Universal Gaming
Jump Force - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Jump Force (/showthread.php?tid=79)

Pages: 1 2

Jump Force - Mr EliteL - Jun 10th, 2018

A Shounen Jump crossover game has once again resurfaced, but not quite clear on what it is by the trailer. Heroes vs Villians so far as Naruto, Luffy and Goku fight Freiza, who had been attacking a city. Unknown if he was alone doing it, but there were different kind of guests at the end of the announcement trailer - Light and Ryuk.

Yeah, I was wondering if this game was going to be only a Naruto/One Piece/Dragon Ball crossover. Death Note proved that wrong. Now I'm wondering if this is going to be just an online only game, not for consoles. Or if it will be another Fighting game, or an Action game. By the narrator though, the game will have teams or team mechanic? Hoping there is a proper story, judging by what the narrator says too.

RE: Jump Force - Moonface - Jul 2nd, 2018

Jump Force Gets Bleach'ed
Bandai Namco have announced that Ichigo, Rukia, and Aizen from popular shonen anime/manga Bleach are coming to Jump Force.
As mentioned in the tweet above, a new Hong Kong stage has also been shown for the game.

RE: Jump Force | Bleach Characters Confirmed - Mr EliteL - Jul 4th, 2018

Good, and the right characters from Bleach too. Oh man, they've gone with chair Aizen too (unfortunately not in said chair). ROFL  Probably going to be the only ones from the series, so get them all out the way in one go, since there's bound to be more from the others that have only two each so far. Rukia better be actually playable and not support. Don't think it's been fully confirmed, because judging by the shot of Ichigo and Rukia, could be some kind of win/joint attack pose with a playable and support character. I know it says on the Dragon Ball wiki, so hope it's true. Needs more female playable characters, since Victory Vs had like 3 out of 39. 1/13, c'mon.

Sweet Hong Kong stage. Grin

Now I need to wait for Gintoki and Kagura please. They need to happen. Preferrably through a video reveal. Glare

RE: Jump Force | Bleach Characters Confirmed - ShiraNoMai - Jul 5th, 2018

I'll probably watch this game from afar, but judging off the last Jump All-Stars style games, I'm not into the style of 3D fighter they have going for over here, i.e. Dragonball Tenkaichi. Still, I've always loved the idea of a crossover fighting game with the Shonen Jump characters. I preferred the 2D style more, actually XD

RE: Jump Force | Bleach Characters Confirmed - Moonface - Jul 5th, 2018

I prefer the 2D style too just because that's how all the characters look and so it feels more faithful to not use 3D. I guess if the arenas are a 3D space though then it can't be helped.

I could probably ignore the art style so long as the game plays well.

RE: Jump Force | Gamescom Trailer - Mr EliteL - Aug 22nd, 2018

Jump Force Gamescom 2018 Trailer

More characters join the roster, with other from the series revealed so far. Vegeta, Blackbeard, Sanji and Sabo, plus Hunter x Hunter's Gon and Hisoka. Planet Namek from the Dragonball series is a new stage, and an area shown at the end is apparently an online lobby plus a player avatar stands there.

RE: Jump Force | Gamescom Trailer - Moonface - Sep 14th, 2018

Yugi Confirmed Playable
Bandai Namco have announced that Yu-Gi-Oh!'s Yugi will be playable in Jump Force.

[Image: DnCizTmW0AAAgB0.jpg:small]

RE: Jump Force | Yugi Confirmed Playable - Dragon Lord - Sep 14th, 2018

Wow, and I thought that the recent Smash character reveals were bad. This makes Isabella look... well, still awful, but not as bad as it did before. Yugi doesn't fit in a fighting game any way you look at it.

Y I K E S

RE: Jump Force | Yugi Confirmed Playable - Mr EliteL - Sep 14th, 2018

Surprised to see Yugi joining. Then again he was in Ultimate Stars as a playable character, which I forgot about when I first saw this moments ago. XD

Trying to tell if it's eliminate all three team opponent characters or just one in order to win.

RE: Jump Force | Yugi Confirmed Playable - Moonface - Sep 21st, 2018

Jump Force Collector's Edition, Season Pass, and Closed Beta Announced
Bandai Namco has announced a Collector's Edition, Season Pass, pre-order bonuses and dates for a closed beta for Jump Force.

The Collector's Edition will cost $260, and includes the following:
  • 30cm tall diorama statue featuring Goku, Luffy, and Naruto
  • Three art boards
  • Steelbook case
  • Several other non-disclosed exclusive items
  • Physical copy of the game
[Image: XVM9FmJ.jpg]

Pre-ordering Jump Force will give you three exclusive costumes, and Frieza's Hover Pod, which can be used as a lobby vehicle:

[Image: SuUvtVD.jpg]

The Jump Force Season Pass will add nine new characters. Those characters and the price of the season pass have yet to be announced.

Finally, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players can register for a closed beta, taking place on October 12th until October 14th. Registration is open now and lasts until October 7th: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/jump-force-closed-beta

RE: Jump Force | Collector's Edition - Mr EliteL - Sep 22nd, 2018

Here's the TGS Trailer, showing Killua and Kirapika from Hunter X Hunter, plus Yusuke and Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho join the game.

That's a sweet Collector's Edition with that diorama of all three of the big Shounen Jump characters. Imagine if instead Luffy and Naruto were wearing their cloaks. Would look even better. Although really whole edition is about those three. Mistook the boards as three separate artbooks for some reason. XD

Learned by watching one of the gameplay videos now available that the health bar is shared between the team, and not individual. Kinda feel disappointed, but I suppose it keeps matches from going on too long. Then again I still don't know if I'll get this yet, just watching what happens with the game.

RE: Jump Force | Collector's Edition - Dragon Lord - Sep 22nd, 2018

The character models in this game are so... bad. I'm not usually one that brings up bad graphics/character models, but the ones in this game are just so ugly.

RE: Jump Force | Collector's Edition - Moonface - Oct 5th, 2018

(Sep 22nd, 2018, 08:08 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
The character models in this game are so... bad. I'm not usually one that brings up bad graphics/character models, but the ones in this game are just so ugly.
I'd go one further to say the problem is the games art style. It just doesn't match its source material in any way, and the characters don't translate well to it. I get reminded of those fan made Unreal Engine videos where realism takes favour over artistic approach.

RE: Jump Force | Collector's Edition - Mr EliteL - Oct 5th, 2018

I pretty much agree with you both now, or recently. Well, was weird seeing it for the reveal, and did look too much like a fan made Unreal Engine game. I got my hopes up a bit much for what the game could be, which isn't going in the direction I thought. I like the idea of these characters being in new places, but may be going overboard into the realism side. Too far would be turning them into people we see every day, so at the moment I don't mind too much with the art style. Have been put off by the 1 on 1 gameplay though.

Here's Yami Yugi in action though:

The first location in the TGS trailer looked cool, not sure about this bridge stage though. Just dumping Madara and Hashirama's statues around it. Unfortunately gameplay not actually fighting on the bridge though.

RE: Jump Force | Collector's Edition - Moonface - Oct 5th, 2018

Gameplay wise it hasn't done anything to push me on either side of the fence. As for the statues on the bridge, maybe they're there because the premise of the game is everyone got dragged in together into the real world, and so locations are also overlapping. I expect the real world aspect is what inspired the art style now too thinking about it. However, I would rather that be conveyed through the environments, rather than the art style, so that something more fitting could've been used.