Universal Gaming
Phasmophobia | 2024 Roadmap and Beyond... - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Phasmophobia | 2024 Roadmap and Beyond... (/showthread.php?tid=787)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Phasmophobia | Console Port Announced - Moonface - Jul 28th, 2023

Somehow never saw this when it got posted three days ago that the upcoming update is being delayed by two weeks:

I'm not too fussed by it since I forgot the update was due at the beginning of August in the first place, plus I've been getting bummed by the radio silence on sneak peaks ever since the console ports were announced so I'm happy to see those are going to start again soon.

RE: Phasmophobia | Console Port Announced - Dragon Lord - Aug 1st, 2023

I'm glad the update was delayed. Hopefully this means more polish and maybe they'll get the performance issues the game has been suffering from lately sorted out as well.

Honestly if I were them, I'd just delay the update to be alongside the console release of the game. Especially since there won't be any cross-save between the ports, so then console wouldn't have to be "playing from behind" since PC players will be 1-2 weeks ahead of them.

RE: Phasmophobia | Console Port Announced - Moonface - Aug 1st, 2023

Yeah looking at the announcement again I'm surprised they didn't just decide to postpone the update to be alongside the console launch, unless they want to spread them a little to iron out bugs in the update without also worrying about any bugs in the console releases (probably huffing copium for that being the reason).

I'm a little tempted to try playing a few games again before the update drops just to re-familiarize myself with the game in general so I don't go into the update having to learn new things while also remembering old things. Plus it would be nice to have a fresh memory of how things were to see how different anything that gets changed actually feels.

RE: Phasmophobia | Console Port Announced - Dragon Lord - Aug 1st, 2023

If you want some company while playing, hit me up. I'd also like to refresh myself on the game. Plus I've been dying to do some games with friends for a while now. Of course it'd have to be either in the morning after I get home from work on any day, or Sunday/Monday night, but if there's any of those times that works for you, just let me know.

I still need to try to get myself to go for the Apocalypse challenge before the update as well... though I think the only way I'm going to get that any time soon is if I just cheese it with a Deogen, haha.

RE: Phasmophobia | Console Port Announced - Moonface - Aug 2nd, 2023

Oh I had zero plans of playing the game solo. I tried that one time and it was horrible, I just don't have the stomach for this game in solo even after playing so much with you guys. XD
I might be able to play Sunday morning. If not I'll just say as much in this post or another one.

The Apocalypse challenge is solo right? That would be maybe the only thing I'd force myself to do the game solo for but I have no idea how to even begin trying to tackle that challenge. Nooo

RE: Phasmophobia | Console Port Announced - Dragon Lord - Aug 5th, 2023

I'd definitely love to play some tomorrow morning. Definitely been too long since I had some fun with friends and I'm in major need of a good time. I think it'd be really fun to try and challenge ourselves with some difficult games before the big update comes and changes a lot of how the game works.

RE: Phasmophobia | Console Port Announced - Moonface - Aug 5th, 2023

I'm still good for tomorrow so I just need to check my game doesn't have any small updates it needs so that I don't have to wait on anything tomorrow. LOL

RE: Phasmophobia | Console Port Announced - Moonface - Aug 14th, 2023

Phasmophobia | Developer Previews #12-14
Somehow I completely missed these three developer previews that dropped after the announcement of the console port, so here's everything from each of those previews:

