Universal Gaming
Current/Last Thing You Watched? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Current/Last Thing You Watched? (/showthread.php?tid=74)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - May 3rd, 2021

Been watching a few different things. In rough order, I started watching Golden Time (the opening of that anime does not do the show any justice) and I catch each new episode of Boruto as they come out. Also been watching Barb (Twitch) streaming Returnal and when he isn't streaming but I want something on then I was watching his Resident Evil 7 playthrough on YT and last night started his Resident Evil 4 one because I just want to see his reactions to all the ridiculous stuff in that game. XD

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - ShiraNoMai - May 3rd, 2021

^ literal same, but we consume the same content so it's not surprising LOL

How is Invincible, @Mr EliteL ? I've heard very good things about it.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Mr EliteL - May 6th, 2021

NCIS S7 Episodes 13 & 14

(May 3rd, 2021, 10:39 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
How is Invincible, @Mr EliteL ? I've heard very good things about it.

It's very good I thought. I couldn't help but notice the similarities to The Boys but think that may have been why I jumped in to check it out anyway. I haven't read either of what the two are from, so I've been watching free of pre-knowledge of what's going to happen other than things can get messy XD . Invincible has more potential obviously for being a cartoon. If you (anyone in general) have Amazon Prime and have slight interest in super heroes like I do (I'm not a die-hard fan of superheroes) I'd recommend Invincible for sure as a 40-50 minute killer. I think Episode 1's hook was needed to get me properly in though. May have not cared to bother with the rest if it weren't for that.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Maniakkid25 - May 17th, 2021

I...don't know?

Like, this is the video, but after watching it...WHAT EVEN IS THIS?! This is...I don't even know how to describe it. Just watch it for yourself.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - May 17th, 2021

The best I could describe that video is a date rape simulator starring a guy who has as bad gun discipline as he does bad treatment of women. And even then I don't think what I said comes close to doing the video justice. Just utter creepy nonsense that is just waiting to start controversy with people.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Maniakkid25 - May 17th, 2021

Yeah, here's the thing: the plot summary is "your brothet is manager to a Bed and Breakfast. He goes missing suddenly one day. Go out and solve the mystery while also taking care of the guests in the hotel." Did you get ANY of that from that trailer?! No?! Yeah, you can understand my confusion!

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - May 19th, 2021

@Maniakkid25: Ah, so that's why I saw people in the comments talking about a brother. I did also see a comment that maybe there's a twist that you're actually a killer and the option would come up out of nowhere during the scene where you're carrying the drunk woman, and the trailer gives the impression that would happen but the plot outline goes against such a twist.

Last thing I watched was the Sonic the Hedgehog movie last night. I think I'll share my thoughts on it in depth in the thread for that movie since I have a lot to say.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Kyng - May 31st, 2021

Tennis coverage from the French Open. I have a feeling I'm going to be watching a lot of that over the next couple of weeks!

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Mr EliteL - May 31st, 2021

@Kyng : I wasn't watching myself but I heard Daniel Evans (who is the British rep for those who don't know) played brilliantly at the start of his match but it fell apart after he got annoyed or something. What a shame, players shouldn't get like that but it happens. Would've been looking forward to Federer's match today but I'll be at work.

Watched a bit of Savjz last night for only like 40 minutes playing Legends of Runeterra, would've caught it earlier but was playing Scrabble with my mum, sister and friend.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - May 31st, 2021

A Quiet Place Part 2
I haven't seen the first one but knew the plot of it going into this so I still knew what was going on. Incredibly good movie and one of the most tense experiences I've had with any movie. Also watched this at a movie theatre which is the first time I've gone to a movie theatre since I think Detective Pikachu.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - ShiraNoMai - May 31st, 2021

(May 31st, 2021, 02:38 PM)Moonface Wrote:
A Quiet Place Part 2
I haven't seen the first one but knew the plot of it going into this so I still knew what was going on. Incredibly good movie and one of the most tense experiences I've had with any movie. Also watched this at a movie theatre which is the first time I've gone to a movie theatre since I think Detective Pikachu.

We last saw My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising, which aired at the end of February in 2020. It was very cool and I appreciated a mature audience for watching horror movies for once. The last one I saw in theaters was Paranormal Activity 3, and good god everyone was a giant baby. Literally every jump scare was *collective scream*Rolleyes

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Mr EliteL - Jun 3rd, 2021

Geez the collective scream must've ruined the horror experience, but was it more annoying or did it get funny after a while? XD

I haven't been to a cinema since Toy Story 4 I believe.

Last watched NCIS Season 8 episodes 1-3.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - Jun 6th, 2021

A Quiet Place
Figured since I watched the second part that I should see the first. Very good movie, although a lot of the suspense is mired by knowing who lives and who dies because of the cast of part two. I would highly recommend these movies though, they are incredibly well done and definitely the most stressful movies I've watched, but in a good way.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - ShiraNoMai - Jun 6th, 2021

(Jun 3rd, 2021, 07:10 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Geez the collective scream must've ruined the horror experience, but was it more annoying or did it get funny after a while? XD
I literally couldn't take the movie seriously the whole time. I think the one truly scary moment came at the end of the film, when some devil shit started going on. The rest, nah. Nearly bored until that ending came along LOL

Quiet Place is fantastic. I actually liked watching it in reverse order. All the minor connections and foreshadows into the next movie were all present and I was able to figure them all out from having watched in reverse. I definitely found the first one more intense, if nothing else because of the premise of impending pregnancy which equals loud, unavoidable sounds.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Mr EliteL - Jun 6th, 2021

Hungrybox's stream last night when he was videoing himself at Infinity Con 2021. The main stream was down so many people were viewing his stream, Hbox managed to get behind some SSBU matches and record from his phone. The atmosphere and him being at the convention makes me miss being at an event like that myself. I stopped watching when he went offline about 40 mins before he was to play in the tournament, I didn't come back as it was getting late my time.