Universal Gaming
Summer Meltdown 2019 - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Home Planet (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Site Updates & Information (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Archived Updates (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Summer Meltdown 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=446)

Summer Meltdown 2019 - Moonface - Jul 2nd, 2019

[Image: sm19banner.png]

Summer is here once more, and that can only mean one thing—going outside! But if you don't want to do that, then we can bring the fun and sun to you with our annual Summer Meltdown event, and as you can see from this years banner, we have a few extra treats in store this time around too! Wow

Summer Meltdown 2019
We'll be running a variety of contests and activities throughout the month of July for everyone to participate in, focusing on summer and video-games! Taking part in the festivities will earn you points that can be cashed in at the end of the event to get yourself some hot prizes, so even if you're not lucky enough to win you still have a chance to get something! You're also welcome to make and/or suggest your own summer themed contests and/or activities, which will also be eligible for earning points.

1st Place
  • First choice pick from our prize pool
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • 1 Free Custom Standard Universal Gaming Card (it's Shiny equivalent will be created also, but not awarded)
  • Coloured Username for 3 weeks
  • 1500 XP
  • Winners Signature
2nd Place
  • Second choice pick from our prize pool
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • Coloured Username for 2 weeks
  • 1000 XP
  • 2nd Place Signature
3rd Place
  • Third choice pick from our prize pool
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card
  • Coloured Username for 1 week
  • 500 XP
  • 3rd Place Signature
Redeemable Prizes
  • 1 Universal Gaming Card per 3 Points
  • 1 week coloured username for 6 points (can not be stacked)
Prize Pool
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - US Physical (PS4)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn - US Physical (PS4)
  • Ratchet & Clank - US Physical (PS4)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider - Digital (Steam)
  • Fallout Vault Boy Bobblehead
  • Skylanders Imaginators - Crash Bandicoot and Dr. Neo Cortex Figures
  • Steam Link
All of our Summer Meltdown 2019 activities will be hosted in the Contests & Events forum. We also have some rules and regulations in place:
  • You must have at least 25 posts to redeem anything from the prize pool. Spamming to hit this requirement will result in disqualification and forfeit of receiving any prizes.
  • Any evident signs of cheating or manipulation by any user during this event may result in immediate disqualification and forfeit of any prize you may have been eligible for.
  • Staff may compete and earn points, but may not be eligible for prize pool items.

Shine Get!
Did you see what Yoshi was holding in our Summer Meltdown 2019 banner? Those are brand new Shiny Universal Gaming Cards, a new addition we're finally making to the card system to give you a new way to flex your collections to each other. Shiny cards are rare, upgraded versions of our regular cards, featuring brand new artwork (where possible) and a much more colourful border. This years Summer Meltdown will be your first opportunity to obtain some of these cards; however, there will be other ways to obtain these cards:
  • Trade 3 of the same Standard Universal Gaming Card to upgrade them into a single Shiny equivalent, i.e. 3 Standard Doom cards equals 1 Shiny Doom card.
  • Purchase a single randomised Shiny card for 600XP.
All 50 of our current Universal Gaming Cards have a Shiny equivalent, and you can check out all of them right now on the Cards page! Are you ready to feel the (sun)shine?

Wool Wool Wool... Again!
The fuzzy fan favourite is back and better than ever as we welcome the return of our Woolly World theme! Woolly World had to unfortunately be left behind during our hasty move from ZetaBoards last year, but I've worked hard to finally bring it back, complete with responsive coding on all pages* and a slight adjustment to profile pages to let you show off your brand new shiny cards! Although I have tried to ensure there are no issues with the theme, there are a lot more components to a MyBB theme compared to a ZetaBoards one, and so I won't be shocked to find I missed at least something. Should you notice anything about the theme that doesn't seem quite right, you can let me know via PM or within this thread. Smile

*There are areas in the User CP that have yet to be converted to responsive coding, and other areas in the User CP are also not finished in terms of overall styling. I am still working on those areas.
**There may be a couple of areas outside of the User CP pages that are not finished yet, either because I didn't get around to them prior to this post or I happened to miss them entirely. For now, assume that I didn't get around to the areas; I'll state at a later time when I think I have covered every page so you can point out missed things to me.

That's everything I have to share to kick off our Summer Meltdown 2019 event! I hope you all enjoy yourselves! Grin

Summer Meltdown 2019 Results - Moonface - Aug 3rd, 2019

[Image: smsymbol.png]
U N I V E R S A L G A M I N G ' S
SUMMER MELTDOWN 2019 RESULTS

This years Summer Meltdown event is over! Let's take a look and see how everyone who participated did this year. ^_^

1st Place - Moonface and Mr EliteL (12 points)
  • First choice pick from our prize pool
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards - (Moonface: Bioshock, Horizon, Uncharted) (Mr EliteL: Half Life, Hatsune Miku, Legend of Zelda)
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards - (Moonface: Horizon, Rayman, Terraria) (Mr EliteL: Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, Splatoon)
  • 1 Free Custom Standard Universal Gaming Card (it's Shiny equivalent will be created also, but not awarded)
  • Coloured Username for 3 weeks
  • 1500 XP
  • Winners Signature - Moonface / Mr EliteL
  • Shiny Summer Meltdown Universal Gaming Card
2nd Place - N/A
  • Second choice pick from our prize pool
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • Coloured Username for 2 weeks
  • 1000 XP
  • 2nd Place Signature
  • Summer Meltdown Universal Gaming Card
3rd Place - ShiraNoMai (11 points)
  • Third choice pick from our prize pool
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card (Borderlands)
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card (Minecraft)
  • Coloured Username for 1 week
  • 500 XP
  • 3rd Place Signature - ShiraNoMai
  • Summer Meltdown Universal Gaming Card
Redeemable Prizes
  • 1 Universal Gaming Card per 3 Points
  • 1 week coloured username for 6 points (can not be stacked)
Prize Pool
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - US Physical (PS4)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn - US Physical (PS4)
  • Ratchet & Clank - US Physical (PS4)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider - Digital (Steam)
  • Fallout Vault Boy Bobblehead
  • Skylanders Imaginators - Crash Bandicoot and Dr. Neo Cortex Figures
  • Steam Link
Here's how the final leaderboard shaped up to be!

MemberPoints
@Sunbum12
@Mr EliteL12
@ShiraNoMai11
@queenzelda3
@Kazan X. Lemuris2
@King Atem2
@Daltonio2
@Frank1
@Yuri1

RE: Summer Meltdown 2019 - Karo - Aug 4th, 2019

I swear I go into my social withdrawals at the wrong time every year! I think this happened last time too!

RE: Summer Meltdown 2019 - Moonface - Aug 4th, 2019

(Aug 4th, 2019, 01:55 AM)Yuri Wrote:
I swear I go into my social withdrawals at the wrong time every year! I think this happened last time too!
Then make sure you don't have one in October. Wink

RE: Summer Meltdown 2019 - Karo - Aug 4th, 2019

I'll try my best to go into my coma in September instead of October! Grin

RE: Summer Meltdown 2019 - Mr EliteL - Aug 4th, 2019

I swear the RNG for choosing winning cards likes to favour me winning a Miku card. I've lost count how many times it's happened, because I don't think it'll keep happening so often. XD Although wow, draw for 1st and no 2nd, dang.