Universal Gaming
Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary (/showthread.php?tid=416)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Pokémon (Series) | Mystery Dungeon DX Announced - Moonface - Jun 17th, 2020

New Pokemon Snap Announced
A sequel to Nintendo 64's Pokemon Snap has been announced, and is currently in development by Bandai Namco.

RE: Pokémon (Series) | Snap Sequel Announced - ShiraNoMai - Jun 21st, 2020

I.... really think Gamefreak needs to step back from developing whole games for Pokemon and they really ought to bring in more teams to work on mainline games. I know this was pre-rendered footage but if it's even half of what that trailer is supposed to look like, then... god damn, the possibilities.

I also really look forward to playing this. It was fun back then and I can see them doing a whole lot of cute things with Pokemon here Smile

RE: Pokémon (Series) | Snap Sequel Announced - queenzelda - Jun 22nd, 2020

For anyone who is on the fense about buying the dlc the Isle of Armor is surprisingly short. Yes you get new features & a few pokemon you can add to your dex from before.. But, atmo until Isle of Tundra releases I'm unsure if it's worth the price tag atmo.

RE: Pokémon (Series) | Snap Sequel Announced - Mr EliteL - Jun 22nd, 2020

Thanks, queen. I've been on the fence and edging to the not buy side, so I'll probably falling off completely to that side soon enough. Definitely not interested until I see what the second one is like or hear on here again.

RE: Pokémon (Series) | Snap Sequel Announced - Moonface - Jun 24th, 2020

Anyone watching the Pokemon Unite announcement right now? Or seen anything about it if you read this post after the fact?

Honestly not worth a one week wait nor its own direct. It could've just been covered last week like the other smaller things were. Might be good for people into MOBA's but for me I don't care for it at all. Eh

RE: Pokémon (Series) | Snap Sequel Announced - queenzelda - Jun 25th, 2020

(Jun 24th, 2020, 02:13 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Anyone watching the Pokemon Unite announcement right now? Or seen anything about it if you read this post after the fact?

Honestly not worth a one week wait nor its own direct. It could've just been covered last week like the other smaller things were. Might be good for people into MOBA's but for me I don't care for it at all. Eh

Haha most Pokemon fans are mad it wasn't Daimond/Pearl remake. I saw the announcemnt was like "wtf?" then went back to bed. xD

RE: Pokémon (Series) | Snap Sequel Announced - Moonface - Jun 25th, 2020

I'm not bothered about what it wasn't since I didn't go in wanting anything. But to make a big announcement like Snap last week then say there's another big thing in a week was a mistake. It set up an expectation that whatever was announced this week was going to be even bigger than Snap 2 being announced, and instead it was something that I feel only got the time devoted to it because Tencent paid to get that time.

RE: Pokémon (Series) | Snap Sequel Announced - queenzelda - Jul 3rd, 2020

Oh yea.. Btw, farming for Gigantamax mushrooms in the Isle of Armor dlc, is a pain in the rump. You also don't even get the curry recipe for "Gigantamax mushroom soup" which makes "completing the curry dex" worthless impo.

RE: Pokémon (Series) | Snap Sequel Announced - WR91 - Oct 1st, 2020

Pokemon SNAP is and was my jam and the fact they're making a new one for the Switch makes me happy as hell!

RE: Pokémon (Series) | Snap Sequel Announced - Moonface - Jan 14th, 2021

New Pokémon Snap Arrives on April 30!
Are you ready for your close-up, Trainers? Your journey through the photogenic Lental region begins on April 30th!

This year also marks the 25th anniversary of Pokémon, and The Pokémon Company put together this neat trailer to signify the occasion!

That box art for New Pokémon Snap is absolutely superb! I think it might actually be the best Pokémon game box art that's ever been done. Wow

RE: Pokémon (Series) | "New Snap" Release Date - ShiraNoMai - Jan 17th, 2021

The box art reminds me of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon styles, with the varied characters posing in cute ways. Looking forward to the game. Anyone think this will be a $40 game, or you think they'll go full price? Hmm

In regards to the 25th anniversary video, there's a little more the press release unveiled:

Serebii Wrote:
There will be Pokémon 25th Anniversary collaborations with the following brands and more: Build-a-Bear, Levi's, McDonalds, General Mills, Jawards, Scholastic, Mattel, Funko, PowerA and The Wand Company. In addition to that, there is to be Pokémon 25th anniversary related features in the Pokémon anime, video games, Pokémon GO and Pokémon Masters EX and more big announcements throughout the year

Not sure what other Build-A-Bear thing they could do for this. How many Pokemon can you build already? I mean I own a Charmander myself, and surely they've made a few Pikachu in their time.. Hmm

RE: Pokémon (Series) | "New Snap" Release Date - Moonface - Jan 18th, 2021

I think the game should really be $40. It looks graphically great but I just wonder how much content it can have to warrant a $60 price tag when it's just a point and shoot on rails game. Errm

RE: Pokémon (Series) | "New Snap" Release Date - ShiraNoMai - Jan 20th, 2021

I actually wonder if the original title sold for what was considered "full price" back then, because I think that was just before the era of games that had set MSRP so it tended to vary across titles.

Regardless, I think the game could offer more than just what the original did, at this point. I know they're going for a a sequel, so why not expand upon the original idea to create something a little more fleshed out than just what came before it, ya know? Hmm

RE: Pokémon (Series) | "New Snap" Release Date - Moonface - Jan 20th, 2021

How would you even flesh out a game that is really just a photo mode on rails? I can't see what could be substantially added onto that base.

RE: Pokémon (Series) | "New Snap" Release Date - WR91 - Jan 21st, 2021

I personally loved the first Snap game. So 22 years later I can say my body is ready for another. I'm excited!