Universal Gaming
Sonic The Hedgehog (Series) - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sonic The Hedgehog (Series) (/showthread.php?tid=766)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Series) | Sonic Superstars Revealed - Moonface - Jun 21st, 2023

Sonic Superstars | Nintendo Direct Trailer
A new trailer for Sonic Superstars was shown duringĀ today's Nintendo Direct, and although nothing notably new was shown we did at least get a little extra insight into the powers of the blue and purple Chaos Emeralds.

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Series) | Sonic Superstars Revealed - Moonface - Oct 17th, 2023

(Jun 18th, 2023, 04:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It looks fantastic. It's all gonna be a matter of how it plays.

The dev has me sketch because I have a history with them. Arzest (Artoon) were the ones that took over Yoshi game development until the home console development for Yoshi games began (2004-2014), namely by Sonic creator Naoto Ohshima, and those games were... well they didn't get the vibe check from me. This being a Sonic instance has a lot in its favor consequently because of his history with Sonic's core concept, so.. the looks will be on point. Just how will the game play? Time will tell. Seems fine so far, though
It seems the general consensus is that this isn't an overall good game and falls short in a lot of ways, and I don't know entirely what they experienced but a Twitch streamer I just put on (NobletOfU) was on the final boss for the Sonic campaign and it looked really, really dull, and I presume this was his first character campaign as he said he isn't touching any of the others and regrets spending $60 on such a poorly made game.
Shame because the initial pitch for Superstars looked so good and promising, but the curse of Sonic Coin Flips™ strikes again it seems.

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Series) - Mr EliteL - Oct 18th, 2023

So disappointing how they just can't make a Sonic game be good still, they really need to hire the people who remade Sonic'06 called P-'06 into an actual good game, I watched a video on it a while ago.

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Series) - Moonface - Nov 11th, 2023

(Oct 18th, 2023, 10:40 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
So disappointing how they just can't make a Sonic game be good still, they really need to hire the people who remade Sonic'06 called P-'06 into an actual good game, I watched a video on it a while ago.
Hadn't read this until now, but I never knew Sonic '06 was given a fan remake. Was it a ground-up style remake or was it modifying the original game? It sounds like the fan rework to Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness that I think is still ongoing that has apparently really revamped that game, although I haven't ever looked into it.

RE: Sonic The Hedgehog (Series) - Mr EliteL - Nov 13th, 2023

A ground-up style done in Unity with changes made to make it play and look better from day setting to gameplay.

This is the video I watched a while ago about it, the first 8 minutes gives you the gist of it then after goes into the story sections and some more.