General
  • Money and experience are now tied together. Earning $100 will equate to earning 100XP.
  • Each level's required experience increases as you level, and that amount increases further the closer you get to level 100. For example; you'll need 100xp to get from level 1 to 2, but over 5000xp to get from level 99 to 100.
  • You can choose to prestige at level 100, or continue to level up to a maximum of 999.
  • When you prestige, it will reset your money, level and equipment, in favour of gaining an additional Loadout Slot, a new unique badge and title for your ID card, and a new patch for your player's arm.
  • Some items will be labelled as [CONSUMABLE], meaning that using them in a contract will require you to buy the item again upon returning to the lobby.
ID Cards
  • The platform you are playing on is displayed in the top left of the card's banner.
  • Before your level is a Roman numeral, displaying your current prestige.
  • The Experience bar is now coloured to match the selected ID card theme, and is wider.
  • There are now two slots for badges!
  • Preview
  • A new "edit" button has been added to the top right of the ID card, you can click this at any time while in the Lobby to edit how your ID card looks. Clicking this button will open a new window for you to make changes, and clicking it again will save it.
  • The first list is a choice of your unlocked prestige badges. This allows you to display a badge that isn't necessarily the current prestige you are in, perfect if you just want to progress through the ranks, but don't like a certain prestige's badge or colours. You can even choose to not display a badge at all!
  • The second list holds your 'Special' Badge, these could be roles that you have such as being an Official Content Creator, part of the Discord Staff, or just an event badge that you've earned from a seasonal challenge (such as Easter). Similar to the prestige slot, you can opt to display no badge in this slot too.
  • Lastly, you can choose your ID theme, the two options available will be based on the two badges that you currently have equipped. Picking one of these will theme your ID card with the matching colours and title for that badge!
  • Preview
Salt
  • Tier I is the Ghost Huntin' Salt shaker, it can place two piles per canister, and you can bring three canisters into each contract. The Footprints created by stepping in this pile will act in the same way as fingerprints for that ghost e.g. an Obake may leave fewer footprints than other ghosts!
  • Tier II is a wooden container filled with a special pink Himalayan Salt. With its larger capacity, you can place three piles down, but instead of a small spot, you can place a line of salt, perfect for blocking doorways or corridors.
  • Tier III is a glass bottle filled with a custom blend of Black Salt that has been blessed.
    • If a ghost steps in this during its passive state, it will be repelled back the way it came. Allowing you to effectively trap a ghost in its room if you place the salt correctly.
    • During the ghost's hunting state; if a ghost passes through this special salt, it will be slowed down considerably for a short time.
Parabolic Microphone
  • Tier I is a small, affordable parabolic microphone. Turning it on will equip the player with a set of headphones, muffling the world around them. When the parabolic microphone picks up a sound with its long range, it will be played through the headphones allowing the player to hear it clearly. Preview
  • Tier II is an improved version adding a small display screen. With a larger sound amplifying dish and improved sensor, this Para-mic can pick up sounds at a longer range, as well as displaying the combined volume reading for each sound. Preview
  • Tier III is able to visually display exactly where the sound is coming from on its 'sonar-style' display. Additionally, each individual sound spot on the screen will display its volume, perfect for those noisy environments with multiple sounds playing at once. Preview
Video Cameras
  • Tier I is an old camcorder that Ghost Huntin' Distribution found in the attic of the old office. It's small and a bit beaten up, but it does the job just fine. Preview
  • Tier II is the Parasonic video camera. HD video is finally here and it makes finding orbs so much easier. Sadly it still gets a lot of interference from an active ghost. Preview
  • Tier III is Bony's very own movie-grade video camera. It's large body supports a much larger screen, featuring a much clearer video feed and less interference from ghost apparations. Preview
Tripods
  • Tier I has seen better days, its rough plastic and scratched legs don't make it the sturdiest of Tripiods, but it's much better than leaving a camera lying around. Preview
  • Tier II is newer, fresh out of the packaging. It features a small motorised attachment where you can place your Video Camera. You can then head back to the safety of the Truck and rotate your Video Camera without the fear of getting jumped by a lurking ghost. Preview
  • Tier III has the same motorised attachment, but the Tripod itself is much sturdier. It's made of a strong metal, features sturdier feet-mounts, and is almost impossible to knock over by paranormal effects. If you want to come back to your Video Cameras still standing, this is the Tripod for you. Preview

RE: Phasmophobia | Developer Previews #12-14 - Moonface - Aug 15th, 2023

Phasmophobia | Ascension Update Launches on August 17
Well it looks like the previews I posted yesterday will be the last we get before the update drops, as the developers announced today that the Ascension update will go live in just two days from now, bringing with it all the new equipment, levelling system and more!

I'm so glad I randomly decided to check the Steam page for the game to see if any more news had dropped since making my post yesterday, as I would have likely been unaware of this news otherwise. Not sure if I'll have a little look at the new things myself on Thursday or wait until I play a session with anyone here who also plays the game.
I also hope the update makes the game more stable so @Mr EliteL can play without crashing all the time.

RE: Phasmophobia | Ascension Update Launches Aug. 17 - Mr EliteL - Aug 16th, 2023

The higher tier Salt sounds good for being something else to deter/hold back ghosts during a hunt and not just relying on only Smudge Sticks to bail you out, wondering if Tier II is similar as it can be placed as a line to block, but obviously not make them turn around.

So the big update is finally upon us, suppose I'll get to see if it works fine or not for me.

