Universal Gaming
I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Start Screen (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess (/showthread.php?tid=43)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 25th, 2018

Lying is only when you knowingly mislead Tongue
It drives me nuts when some one was wrong about something and then say "oh turns out I was lying" or the like <_<

Yours sounds way more interesting.

Sani is a nice guy, normal nerdy/geeky guy. Knows way more then me about AMD hardware stuff.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 25th, 2018

Yea, he seems nice enough. Unlike that Tony fellow who seems suspicious. xp /jk I also hope you enjoy the read. *wink* ^^

question: Do you think playing a emulated game is 'unethical'?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 25th, 2018

Thank you.

Hell no. Often its the only way to play games now, the CDs/DVD/cart/ect may be not around any more or extremely rare. I am big supporter of preserving history and often emulation is the best/only way to for these older games.

Now if you are using MAME (or other emulator) on a speed run and saying its real hardware, then yes its unethical.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - Chloe - Aug 25th, 2018

Have you ever thought about developing your own forum software?

No I have not, I do not have enough knowledge of coding/programing, databases, HTML, CSS and, JavaSript to do such. Although I enjoyed most of the programing classes I took in college it wasn't something I could see my self doing as a living. Too much of this:
[Image: G4cy8en.jpg]

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 26th, 2018

Are you into the Transformers series any?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 26th, 2018

(Aug 26th, 2018, 01:43 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Are you into the Transformers series any?

It would be something I would watch if it was on, and most of my memories come from Beast Wars, mostly "wha...why?!" and the McDonald toys.
My childhood was nerdy but not in the cartoon/comics way, but in the "I will watch History channel and The Weather Channel for fun" way. Tongue

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 26th, 2018

Ok, so whose your favorite President then?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 26th, 2018

Teddy Roosevelt, Trust buster, creator of the National Parks System, Nobel Peace Prize Winner (when it meant something), and awarded the Medal of Honor.
Oh also "speak softly and carry a big stick" is IMO sound feign policy.

Any other historical figure, ya like? I talked about mine in my topic. :3

I am going to use "like" as in "Find interesting to read about/study/etc" and not in the "I find this person agreeable!" as well if we do the second the list goes really down and while you can basically accuse (almost) any one (other then Mr. Rodgers) in the past as being a dick if judged by modern standards.
With that said:

Mr. Rodgers - He is like the most wholesome person in history.

Ilse Koch - Even other Nazis found her overly and unnecessary cruel, she and her husband were arrested by the Nazis for that, and later she would face war crime charges by the allies.

Rommel - A WW2 general who was so respected and revered that Germany has a museum dedicated to him, despite he fought for Nazi Germany (to be fair he wasn't a fan of the nazi party, and may or may not have helped take part in a Hitler assassination attempt)

Audie Murphy - One if not the most decorated WW2 vet including the MoH, turned movie star, starred in his own autobiography film, and toned down his exploits as the real live versions were too "fantastic"to be believable. Also one of the first people to advocate for research and treatment of what we today call PTSD.

There are others who I am forgetting right now.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 27th, 2018

Mr Rogers is just an actor who portrayed a really nice fellow on tv. xD Impo. ;3

Do you play any online PC games?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 27th, 2018

(Aug 27th, 2018, 12:39 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Mr Rogers is just an actor who portrayed a really nice fellow on tv. xD Impo. ;3

Do you play any online PC games?

There has never been a story or claim that Mr. Rodgers was a dick to anyone, quite the opposite. There are rumors he was some bad ass marine, or an assassin or a molester, but all of those are false.

The fact is, outside of some bullshit Fox News clip that calls him evil for teaching kids they are special, and loved makes them entitled (given that Mr. Rodger's neighborhood ran for many generations (1960s - 2001) Fox News blaming the then $CurrentGeneration's [tail end of the millenniums] issues is even more bullshit) .
There has yet to be any claim verified or not that Mr. Rodgers was anything but a kind, loving, patient person, from people who dealt with him at any time, including people meeting him as a fan, and well its a common thing to see "beloved celebrity is actually a dick" from people that worked with them.

Online only, not so much any more, I did play some when I was active with a clan and will every now and then with people form the clan, but mostly I do single player when I actually can play games...lately I just can't get in to them. >_<

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 27th, 2018

I've been playing a game with online functionality & no one is playing, so I kinda have the opposite problem. XD

Favorite fast food joint? (And yes I know I stole Yami's question to Chloe. XD)

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 27th, 2018

(Aug 27th, 2018, 01:09 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
I've been playing a game with online functionality & no one is playing, so I kinda have the opposite problem. XD

Favorite fast food joint? (And yes I know I stole Yami's question to Chloe. XD)

Part of my problem with online games these days is
A) When we were playing different games it was dictated by a kid who only wanted to play games "he was good at" everyone else be damned
Cool Right now they have been on a CS:GO kick and they only play rank and I suck at all games and I don't really want to get in to competitive
C) In my "Second era" of online gaming c. 2012-2015 I got heavy involved in a clan/"gaming community" to the point were I became one of the leaders and we were mostly doing A HL2 mod called Battle Grounds 2 then moved on to Mount and Blade Warband Napoleonic wars, both games we did line battles so as a leader I was expected to (help) lead lines and later on the discipline needed from rank and file members was not there. But its nice to see that traditions started in the Napolenic Wars community carry on in games like Holdfast: nations at War based on what I seen from a soviet womble video he made playing Holdfast.
D) The elimination of private servers and going for just automatic match making. This is killing community gaming, it used to be in the day you had a server or a few you would regularly play on because of either good mods/community/rules/what ever. It built a communities around each server and each had a bit to a vastly different culture, some were n00b friendly others were "Pros" only and if you entered you needed to get gud or you'd be pwn'd, but depending on the community you either be kicked or helped to get better.
There is no real community any more in most games that mostly/only feature match making and that killed a lot of the appeal of online gaming to me.

Depends on my mood I guess, but maybe even though I rarely go to one as there are none near me A&W just for the Root beer.