Universal Gaming
Game Pictures & Videos Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Game Pictures & Videos Thread (/showthread.php?tid=605)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - Moonface - May 28th, 2022

I feel like I had a different thing to share in here than this, but I can't remember it so this'll have to do. I'm sure everyone here knows about the DidYouKnowGaming? channel on YouTube, and recently they put out this video about lost games:

I really love the stories of the games in this video. Nuclear Rush was super interesting because I never knew Sega had actually attempted a VR headset way back in the Genesis era, and the fact a game for it got found and fixed to run on current VR hardware is so cool! It's also crazy to see a game being developed entirely in secret from Capcom JP and then cancelled immediately when Capcom JP learned about it, because Capcom US didn't inform the developers that the game was a secret in the first place. Learning of the games themselves in this video is neat but I ended up more fascinated by what certain companies were doing or behaving like back in the day that I had no idea about.

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - ShiraNoMai - May 29th, 2022

That was a fun video. Nuclear Rush being fixed and operable on modern VR tech was definitely the highlight of that video.

Also learning that California Raisins had huge marketing budgets and did wild things with them was another fascinating thing from that video Suffer

This was super neat. Famous SM64 Hack creator Kaze completely reworked and optimized SM64's source code to run at a smooth 60fps JUST so his hack would run smoothly. Hundreds of hours of work to fix Nintendo's base game. Incredible.

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - Moonface - Jun 1st, 2022

SM64 runs at 20fps normally? I never knew that and I'm surprised I never heard of it before now because 20fps for a game sounds like the perfect thing to criticize regardless of how old the game is. Especially seeing the response to PAL PS1 games running at 25fps instead of NTSC's 30fps. XD

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - Moonface - Aug 2nd, 2022

@Karo: So I didn't realise at the time that the video I shared in this post is actually the next part to that Animal Crossing series. I just found out it was after watching the most recent part, which addresses that Isabelle's Dream is supposed to be the continuation of Town Meeting:

I also saw this originally on Twitter and thought this was hilarious:

ROFL

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 3rd, 2022

The Crash video proves that Alex Jones is good for nothing but being the butt of jokes. LOL

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - Moonface - Aug 23rd, 2022

If no one has seen this gem of a video yet, please indulge yourselves in witnessing some horrific pronunciations of Kamehameha:

I know I've mispronounced a few words from anime that I saw before hearing them, but those were also not anime or words that are common knowledge like anything from Dragonball is. Mellow

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 24th, 2022

The comment the dude who's streaming the clips made at the end is so true. Even if I don't don't like DB, I just never watched but am vaguely familiar with some of the series, ugh, hearing those two pronounce Kamehameha completely wrong HURTS. XD

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 11th, 2022

Oh Tofu, of all the things to make you go viral ROFL

Saw this come up on my timeline this morning and thought it was fucking sick. Beating Malenia, one of the hardest bosses in Elden Ring, with a dance pad of all things! Surprising to see the attempt amount in the double digits. I recall some very stubborn streamers spending 4 entire days trying to beat her.

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - Moonface - Sep 15th, 2022

To achieve that feat in six hours is crazy when there are players who have done speedruns of Bloodborne that got stuck on Malenia for multiple days. I'd take an interest in Mikkaa's attempt at Gideon but I feel like Malenia is one of the hardest bosses in the game, so I feel like any other boss fights with a dance pad in Elden Ring aren't going to really come close in terms of an obstacle to overcome. Not to say it won't be impressive still; I just feel like that video is the peak of anything that could be achieved in Elden Ring with a dance pad.

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - Kyng - Sep 26th, 2022

Recently ran into this in Civilization: Beyond Earth... I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to happen :-/ :

Or are the game's leader personalities just that robotic?

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 29th, 2022

You've gone too far into the future, Kyng. This is our destiny Mellow

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - Moonface - Sep 30th, 2022

@Kyng: Didn't know that game had a Terminator DLC. Tongue

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - Moonface - Oct 11th, 2022

Had YouTube recommend this to me and watched it last night. I've not played SMG2, but I still think this mod/hack is really impressive, especially since it's for a 3D Mario game which I expect is a lot harder to make stuff for compared to 2D Mario. Doubt I'll ever play this since I haven't even finished Sunshine or started SMG1, but thought it was still neat to share. ^_^

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - ShiraNoMai - Oct 12th, 2022

Looks sick! Didn't think people have begun resource modding the SMG games yet, so this was neat to see.

RE: Game Pictures & Videos Thread - Moonface - Nov 24th, 2022

I mentioned this in UCT but figured I'd actually share a photo of the Spyro 2 PVC/Resin figure I got from First 4 Figures yesterday! Grin

[Image: YsI0G3X.jpg]