Universal Gaming
How Was Your Day/Week? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: How Was Your Day/Week? (/showthread.php?tid=811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Dec 3rd, 2021

(Nov 30th, 2021, 06:05 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is the hairdryer for you or someone else? I dunno why but I can't quite picture you being the type to need a hairdryer LOL

For myself, well to share with my mother as the old one was my sister's, she let us use it, but she stopped using needing a hairdryer as she chooses to let her hair dry naturally. When I have short hair I do like to have it dry quick after a wash, so use one for that. Although right now my hair has not been cut since...May or something so yeah, I need a hairdryer. XD I usually get a haircut every 6 months so should've been early November but I've chosen not at the moment.

My day and week has been OK, full of work. Even on the days I only did 4 hours I was tired as heck after, although I did struggle to get enough sleep first three nights for some reason, well I do know one night's reason in that I just could not shut off my mind thinking about....life as you do. One more 10 hour shift until I get a full day off before I do it all again next week.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Dec 9th, 2021

As I said in UCT, I finished my final exam so I'm officially done with class for this semester so my day today has been pretty decent considering that. Grin
As for my week, I feel like it's been rather uneventful since the weekend. Errm

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Dec 27th, 2021

Well, my day went from feeling low but having something to look forward to to just being awful. I was supposed to see a movie with friends and the drink I ordered broke open and spilled all over me so I can't finish the movie in my state. I'm currently sitting at the top of an abandoned parking lot just feeling sorry for myself at this point...

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Dec 27th, 2021

What the hell?! That's awful. Sad

Did you order the drink mid-way through the film or before? Damn, I suppose there's a lesson there, bring a spare change of clothes, yikes. Something you'd hope not need to do ever.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Jan 2nd, 2022

(Dec 27th, 2021, 10:52 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
What the hell?! That's awful. Sad

Did you order the drink mid-way through the film or before? Damn, I suppose there's a lesson there, bring a spare change of clothes, yikes. Something you'd hope not need to do ever.
Oh it's even better than us just ordering the food and drinks to be delivered during the movie. We all ordered our stuff online an hour before the movie start time so we could just pick it up at the counter and go straight in without waiting, and when we get there 85 minutes after that order is placed nothing is ready, so we get told to just go in and they'll bring it to us when it's ready.

This is at 7:20. We don't get the stuff brought to us until nearly 8:00, and all we ordered collectively was hotdogs, fried chicken, popcorn, and drinks. Nothing that takes long to prepare and certainly shouldn't have taken that long when it already wasn't ready for pickup. We have food and drinks for a party of five, placed into two paper bags. Cue me and @ShiraNoMai trying to get the stuff out of these bags without making too much noise because the movie is now playing and paper bags aren't exactly quiet. It's also obviously dark so we can't see a thing in the bags and have to feel for what's in each. While my hands are trying to pull out a popcorn, Shira pulls out two of the drinks in a flimsy cardboard holder and just as it gets out the top of the bag she feels the handle start to tear. Before I can even react to help the whole thing breaks and although she manages to save one, the other soda falls straight into my lap and about a liter of Coke covers me from the middle of the waist down to my shoes.

I leave to get help because what else can I do, and the manager or whatever position this idiot has tells me that all they can do is clean the seat. Gives the poor usher a single napkin to clean this mess up which isn't enough, so he has to grab more paper towel to deal with it. He cleans the seat but I'm soaked and freezing cold, plus the Coke is starting to get sticky on me and after the iffy day I'd already been having, I just had enough and left, and shortly after that is when my previous post was made.

No, there was zero refunds or apologies. The best I got was the guy blaming us for it because we didn't hold the drinks from the bottom, as if we would expect to need to do that nor could we anyway because they were inside a bag you couldn't get your hand down the side of to get beneath the drinks anyway. Errm

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Jan 3rd, 2022

What utter bastards they were, not the usher unless they got in on the blaming you guys too. Ridiculous nothing was ready and they expected you to deal with your order in the dark, late into the film. Will you be using that cinema again or is there another you can go to?

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Jan 3rd, 2022

The upper management guy was the only one being an idiot. Everybody else involved all agreed it was being handled stupidly the second they were told a single napkin could clean up a liter of drink. Unfortunately everyone who found it dumb has no say in what happens so even if they wanted to do more for me they simply couldn't.

