Universal Gaming
Current/Last Thing You Watched? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Current/Last Thing You Watched? (/showthread.php?tid=74)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Current/Last Thing You Watched? - Nightingale - Jun 10th, 2018

It seems that such a thread doesn't exist here yet, so I'll go ahead and make it Smile

Pretty self-explanatory... tell us what movie you watched last and what you thought of it.

For me, it was Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie.

Honestly... I think that may be the first-ever case of a flick being this hyped that actually delivered. I know my expectations were sky-high, being a long-time fan myself, but man, I adored this.

It's not perfect, but it gets pretty darn close. And I'm very glad to announce that this film gives the series some much-needed closure. Just a really good film to put on and enjoy Smile

What about you?

RE: Last movie you watched? - lp0 on fire - Jun 10th, 2018

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Order 66/100.

It just felt to me that Disney and Kennedy (head of Lucas Films) has no respect for Star Wars. It just like some kid got a hold of The Empire Strikes Back a pair of scissors and some paste. Rearranged some things and made this.
Also What the hell, FUEL, fuel is now a thing?! WTF it has never been an issue in any other Star Wars movie.

I had a huge rant that contained spoilers only to realize there are no spoiler tags <_< as such I shall make the text blue, INGORE BLUE TEXT IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS (but really the movie is that bad IMO you miss nothing if you get spoiled)

RE: Last movie you watched? - Moonface - Jun 10th, 2018

Zootopia
This was on TV last night so decided to watch it. Very good movie actually, especially with the themes of prejudice and profiling and whatnot. I also appreciated it didn't do the typical stuff I expected it to do and actually caught me out a few times. Grin

@Tsu: I saw that movie when it first aired, and it was really good and didn't fall under the weight of its own hype. Definitely a good return and closure at the same time. Smile

RE: Last movie you watched? - Mr EliteL - Jun 10th, 2018

Maleficient

Caught it on BBC1 yesterday. Was better than I expected. I know Jolie was given some notable praise on her performance, and yes she did well. Didn't mind the re-imagining of Sleeping Beauty at all. Apparently there's sequel being made, so I'll watch that whenever it is shown on TV.

Jane Got a Gun

Watched with my sister in two different parts of the day. Didn't know how poor this did for box office, reception, and changes in the cast and directors. So I took it for face value, and wasn't bad at all. An OK western.  I'd give it a 6 or 7/10. So what if bigger names were pulling out, I get it was mess in that way, but don't like it when it seems people only go by who's starring in a movie.

RE: Last movie you watched? - Maniakkid25 - Jun 10th, 2018

Paradox Alice

I wanted to see the movie for so long, and I finally had a job, so I bought it. It started out pretty paint-by-numbers as far as the kind of story it is goes. Then I got an hour in, and...HOO BOY! That was an experience, I will say.

I don't really watch movies or TV anymore. Hell, I don't even use Netflix. So, I haven't really seen anything very recent.

RE: Last movie you watched? - Kyng - Jun 13th, 2018

Paddington 2

It's got a 100% Fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes - and it deserves every one of those positive reviews. It's a fun, heart-warming adventure for all the family (not just kids!)

RE: Last movie you watched? - Nightingale - Jun 14th, 2018

Stalingrad (1993):

I don't know if Germans know how to make movies... but they really do know how to act them.

Beautiful piece about one of the bloodiest battles in history, with a lot of self-criticism as well as a wonderfully-made showcasing platform for the horrors of war. No heroism to be found here, just widespread misery.

HIGHLY recommended.

RE: Last movie you watched? - Mr EliteL - Jun 17th, 2018

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Went to see this with my Dad and sister. Pretty good movie. The start was quite boring until Owen makes his appearance, the remainder of the film was fine though. Dinosaurs looked great, but really Blue is the best. XD Jurassic World was kinda better overall for me though, but this had a few things over that.

RE: Last movie you watched? - Dragon Lord - Jun 18th, 2018

I watched like an hour of Doctor Strange tonight. I'm not much of a movie person, so me actually watching that much of any movie is a pretty big accomplishment. Usually if I start watching a movie, I get bored after about 10 minutes and go back to playing a game.

RE: Last movie you watched? - Moonface - Jun 18th, 2018

(Jun 17th, 2018, 06:05 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Went to see this with my Dad and sister. Pretty good movie. The start was quite boring until Owen makes his appearance, the remainder of the film was fine though. Dinosaurs looked great, but really Blue is the best. XD Jurassic World was kinda better overall for me though, but this had a few things over that.
How would you rank it against all the other Jurassic movies?

RE: Last movie you watched? - Mr EliteL - Jun 18th, 2018

(Jun 18th, 2018, 04:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jun 17th, 2018, 06:05 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
How would you rank it against all the other Jurassic movies?

1. Jurassic World
2. Jurassic Park
3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
4. "Alan." I mean, Jurassic Park 3
5. The Lost World: Jurassic Park 

I'd expect some people would have Park ahead World, but for me I really enjoyed World. Perhaps more so than my kid self enjoying Park. Is ridiculously close between them though. Park 2 is under 3 only because I don't remember much from it. Looking at some images and clips from the trailer and Honest Trailer, I think it's going to stay there for me. XD

Last TV show you watched? - Nightingale - Jun 30th, 2018

This was on the old forum and I think it deserves a comeback Tongue

What did you watch last?

Mine was Hack my Life: I found this one by accident, browsing thru the channels while cooking and, honestly, horrible pun aside, it ain't half-bad!

It's a very small show teaching you neat tricks that may actually get you out of jams in your everyday life (I think I will be using the one to get your keys from inside your locked car soon, knowing my luck Tongue). It's also really funny, with its jokes and comedic moments thrown on an unsuspecting audience and random volunteers. Definitely recommend to at least check it out.

What about you?

RE: Last TV show you watched? - Mr EliteL - Jul 4th, 2018

Wimbledon, Federer vs Lacko. Then a bit of Cilic vs Pella whilst eating dinner, but stopped doing so and that was before the suspension.

For TV Show series, Sanctuary. My sister is watching currently, and I'm just sitting in the same room watching too. On and off, I'm not following it like she is though. Not bad but can't be bothered with it really. XD

RE: Last TV show you watched? - lp0 on fire - Jul 5th, 2018

I currently have MASH playing on my TV for background noise.

RE: Last TV show you watched? - Nightingale - Jul 5th, 2018

A cool little sitcom called Speechless. Only watched two episodes, but it seems fun!