Universal Gaming
The Food & Drink Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The Food & Drink Thread (/showthread.php?tid=435)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Moonface - Jan 15th, 2021

(Jan 15th, 2021, 02:25 PM)Mercury Wrote:
A sandwich and a cup of tea.
I think you mistook this thread for saying what you ate/drank last. Tongue

But to keep it more in line with discussing food and drink in general, what type of sandwich was it? Smile

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 16th, 2021

I wish I cared more about tea. Or coffee. I just have no energy in the morning these days and I know those are the ways people get quick morning "pick-me-ups".

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Moonface - Jan 18th, 2021

I don't know if I could ever like coffee. I've never come across anything coffee based that smells good to me so even if somehow I did like the flavour the smell of it would turn me away.

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 18th, 2021

The only coffee I've had so far, and I know it's very poor and I shouldn't judge it by that, is free from the vending machine at work (Tea and some coffee from it are free now). I...can drink it but can't say I like it. Is by Kenco and with sugar and I've had it a few times in an attempt to give myself some energy in the morning. I don't notice anything though. XD I would be willing to try some other coffee but I'd rather have something else.

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 20th, 2021

I've had many people's "correct" attempt at coffee offered for me to try and have yet to like any of them. It's really what it is: hot bean water.

It's a shame because unlike Moony, I actually really enjoy the same of coffee. It's nostalgic to me, but that's because I grew up in a household that drank coffee every morning since I've been alive.

I'd probably have to give it another go when I think the right amount of sugar and milk has been applied where it doesn't just taste like hot bean-flavored water..

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Karo - Jun 4th, 2021

So Moony has told me I should share these two great entergagement sites/app with the class!

Has your life been empty? Are you tired of company ripping you off by using your favorite youtuber to sell their shitty products?

I sure am and that is why I am proudly here to introduce to you the same concept, but with old cartoon characters!

Finally you can get that lasagna and many other fun garfield themed goodies cause that what really in right now garfield!
https://www.garfieldeats.com

Ruh-ro! What if you like mondays because your off from your job then maybe your looking for a more scooby doo themed experience?
https://scoobydooeats.com/

God bless Canada and their entergagement :')

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Moonface - Jun 5th, 2021

I've been thinking about those since I saw them last night, and to be fair to Canada it's not like America doesn't do this. Flintstones are on a lot of things, and there was a product using TMNT but I assume their license ended because it no longer features them and the product name changed to reflect that.

I also know back in the 90's that there were a lot of cake mixes in England that were character themed, including Tom and Jerry, and Scooby Doo.

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Karo - Jun 5th, 2021

Oh yeah it nothing new that for sure, but it just seem out of place to find a whole business built around the entire thing.

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Moonface - Jul 18th, 2021

(Jun 5th, 2021, 03:32 AM)Karo Wrote:
Oh yeah it nothing new that for sure, but it just seem out of place to find a whole business built around the entire thing.
I don't find it that weird, but that's mostly because in England there's a company called Kinnerton who seems to be heavily focused on selling Easter eggs that have packaging themed around popular shows and even Disney properties: http://www.kinnerton.com/ourproducts/
Amusingly it's July and their products page just has Easter stuff, so I guess all they do is mostly holiday chocolates to cash in on the IP's they use.

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Moonface - Jan 27th, 2022

I forget what video it was that I saw this in because it was a few weeks ago, but Walker's have some crazy flavours of crisps in the UK. Just to name a few:
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Ranch Raccoon
  • Cajun Squirrel
  • Cheesy Beans on Toast
  • Chili and Chocolate
Granted, these are all limited edition flavours and none are permanent but even then, i can't believe just how many special flavours have been made over the years. As far as I know Lays doesn't do anything like it in the US despite being the same company.

Would anyone ever consider trying any of those (or other) flavours, or know of any other really strange offerings a food or drink company has come up with? XD

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 27th, 2022

I've only seen the Brussel Sprout flavour, didn't know about those other ones. Slightly curious on the Cheesy Beans on Toast, but the rest I wouldn't want to try. I can barely tolerate Sprouts normally, no way would I like a crisp version.

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Moonface - Jan 27th, 2022

I would try the squirrel and raccoon ones only because the name would intrigue me as to what it's meant to really be. I tried looking up if they were named that way in reference to something but didn't have any luck finding an answer, but I really doubt those flavours are supposed to actually be related to the taste of those animals. XD

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 3rd, 2022

Anyone ever made onigiri (rice balls)? Was considering making some for Moony for a quick bite to eat on the way out the door cuz they generally don't need refrigeration or reheating, and was looking into neat fillings to put inside.

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Moonface - Feb 21st, 2022

(Feb 3rd, 2022, 05:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Anyone ever made onigiri (rice balls)? Was considering making some for Moony for a quick bite to eat on the way out the door cuz they generally don't need refrigeration or reheating, and was looking into neat fillings to put inside.
No, and I raise this with has anyone ever made any type of food that wasn't for the purpose of a meal, i.e. baking a cake, making cookies, or other various snacks that aren't designated to a specific meal at all?

RE: The Food & Drink Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 22nd, 2022

Nope to both questions. I have had the thought of trying baking or the like but er...have a miniscule amount of interest still but that's like way at the back of my mind and not something I want to jump at. My sister has been trying though.