RE: Phasmophobia | Ascension Update Launches Aug. 17 - Dragon Lord - Aug 16th, 2023

It'll be interesting to see if the Tier III salt is something you can put down in a hurry on the run. If so, you might be able to save it to do some gamer moves on the ghost. Have a ghost that's just about to catch up and grab your booty? Quickly throw a line of salt down and put some distance between you and the ghostie.

It'll be interesting to see if the Wraith is completely immune to the effects of the Tier III salt. That would actually be a great advantage for it to have over other ghosts.

Sad that feet pics won't be easy money any more. Though I do agree with the change they made. There's some areas of certain maps where fingerprints are almost impossible to get because there's nothing for the ghost to touch. Making it so footprints are now an evidence left behind by only fingerprint ghosts will solve that issue, which needed to be solved a long time ago.

I like that money and exp are tied together now. It's going to encourage players to go after side objectives, take proper photos (each wasted photo will now cost you money and experience), and to be more thorough in each game.

RE: Phasmophobia | Ascension Update Launches Aug. 17 - Moonface - Aug 17th, 2023

I wonder if the Tier 3 Tripod is worth bothering with or not, since all it offers is less chance of it falling over but unless that's a new mechanic introduced in this update I've never seen a ghost knock one over.

I haven't updated my game yet but I plan to just to go through the new tutorial and see how everything works without doing it in a live game. I've seen a few reports of crashing happening since the update dropped so hopefully none of us get that and if we do then the developers will be able to resolve that bug quickly.

RE: Phasmophobia | Ascension Update Launches Aug. 17 - Dragon Lord - Aug 17th, 2023

The ghost knocking over the tripod is now in the game, yes. Although like any other interactions of the ghost, it's just all up to chance on whether or not it happens. I think they can also tip it, but not knock it over. Guess it depends on whether or not the tripod is placed in a path the ghost might walk (like putting it in the doorway of its room).

I haven't played the update yet at all, but I found out what the Tier 2 and Tier 3 head-mounted cameras do, and holy crap are they GOOD.

Tier 2 - Has an attached flashlight, making it so you no longer need to carry a flashlight as one of your three items.

Tier 3 - Has attached night vision goggles, completely negating the need for a source of light at all

Definitely a couple of items I'll want to get upgraded ASAP, haha.

RE: Phasmophobia | Ascension Update Launches Aug. 17 - Moonface - Aug 17th, 2023

Oh shit those might be among the best Tier additions to the game! The only downside I see for Tier 3 is no flashlight means your sanity will drop faster, but it could be good on large maps where the flashlight isn't able to cast light through an entire hallway or room, if the night vision goggles do allow for seeing everything in a large unlit space. I also hope the night vision can be toggled otherwise it'll be really painful walking into a lit area. XD

Tier 2 headset is definitely going to be something I aim for though, just because I could potentially ignore the flashlight upgrades for a while in favour of a headset that has one built-in and frees up one of my slots.

RE: Phasmophobia | Ascension Update is Live! - Dragon Lord - Aug 17th, 2023

Flashlights don't prevent your sanity from dropping, so that's not an issue. The only light sources that will prevent your sanity from dropping are the lights in the house or a candle. If you stand in a dark room with a flashlight, your sanity is still going to tank.

They are definitely the best upgrades though, because they bring something people have been asking for in this game -- flashlight not eating up one your equipment slots. That's why a lot of people (myself included) try to learn to navigate places in the dark, so we can drop our flashlights at the ghost room and get out of the building to bring in three items at once instead of two. A little harder to do on maps like High School, Prison or Sunny Meadows unless you're extremely experienced with the game and every map (like Insym for example), but usually ends up being worth the attempt since time is normally not on your side in this game.

I also found out that the Tier 3 Crucifix does indeed have a larger range than the other Tiers, but not only that, you can use and unused Tier 3 Crucifix to stop a Cursed Hunt, at the cost of consuming both of its uses. While it might sound bad in theory because you're trading the entire Crucifix to stop a single hunt, this can actually be huge. If it works in stopping the hunt from the Summoning Circle, that means you get a free ghost picture. Same thing with the music box. Start the music box, get closer to the ghost, set the music box on the floor and then throw a fresh T3 Cruci next to it and you get a free ghost photo and the Cursed Hunt will be prevented.

Even outside of that though, having an even larger range on it for normal use is going to be big. Especially against Demons who already suffer a penalty of the Crucifix working against them in a larger than normal range.