Universal Gaming
Current/Last Thing You Watched? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Current/Last Thing You Watched? (/showthread.php?tid=74)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Kyng - Nov 21st, 2021

Catchphrase - although, I was only half paying attention to it, to the point where I can't even remember who won, or how well they did in the final round!!!

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - Nov 28th, 2021

(Nov 21st, 2021, 09:45 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Catchphrase - although, I was only half paying attention to it, to the point where I can't even remember who won, or how well they did in the final round!!!
How is that show, assuming it's the new version? I only ever watched the original from the 90's or whenever it was actually made and I don't think the show exists in any form over here in the States. Although a lot of other old game shows the UK had are still going over here.

I've recently been watching "What We Do in the Shadows" on Hulu and it is incredibly good. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who wants a good comedy show to watch, although I feel like calling it a comedy doesn't sell it as well as it could be.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Kyng - Dec 2nd, 2021

(Nov 28th, 2021, 08:33 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Nov 21st, 2021, 09:45 PM)Kyng Wrote:
How is that show, assuming it's the new version? I only ever watched the original from the 90's or whenever it was actually made and I don't think the show exists in any form over here in the States. Although a lot of other old game shows the UK had are still going over here.

I've recently been watching "What We Do in the Shadows" on Hulu and it is incredibly good. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who wants a good comedy show to watch, although I feel like calling it a comedy doesn't sell it as well as it could be.

The new version is quite similar to the old one, except that:

a) The set is different;
b) There are three contestants instead of two (on the non-celebrity versions, there's an initial elimination round to knock one of the contestants out - but in the celebrity versions, they simply do the whole game with all three), and;
c) The Super Catchphrase has changed a little bit. Instead of crossing a 5x5 square, the finalist has to reach the top of a 5-4-3-2-1 triangle. Makes it that bit harder, when they have fewer options to choose from!

Anyway, the last thing I watched was the UK Snooker Championship, where Barry Hawkins is playing Matthew Selt. At time of writing, they've won one frame each (and first to six wins the match, so there's a long way to go yet!)

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Maniakkid25 - Dec 2nd, 2021

Sam (2015? 16? 17?)

I FINISHED IT! It took me, like, a month, but I did it! Holy jesus, what did I even watch?!

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - Dec 4th, 2021

@Kyng: Would you say the catchphrases are still challenging like in the original or did they dumb it down? I know a lot of modern versions of old game shows tend to notably lower the challenge in areas compared to the original, like with Gladiators.

@Maniakkid25: What is that? I tried Googling but "Sam" is a little too broad to really get something. XD

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Maniakkid25 - Dec 4th, 2021

If you google "Sam 2015", you should get results. Its a terrible, terrible movie that was a struggle to get through. Since DA:O is in development hell, expect a video on it soon

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - Dec 4th, 2021

I assume it being really bad is what made you watch it, so how did you hear about it?

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Maniakkid25 - Dec 4th, 2021

Actually, no! One of my viewers on my youtubes recommended it as a GOOD movie! It's just that I need content, so in the pile it goes. *sigh* I suppose I should play more Dragon Age since FFXIV's servers are stuffed to the brim thanks to Endwalker Early Access.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - Dec 5th, 2021

Do you try to only review bad stuff @Maniakkid25 or did you hope to actually get to review a good movie? XD

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Maniakkid25 - Dec 5th, 2021

My channel, by my own admission, is meant for RPGs and TF shit. I don't INTEND to review bad stuff. In fact, most of the stuff in my list are games that I want to play, but are in my backlog for whatever reason! So I did have a small hope that the movie might have been decent, but that hope died when I read the plot synopsis and realized "ah, crap, another fish-out-of-water comedy!"

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - Dec 6th, 2021

Dr. Strange
Hadn't seen this Marvel movie before so watched it for the first time last night, and wow is Strange an utter arsehole in the first half of the movie. XD

As for today, just had Twitch on although I haven't been paying a lot of attention to it.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - Jan 10th, 2022

Awesome Games Done Quick 2022
Wasn't showing a lot of interest in going out of my way to watch any of this but I heard there was a CTR run and I was curious. They're actually showing off some glitches right now which I didn't know about so it's really interesting.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Maniakkid25 - Jan 10th, 2022

A video of Megalovania being performed in the Vatican in front of the Pope. I have SEVERAL questions (and I don't know how to embed tweets, or even if we can, so that's why I didn't)

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Mr EliteL - Jan 10th, 2022

Aww I missed that, they're on to Webbed now, but I'm not fussed I don't particularly really want to watch.

Just watching Savjz play Hearthstone Battlegrounds before I play on PS4.

RE: Last Thing You Watched? - Moonface - Jan 10th, 2022

(Jan 10th, 2022, 08:31 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
A video of Megalovania being performed in the Vatican in front of the Pope. I have SEVERAL questions (and I don't know how to embed tweets, or even if we can, so that's why I didn't)
You can embed a tweet with the following:

Code:
[twitter]URL HERE[/twitter]

I should really look for a way to add clickable buttons for the custom BBCode's that I've written for the board so people a) know they exist and b) can easily use them. Sigh

EDIT: The full reply screen now features buttons that insert the following BBCode's: spoiler, hide, and twitter.

@Mr EliteL: If you can find the vod, I'd suggest catching the glitch showcase at the end because apparently it was found at the beginning of the year. I tried looking for it on YouTube but couldn't find it.