Universal Gaming
I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Start Screen (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess (/showthread.php?tid=43)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 4th, 2018

I sort of see you as support staff here. In a weird way I suppose. xD

What got you interested in computer stuff in the first place?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 4th, 2018

I honestly don't know, some of my earliest memories were of my dad showing me how to use DOS to play games, or the junk keyboard that he gave me as a "toy" (that he then sold <_<).

I guess also with me being really social in school and such, but I didn't really get in to computers until High School, I guess I mean I gamed on them a lot before but High School is when I realy got in to the internet and really started to use computers as my main thing. Most of my knowledge and experience comes form "Oh shit this happened...how do I fix it?" Mixed in later with reading stuff from professionals and professional forums.

Hell my first choices post High school was either going to be a teacher, or wanting to get a PhD in political science and teach at the unniversity/college level, it wasn't until that all fell though that I went in to IT/computers and well it seems that is falling though now too, as I have yet to get any call backs on the apps I have sent out and everyone in my area wants way more professional experience then I have.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 4th, 2018

You could always get a loan & open up your own computer store. :3 Something good will kick in for you, you just have to have more faith in yourself. ^^

Are you a fan of Jim Henson's work btw? Personally I'm fascinated by it.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 4th, 2018

(Aug 4th, 2018, 07:45 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:
You could always get a loan & open up your own computer store. :3 Something good will kick in for you, you just have to have more faith in yourself. ^^

Are you a fan of Jim Henson's work btw? Personally I'm fascinated by it.

Customer service is not my thing, when its face to face or on the phone. And well I'd rather be an employee then an owner, far more riskier and my luck is less then good.

Outside of the odd song of his that used to play on the oldies radio station back when I was in High School I never really listed to H....oh wait Henson not Hendrix WTF eyes.

I wouldn't say a fan but I remember watching reruns of the Muppet show as a kid, and well Sesame street is a given too.
Henson also played a minor roll in the creation of Yoda soo there is that too.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 5th, 2018

....and then there was the gc Yoda... Tongue

Which Star Wars movie is your favorite one??

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 5th, 2018

(Aug 5th, 2018, 04:49 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:
....and then there was the gc Yoda... Tongue

Which Star Wars movie is your favorite one??

Oh gheez, I don't even know, I love the OT maybe about the same, I would need to rewatch them all again to confirm. PT wise would be Revenge of the Sith.

New Trilogy: let's not go there, when something makes Episode 1 looks more appealing you done fucked up Disney.

Not so fun fact: The Last Jedi is the only main Star Wars movie I have not seen in theaters, and judging by what a hot mess it is, my back being out so much that I couldn't move or even lay in bed with out pain was my body taking mercy on me. <_<

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 5th, 2018

Lol I refuse to see any of the garbage that Disney made for Star Wars. As far as I'm concerned the fan fiction version I've been secretly working on offline is my cannon version of Star Wars.. More so cause I didn't really like what the legends books did to Han & Leia's kids, not to mention what happened to poor old Chewy & don't even make me go into the legends series turning the flipping Falcon into a CHARACTER by focusing on it's flipping past. Wttf?? Seriously. XD

Any who, what was your favorite Star Wars Legends book? I bet you know which one's mine are.  Whistle

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 5th, 2018

(Aug 5th, 2018, 08:05 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:
Lol I refuse to see any of the garbage that Disney made for Star Wars. As far as I'm concerned the fan fiction version I've been secretly working on offline is my cannon version of Star Wars.. More so cause I didn't really like what the legends books did to Han & Leia's kids, not to mention what happened to poor old Chewy & don't even make me go into the legends series turning the flipping Falcon into a CHARACTER by focusing on it's flipping past. Wttf?? Seriously. XD

Any who, what was your favorite Star Wars Legends book? I bet you know which one's mine are.  Whistle

Oh boy, I actually never got in to the old EU outside of video games. I only read maybe one or two books, I was just massively intimated by how many there were. So I will go with the one I remember reading: X-Wing Rouge Squadron (I do want to read the others at some point). I have heir to the empire which I have yet to read, despite me wanting for over 10+ years wanting to read. But I have yet to read "From a Certain point of View" dispute getting it at release (and am confused I thought it was a non-canon book but some places are treating it as canon?!), and I have yet to read the new Thrawn book, party because Ive been in such a bad moon lately.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - King Atem - Aug 6th, 2018

Have you ever seen the movie with Michael Jackson called "Captain Eo?"?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 6th, 2018

(Aug 6th, 2018, 02:32 AM)King Atem Wrote:
Have you ever seen the movie with Michael Jackson called "Captain Eo?"?

I only been to Disney once in 2001, it was after that show stopped running. I did see it on youtube.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 7th, 2018

Are you totally jelly that Helena made Moonface some emoji's? :p

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 7th, 2018

(Aug 7th, 2018, 12:43 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:
Are you totally jelly that Helena made Moonface some emoji's? :p

Naaa she made me the one in my signature, + the "new" one for me in the Support site (phantom of the opera mask), and she is doing a lot to help out the forum me and some other exstaff are making as the "life raft" after zaythus sinks.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 7th, 2018

Kinda comes off that way since you seem to ask moony about it a lot. Tongue XD

Ever thought about running your own forum?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 7th, 2018

(Aug 7th, 2018, 01:26 AM)Summer Queen Wrote:
Kinda comes off that way since you seem to ask moony about it a lot. Tongue XD

Ever thought about running your own forum?

I have ran a few in my days, never really got that active,
High School Club, a clan for Star Wars Battle Front (2004), two "spam" forums (Puppeth and PuppethRedux), some other random ones, then finally another clan/"gaming community" that I quickly became an admin/leader for a few years. Now I am setting up this new one for those that wish to stay in contact after the ZB shut down.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 8th, 2018

To bad I'll never get a link to it. XD Oh well, special is as special does. & all that rot. [Image: derp-e10.png]

question: Which chicken nugget is the best chicken nugget, mcdonalds, wendy's, or burgar king? Tongue