Universal Gaming
Pokémon: Let's Go - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pokémon: Let's Go (/showthread.php?tid=64)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | Poke Ball Plus Includes Mew - Moonface - Jul 2nd, 2018

Yeah, this game seems to have a lot of similarities with GO. I'm just hoping it doesn't cause changes to battling in all future Pokemon games.

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | Poke Ball Plus Includes Mew - lp0 on fire - Jul 2nd, 2018

(Jul 1st, 2018, 10:24 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I believe all capturing is based on how well you throw the ball relative to some timing based mini-game, with it becoming easier if there are two players. You can use berries to pacify them to make capturing easier too, so there is still a weakening mechanic of sorts, but just done entirely through item use.

mini game
m i n i g a m e

I went from "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!bI actually want to buy a switch for this game" to "Shit this is like Sim City 2K13 part 2 for me"
[Image: wnIaRyJ.gif]

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | Poke Ball Plus Includes Mew - ShiraNoMai - Jul 5th, 2018

I mean, it's not necessarily a mini-game, it's just a timing-based throw. Instead of having to rely on RNG and weakening the Pokemon with status effects and HP drain, you just time your throw for a good chance of a catch. XD

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | Poke Ball Plus Includes Mew - Moonface - Jul 12th, 2018

Explore the World of Pokémon: Let's Go
Get a closer look at Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! for Nintendo Switch! With your Pikachu or Eevee by your side (in your matching outfits!), explore the Kanto region in a whole new way, meet your rival and some familiar faces, and if you want, share your adventure with a friend!

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | World & Features Trailer - queenzelda - Jul 12th, 2018

I don't want to ruin gameplay so I'll skip watching, but zomg I freaking love Misty's design in the video showing there! ♡♡♡<3

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | World & Features Trailer - Moonface - Jul 12th, 2018

Yeah, the art style for this game is really nice. Getting to customise your trainer and partner Pokemon looks neat too, even if the haircuts for the Pokemon look weird to me. XD

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | World & Features Trailer - Mr EliteL - Jul 15th, 2018

The customisation, nice. Agree on the art style, looking good. Do like how they've shown what other Pokémon you can have with you. Hope all if not most will have some kind of use out on the field. Also that they can find items for you too, without you having to search every bush, corner, nook and cranny. I mean that is good and all to do yourself, but having the support Pokémon help out is great. Grin

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | World & Features Trailer - ShiraNoMai - Jul 16th, 2018

This game wants me to buy it so bad, but I just I know I'll be bored and unimpressed with the actual game itself. >.<

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | World & Features Trailer - Moonface - Jul 16th, 2018

Mr EliteL Wrote:
Do like how they've shown what other Pokémon you can have with you.
You can have any Pokemon out with you, regardless of what it is.

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | World & Features Trailer - ShiraNoMai - Jul 16th, 2018

You are able to only have "special" interactions with a select group, though, such as being able to ride on an Arcanine or Onyx, which is still super neat. Still, the following in addition to having a shoulder partner is super cool and another reason this game wants me to buy it >.<

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | World & Features Trailer - Geoffrey - Jul 20th, 2018

Bought LG Pikachu yesterday while it was 20% off on Amazon. Couldn't resist pre-ordering it for the sale price.

Now I just need to buy a Switch. xD

The latest trailers are causing the game to grow on me. I think I can get used to the change in wild encounter mechanics.

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | World & Features Trailer - King Atem - Jul 20th, 2018

Idk, each time I see a trailer I go back to queen's concern that you can only play as a male trainer if you get the Pikachu version or a female trainer if you choose Eevee. I've seen the recent trailer talk about how you can choose to have either a male or female of both Pokemon, but not so much about the trainers if anyone hasn't noticed.. I mean sure, we can assume that the trainers can be changed gender wise, but I'd like confirmation at the very least before I choose either, is my take.

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | World & Features Trailer - Moonface - Jul 22nd, 2018

If they lock the sex of the trainer to each version that's ridiculous and has no good reason to be a thing. It's likely they just use one per game for ease of showing which game is which in trailers.

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | World & Features Trailer - Dragon Lord - Jul 22nd, 2018

I really don't like the whole having to fulfill a requirement to enter a gym. That just seems really stupid to me. Forcing players to have a certain type of Pokemon or having a Pokemon of a high enough level just would kill a lot of the fun of Pokemon games for me. RIP Nuzlocke runs.

RE: Pokémon: Let's Go | World & Features Trailer - Moonface - Jul 22nd, 2018

Yeah, would be better as a tip that can be an optional toggle so players can choose whether to see them for help or not. Why force tutorials onto players that may restrict gameplay when most of the player base will be experienced with Pokemon already.