Universal Gaming
I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Start Screen (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess (/showthread.php?tid=43)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Jun 7th, 2018

Well since this is the third time I have posted a topic in the welcome forum.

Now I just wait for the questions I guess, or not, I'm not the cops.

[Image: mSHi8.jpghttp:]

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - Karo - Jun 7th, 2018

Whats your favorite game of all time?

Welcome to the new forums PM! Grin

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - lp0 on fire - Jun 7th, 2018

(Jun 7th, 2018, 01:46 AM)Yuri Wrote:
Whats your favorite game of all time?

Welcome to the new forums PM! Grin

Thank you, and that is hard,
In terms of amount of times played it would be Wallenstein 3D I go back to it like once a year or so since High School, and I grew up with that game.
AoE II, Star Wars Battlefront II (Classic), Doom (classic and II), X-Wing v. TIE Fighter and, Roller Coaster Tycoon are up there too.
I would imagine as years pass Doom (2016) will be up there as I view this as a test of time.

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - ShiraNoMai - Jun 7th, 2018

Speaking of Doom (2016), do you think they'll make a sequel in the near future?

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - Mr EliteL - Jun 7th, 2018

Hello, PM! Did you/do you play any Sold Out Software games? II was going to ask this anyway, but literally just realised they were still a thing too. Wow.

(Jun 7th, 2018, 10:52 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hello, PM! Did you/do you play any Sold Out Software games? II was going to ask this anyway, but literally just realised they were still a thing too. Wow.

What I found suggests they closed in 2015, I also never heard of Sold Out Software or its parent company.

Google only gave me 5 games they were affiliated with two of which I heard of (and one of those I played) but they were the UK publisher as both games were published by EA in the US.

The games were Black and White (which I played) and the original Shogun Total War.

(Jun 7th, 2018, 03:48 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Speaking of Doom (2016), do you think they'll make a sequel in the near future?

As long as it is not along the lines of Wallenstein 2: TNC (that hurt to write, I grew up on Wolfenstein). I hope so.

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - Chloe - Jun 7th, 2018

Hey mister pc man! Go to see you!

question: What do you think if windows 10 based dell pcs?

(Jun 7th, 2018, 09:59 PM)chloe Wrote:
Hey mister pc man!  Go to see you!

question: What do you think if windows 10 based dell pcs?
This is some what hard to answer, as most consumer end OEM models are "okay/decent" at best. Business lines tend to be better (and have better support).
Well their business products seem solid, form my experiences at work (disclaimer: My work computer is workstation grade). The New Dells at we have at work seem fine.

Although since they are business grade machines they are costly and the type of graphics used for gaming are not put in to consideration.

I would avoid HP though, in the past year they have had key loggers found in their sound driver and keyboard driver
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/keylogger-found-in-audio-driver-of-hp-laptops/
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/how-to-check-your-hp-laptop-for-the-synaptic-keylogger-and-remove-it/

For Consumer grade computers, if you have a Microcenter near by, their in house brand PowerSpec is good. The PCs use off the shelf parts form what I can see (I got one for my brother) We added a nVidia 1050Ti on it.

My main laptop is the 15 inch PowerSpec Laptop. I enjoy it, I just dont travel around with it since its a beast and only has a 2 hour charge at best (but its a i7-7700HQ, 1070 set up soo.....) If I need portabile computing I use my Surface Pro 4 or a Chromebook.

As far as Windows 10, Im split on it, OS wise its solidish, but the forced updates, Contana, the preinstalled ad/candycrunch, datamining, No quality Control on updates (MS fired their QA team a few years back), and the continuing neutering of the Pro verson of 10 really makes me miss Linux.

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - Karo - Jun 7th, 2018

Well I'm pretty sure my new refurbished computer is HP? So does that mean HP is watching my every type? D: That doesn't sound fun! D:

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - lp0 on fire - Jun 8th, 2018

(Jun 7th, 2018, 11:40 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Well I'm pretty sure my new refurbished computer is HP? So does that mean HP is watching my every type? D: That doesn't sound fun! D:

The official story is "The driver maker left debug mode on" but well even if that is true, it is a huge security issue a rouge program or an attacker just needs to know where the logs are and bam they have your infomration.

Turns out this 80s One Hit Wonder was spot on:

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - Moonface - Jun 15th, 2018

What will you miss most about Zathyus Networks?

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - lp0 on fire - Jun 15th, 2018

(Jun 15th, 2018, 05:33 PM)Moonface Wrote:
What will you miss most about Zathyus Networks?
There is so much, it was just under half of my life at this point. I mean I made some of my closest friends from Zathyus so yeah that will suck that I will loose out on those posts and PMs and memories.

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - Hotspot - Jun 16th, 2018

omg I remember that Enter or don't enter sign "Simpsons meme" from my late, but early internet days. Brings back memories!

What is your favorite season?

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - lp0 on fire - Jun 16th, 2018

(Jun 16th, 2018, 05:28 PM)Hotspot Wrote:
omg I remember that Enter or don't enter sign "Simpsons meme" from my late, but early internet days. Brings back memories!

What is your favorite season?

Man I don't know honestly I am a filthy casual or maybe even a unholy Normie when it comes to the Simpsons I used to watch it online when I got bored then kind of stopped.

To add some irony in this I was coming of age in the Simpson mania era I remember Bart's butterfinger ads and the Simpsons being everywhere, I just didn't start watching it until High school.

RE: One, Twice, Three times the Master Gaming - Nightingale - Jul 1st, 2018

Ever got a taste of what Windows ME was like? If so, did you hate it as much as everyone else or what?