Universal Gaming
I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Start Screen (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess (/showthread.php?tid=43)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 31st, 2018

Ha, you sounds just like Jing. He doesn't like Dr. Oz either.

Favorite Star Trek series doctor?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 31st, 2018

The Doctor as its the only I really know of, Whistle

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - Chloe - Aug 31st, 2018

Are you a Dr Who fan?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 31st, 2018

I'm sorry Doctor who? Whistle Tongue

I tried to watch the reboot a few years back and couldn't get past the first few minutes every time I started to watch it something came up...I eventually gave up.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Sep 1st, 2018

Favorite weather?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Sep 1st, 2018

When it storms, like windy, heavy thunder, heavy rain Whistle

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Sep 1st, 2018

(Sep 1st, 2018, 02:07 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
When it storms, like windy, heavy thunder, heavy rain Whistle
Like when it rained out here today! You would have loved it. Grin

Do you like ice cream floats? :p

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Sep 1st, 2018

Root Beer float- The classic.
Boston Cooler - A Detroit original (No one is sure why its called that, Boston Blvd wasn't around when the guy who made Vernor's was still in business, and it didnt come form Boston). It is Vernor's Ginger Ale (no Canada Dry or Seagram or Schweppes, Vernor's is a golden ginger ale its like a middle ground between a ginger ale and a ginger beer) and Vanilla Ice cream. Traditionally Vernor's and the ice cream is blended together, but its not required.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - Chloe - Sep 1st, 2018

What's something you like about being main admin on your own forum, as opposed to being mod?

(Sep 1st, 2018, 09:09 PM)chloe Wrote:
What's something you like about being main admin on your own forum, as opposed to being mod?

That I make the rules and control moderation. I have some very specific philosophies when it comes to moderation/rules/etc, based on 13 years of moderation with the support board and based on my studies of law and legal philosophy when I was a political science major.
I often refer to a story in the book"Morality of Law" by Fuller ("King Rex")

The 8 failures of law are as such:
Quote:(1) failure to achieve rules at all, so that every issue must be decided ad hoc;
(2) failure to publicize, or at least to make available to the affected party, the rules he is expected to observe;
(3) the abuse of retroactive legislation;
(4) failure to make the rules understandable;
(5) enactment of contradictory rules;
(6) enactment of rules that require conduct beyond the powers of the affected party;
(7) introducing such frequent changes in the rules that the subject cannot orient his action by them;
(8) failure of congruence between the rules as announced and their actual administration.

We see these failures on sites such as Reddit, Youtube. Google, Twitter, TapATalk support, etc. Some of these places "pride" them selves on "vague" rules or unequal enforcement of the rules so that "the right side" only gets heard. This creates at best distrust of the moderation and administration teams (along with their brands) , and only causes people want to get higher powers invovled to split them up (which honestly they need to be, the gov't went after MS for much smaller stuff, just market share alone dictates that at lease some of these companies need to be split up).

TapATalk seems to be Number 1. I never have seen a posted list of their rules on the support board and people often complain about how two posts saying the same thing, one will be removed and the other not. So its actually a mix of 1 and 5 for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQoyd_g6qyE
http://evelate.blogspot.com/2008/03/fullers-ways-to-fail-to-make-law.html

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - Chloe - Sep 2nd, 2018

Whats up with the chibi anime girl waving the leek around?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Sep 2nd, 2018

So there was at one point a short lived specifict to this forum meme lead by Dragon Lord that his waifu Hatsune Miku would take over the board, he encouraged everyone to make their profile picture/signature to be Miku, (if you look at his trading cards they are all of Miku).

I decided "what the hell" and joined in, but I wanted something a bit...more. I wanted something like the old (what we now call memes) spinning leek girl.

And I found that, also I think I made a joke somewhere at the old board that it was brushing away the miku stuff or something I forget.

Idk...he seems mean. **hides** ;-;

Also, what's wrong my dude? You seem down. Eh

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Sep 2nd, 2018

I never got that impression from Dragon but at the same time, I can be dense AF.

Due to the sensitive nature I will PM you the answer to your question.

I'll send you a pm on my thoughts my dude.

question: What kinda car do you have?