.

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie) - Mr EliteL - Aug 14th, 2022

Yeah I'm hoping for the third to be the last, but I got a feeling it won't be, as much as I'd like to see a series not milking the success to a point of being tiresome, especially in current/recent times. A 3rd movie could wrap up nicely as a trilogy, hopefully not be basically what the 2nd film is, may have not watched it yet but can easily guess what happens with Knuckles so don't want to see the exact same happen with Shadow.