Universal Gaming
I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Start Screen (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess (/showthread.php?tid=43)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 8th, 2018

(Aug 8th, 2018, 08:25 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:
To bad I'll never get a link to it. XD Oh well, special is as special does. & all that rot. [Image: derp-e10.png]

question: Which chicken nugget is the best chicken nugget, mcdonalds, wendy's, or burgar king? Tongue

Look at my Zaythus Networks profile and ye shall receive. Wink

Wendy's, unless you count the McDonads chicken tenders as a nugget, because those were/are so good, I wish they would bring back the mighty wings too.

McNuggets are just bad, and my stomach doesn't agree with them it seems.

I never had Burger King Nuggets before.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 9th, 2018

Well, I'm guessing your Aaron on the support forum. So correct me if I'm wrong. But, I already found your forum & has it bookmarked. I might join soonish but I'm busy atmo making a new avy/sig for myself. Cause I can. lol Btw, I like how mybb was made into zetaboards look with just a simple theme. Interesting that. I also had a weird dream about zetaboards I need to post on here too. ^^" Any way..

question time: Are you a singleton?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 9th, 2018

(Aug 9th, 2018, 12:23 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Well, I'm guessing your Aaron on the support forum. So correct me if I'm wrong. But, I already found your forum & has it bookmarked. I might join soonish but I'm busy atmo making a new avy/sig for myself. Cause I can. lol Btw, I like how mybb was made into zetaboards look with just a simple theme. Interesting that. I also had a weird dream about zetaboards I need to post on here too. ^^" Any way..

question time: Are you a singleton?
Yep I am Aaron.
I like the theme (Its a theme that Helena made for ZCool in that it also has a vauge feel of IPB1.3 (which IF was based on) to it.

If singleton you mean single, yep. Other wise I have no clue.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - Chloe - Aug 9th, 2018

What kind of girl do you figure is your type PM?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 9th, 2018

(Aug 9th, 2018, 01:57 AM)chloe Wrote:
What kind of girl do you figure is your type PM?

Man, that is a hard question, its actually making me think and self reflect, I haven't really thought about this in years as I pretty much thrown in the towel as if I was working I didn't have the time/energy to date and when I had the time I didn't have the money.

Some one who is extremely caring, patient, and has a zest and zeal for life that I lack to counteract my lack of it, some one who can get me motivated when my inner demons (depression, stress, and the like) start to take control, some one who can tell me honestly "its okay things will get better" when life kicks me in the stomach again. Its a lot to ask for given my history too.

Bonus: actual gamer and geeky/nerdy, doesn't think computers/IT are "stupid".
Extra bonus: some one who would get me in to the gym and be my "gym buddy" Tongue

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 12th, 2018

Have you played the old Kings Quest pc games?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 12th, 2018

I have not, I party avoided adventure games because of their wacky logic, and in the older days text based interfaces my spelling was a whole lot worse back in the day Tongue

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 13th, 2018

Have you ever considered being a tornado chaser?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 13th, 2018

(Aug 13th, 2018, 02:05 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Have you ever considered being a tornado chaser?

Something I would like to do, but, I would want to be with an experience team things can turn to shit in seconds. Like El Reno 2013, first storm chasers were killed then and it happened to be ones who had a reputation for safety.

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 13th, 2018

I remember hearing about what happened to that group too, it was so sad.

What do you think of 'ghost hunter' type series?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 13th, 2018

(Aug 13th, 2018, 07:38 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I remember hearing about what happened to that group too, it was so sad.

What do you think of 'ghost hunter' type series?
I enjoy a good ghost story, and family lore has it that the family farm is haunted, and that of the people that go there normally everyone but me and my grandmother has had experiences there. I am skeptical of the stuff but I have found that ghost stories tend to be a good and entertaining way to preserve local history, lore, and culture.

Oh man I use to watch the SciFi show a lot, I even have a season or two on DVD. I am skeptical when it comes to ghosts but I enjoy a good ghost story. My issue with Ghost Hunters started when they stopped focusing on private residents (who had no real reason* to say "my house is haunted" unless they believed so) to places that make their whole thing as "haunted" (e.g. The Stanley Hotel which the Shining is based on) and although it was interesting seeing The Stanley Hotel, Pennhurst, etc. It took my suspension of disbelieve away that everything was "honest"

I also enjoyed Paranormal State, I was way more "yeah, this is fake AF" but the story given is what held me in. But man that turned in to a dumpster fire the guy is a wreck.

Ghost Adventures - uhhh...yeah....no....its more of "frat party bros" at lease the clips Ive seen of it.

I grew up watching the History channel every halloween as a kid and watching their documentaries on different haunted places and famous ghost stories and other things that went bump in the night, I think that is what got me interested in the paranormal.

One year at University the "summer trip" was to Ireland and they were teaching a course on parapsychology there. Part of me was horrified that it was being offered as a legit academic subject the other part was "Oh man I wish I could take it".

*not counting "I want my 15 minutes of fame people, but some jurisdictions like New York require disclose to sellers if you "advertise" your house as haunted to the public, which Im pretty sure going on national TV would count as such.
(see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stambovsky_v._Ackley )

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 14th, 2018

What are your thoughts on using Discord?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 14th, 2018

(Aug 14th, 2018, 06:46 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
What are your thoughts on using Discord?

It's like some one took the worse of IRC and TS/Vent/Mumble combined it in to a centralized service.

It would be a bit better if you could have text in voice channels, I am only on Discord because my former clan is on it now, and when Im talking to people and want to post a link or text or something its super annoying that I need to say "Alright go to x channel for this" or @them. TS at lease had text in the voice channels.

I am not a fan of everything becoming centralized, when things are decentralized it allows for the most user freedoms If your host didn't like your TS server and took it down, there were many other TS hosts to use or you could even host it your self.

Centralization allows for way easier command and control of communities, speech, ideas, and thought, the very ideals that were behind the internet (speech, ideas and, thoughts, evolve in to academic subjects, be it arts and philosophy, or the sciences).

What is disturbing is that many people have the laissez faire ideals of the internet that worked for the old internet (before smart phones basically) "Oh its their site they can do what they want" it worked because there were plenty of options and other hosts who would take people in, should they get removed from their previous host. You also didn't see intentional or unintentional coordinated efforts to "De-platform" people.

Now that everything is in the hands of a few major companies (Facebook, Google, MS, Apple, etc), we are seeing this more and more, even more disturbing is the fact that most of these platforms (e.g. Youtube, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, etc) were advertised as pubic forums (in the legal sense, e.g. the public is allow to have discourse on it). Now they want to start policing (out side of illegal actives) the discourse on these platforms.

Now Most of these companies are either based in CA or have offices in CA and are subjected to CA law. CA has case law that states basically that "Semi public places such as Malls can not fully restrict speech" See Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins, 447 U.S. 74 (1980). With this if a company is advertising it self as a public forum, legally speaking then there should be some really interesting cases then coming soon (coughAlexJonesShouldHeSueCough)

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - queenzelda - Aug 14th, 2018

Eh, only reason I use Discord is to keep up with what's going on with some forums I'm a member of. Otherwise I tend not to use it all that often. It's the same with Steam's text client thing, tbh.

question: Were you ever into the Gi-Joe series?

RE: I'm the old man who rants! Ask me stuff I guess - lp0 on fire - Aug 14th, 2018

Hey you can't come in here and not expect a rant Tongue

No I never was, by the time I was old enough to remember watching stuff on TV it was off the air by then, but media at the time was still parodying it and/or referencing it so I knew it was a thing.