There's plenty around but the lesson going forward is not to let them deliver shit during the movie. Although even if that did happen again next time I'd lift each drink out individually and not in the holder. At least then I know it's secure.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Jan 20th, 2022

Yeah that situation was hella fucked. I have a slight concern now when holding cupholders like that these days, ngl ROFL

Day was relatively fine til Mars was brought into the equation. Had his bout of pancreatic flare ups like he sometimes does with his condition, but he seemed more off tonight than usual and I didn't like that so, at the 24/7 vet hospital right now. Seems like it was just that after all. He never seemed feverish or extremely uncomfortable before so this was new.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Jan 21st, 2022

(Jan 20th, 2022, 05:52 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Day was relatively fine til Mars was brought into the equation. Had his bout of pancreatic flare ups like he sometimes does with his condition, but he seemed more off tonight than usual and I didn't like that so, at the 24/7 vet hospital right now. Seems like it was just that after all. He never seemed feverish or extremely uncomfortable before so this was new.
Alas, it was not just that because our poor boy has had to go into kitty hospital for the next four days for tests. So far no tests have come back with grave news and I hope it stays that way.

My day today has been rather eh, although so has my whole week. I just can't stop feeling stressed and overwhelmed and after today it's just getting to a point where I can't view anything positively or focus on that over negative views. It's not helped that it's also affecting my self confidence and my sleep too so overall not great. I really hope I can get a day that lets me just unwind properly or something. x.x

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Karo - Jan 22nd, 2022

Me too for your kitty sake!

Is there anything you'd like to talk about to relief some stress Moony? I hope you get a day to unwind properly soon and all my other friends here cause it never hurts to take a day to unwind really. o.o

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Jan 22nd, 2022

We played some Minecraft tonight and had a simple Chipotle dinner. Hoping that got him to chill a little before sleep tonight. Smile

I'm ready for life to stop throwing eggs at my head while I'm trying to focus on self-improvement. Like, really, please.

[Image: 627z3s.jpg]

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Karo - Jan 22nd, 2022

Keep up the self improvement Nikki even if it get rough it'll be worth it in the end! Grin I'm glad you two had a good time tonight I'm sure you both could of used it!

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Jan 22nd, 2022

Thanks Karo. I'll do my weigh in tomorrow but as of last Saturday I'm 154.4, down from 191.5 in late April 2021. Feeling good ^_^

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Jan 22nd, 2022

Mars, boy, you be OK now! Return to them safely and with no bad news, please! I sincerely hope both of you get some kind of good period where nothing bad happens, geez. Hang in there!

Today was fine. A not so busy Saturday for once in quite a while. Cool that I got to finish my normal time today then. Need to get a good night sleep though, I try to play Genshin but have trouble focusing then having to turn it off so I can fight to stay awake. As much as a nap could help, I dislike taking them. Also note to self: Don't cook 280g of rice for yourself. I knew it was stupid, I even added 30g because I couldn't be bothered to remove that much from the weight, but wanted to know how to cook the recommended amount on the pack because I need to use the rice up, which I bought in January last year. 250g for 4 people, but I go "Yup all for me then". ROFL Like, 60-80g will do but I know that now. I say that but I'll do 100g next time. XD What I made though is still pretty good. LOL

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Feb 1st, 2022

(Jan 22nd, 2022, 02:09 AM)Karo Wrote:
Is there anything you'd like to talk about to relief some stress Moony? I hope you get a day to unwind properly soon and all my other friends here cause it never hurts to take a day to unwind really. o.o
I never noticed this post back at the time, but my therapist thinks a large part of what was/is stressing me more lately is the borderline if not outright PTSD I got from university ten years ago. The fact I could describe everything negative that happened back then in incredibly precise detail was concerning to her and she said that I need to find a way to come to terms with it and let it go instead of letting it continue to control me so badly.

(Jan 22nd, 2022, 09:12 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
 As much as a nap could help, I dislike taking them. Also note to self: Don't cook 280g of rice for yourself. I knew it was stupid, I even added 30g because I couldn't be bothered to remove that much from the weight, but wanted to know how to cook the recommended amount on the pack because I need to use the rice up, which I bought in January last year. 250g for 4 people, but I go "Yup all for me then". ROFL Like, 60-80g will do but I know that now. I say that but I'll do 100g next time. XD What I made though is still pretty good. LOL
I dislike naps too. Well, I like them, but I hate the prospect of losing free time in my day to sleeping when it's unlikely I'll gain back equal or more of the time than I spent sleeping for that nap. Errm

As for the rice, you could've just taken what you wanted from what you cooked and then just saved the rest in a Tupperware container to reheat later in the microwave. Wink

My day today has been sullied by a cracker of a tooth ache because my wisdom tooth has decided to be a real bastard all of a sudden since yesterday. I tried to find an emergency dentist I could see tonight to relieve the pain but despite all saying they're 24 hours, I get "Oh we can't take walk-ins right now, we can see you Friday though?" Uh, no I'm kinda calling because it's an emergency that I need dealing with ASAP. Rolleyes
I did get somewhere that can see me in the morning which is better than nothing but it sucks I'll have to endure this until then. So far painkillers haven't worked and trying to chew anything is incredibly taxing. Doh