Universal Gaming
Final Fantasy VII Remake - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake (/showthread.php?tid=428)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | 1 Year PS4 Exclusive - Moonface - Dec 13th, 2019

TGA 2019: Final Fantasy VII Remake - Cloud Strife Trailer
A new trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake was shown at tonight's The Game Awards show.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | 1 Year PS4 Exclusive - queenzelda - Dec 13th, 2019

It didn't show anything new; but Cloud does sure look awesome. Mmmm. Grin

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | 1 Year PS4 Exclusive - Moonface - Jan 14th, 2020

Final Fantasy VII Remake has been delayed until April 10.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | Delayed Until April - queenzelda - Jan 15th, 2020

I expected as much SQUARENIX has't released a Final Fantasy game on time; in like ever.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | Delayed Until April - Moonface - Jan 15th, 2020

At least it's not a big delay. Four weeks is pretty short compared to most delays.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | Delayed Until April - Dragon Lord - Jan 17th, 2020

Not surprising. There were rumors swirling around for a couple of weeks that this delay was going to be coming.

Just gives more time to the better games releasing in March.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | Delayed Until April - queenzelda - Jan 31st, 2020

New trailer & FINALLY Red XIII is shown.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | Delayed Until April - Moonface - Feb 8th, 2020

Had to watch the trailer on YouTube because Twitter makes it look like dogshit in comparison. This game is still insanely pretty. Speaking of, this new key art is also very very nice:

[Image: EQKir-uUcAAgRvo?format=jpg&name=orig]

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | Delayed Until April - King Atem - Feb 8th, 2020

Nice, just missing a few other key characters but two you find & the pilot finds you. xD

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | Delayed Until April - Dragon Lord - Feb 14th, 2020

(Feb 8th, 2020, 01:28 AM)Moonface Wrote:
This game is still insanely pretty

Unfortunately that's one of the main reasons to be worried about the other aspects of this game. Square Enix is great at making a game look gorgeous and then failing to actually fill the game with any substance of worth. It's good to see they are keeping moments in the game that stuck with people in the original, like Cloud's cross-dressing events, but there's still a lot more Square Enix could mess up.

I wonder if they're going to change those events just to be one cutscene at the Honeybee Inn and remove all the sidequesting to get the items required for cross-dressing. That'd be a bit of a downer if they did, because it's less content in that particular area of the game.

On an somewhat related note, recently Final Fantasy XIV had a Ruby Weapon raid boss added, and it looked pretty cool. Makes me interested to see if they use that same design for Ruby in FFVIIR or if they'll go with a modernization of his original design (well, hopefully they keep Ruby in FFVIIR to begin with).

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | Delayed Until April - queenzelda - Feb 15th, 2020

Idk, I thought it looked more like something for Resident Evil... But that's me. Whistle

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake | Delayed Until April - Moonface - Feb 17th, 2020

I just watched the opening cinematic that was released two days ago and holy shit it is so pretty!

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake - queenzelda - Feb 19th, 2020

Apparently Final Fantasy 7 Remake's file size is going to be among the biggest on the PS4. According to a leaked image of the game's Korean box art, the game's file size will be 100GB. This means players should get ready for a massive download when the game drops in April. source

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake - Moonface - Feb 19th, 2020

100GB is ridiculous when you consider this game is going to have multiple parts. Add in any patches and this could easily take up over half the disc space of a standard PS4.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake - ShiraNoMai - Feb 19th, 2020

I'm happy next gen will, in theory, alleviate that hefty asset load and have games not need to duplicate assets and fill up the disc space. I'm sure that's what's happening here with all the Midgar assets, like store front picture replication and NPC model textures.