Universal Gaming
How Was Your Day/Week? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: How Was Your Day/Week? (/showthread.php?tid=811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Feb 2nd, 2022

The tupperware idea did cross my mind for a second, but I was too "I can do this! It's only rice!" to seriously consider saving for the next day. XD If I do a big amount, but I won't ever do what I did that day for myself ever again, I will preserve what I can't manage then. XD

Yeesh, do you know what caused your tooth pain, if you got any idea that is? Hope you've had the check up and whatever was needed to help.

I again needed I nap today but refused. I seemed to be more tired for a 7-hour shift than I usually am, so better make sure I get an early night. Monday was a good work day, today was fine. Yesterday I didn't want to do anything, not even Genshin kept my attention as I knew there was more I could do on there, but I just stopped. May my usual day off tomorrow I'm willing to do more activity.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Feb 3rd, 2022

(Feb 2nd, 2022, 07:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeesh, do you know what caused your tooth pain, if you got any idea that is? Hope you've had the check up and whatever was needed to help.
As mentioned in UCT the tooth got pulled. The tooth was cracked and infected so my nerves in it were exposed, and because wisdom tooth are connected directly to your jaw bone unlike regular teeth that caused any pain in that tooth to shoot through the entire right side of my head.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Feb 3rd, 2022

I should be like my coworker and take a power nap during shift. I miss taking naps. Used to be so helpful after morning classes in college.

It's been a trying January, so I'm trying to get into February with less issues and more positive energy than last month showed up with. Works been kicking my ass lately too. Ugh. I may take off more days than I initially thought to in March for AEW.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Feb 9th, 2022

My day today was okay I guess. Despite going to bed early last night I was incredibly tired today, and I should've really put a dent into my homework that's due tomorrow instead of leaving it all until tomorrow morning but the motivation isn't there and I don't really see any point in forcing myself to do it when I know I won't put anything together and instead just beat myself up. Eh

I guess since @ShiraNoMai did it, I'd say my January was overall rather rough. Spent a lot of it feeling mentally awful but hopefully I can get a handle on it somewhat this month.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Feb 9th, 2022

I think that was a smart choice, Moony. Smile

My head feels like it's in 20 places today. Had a hard time focusing at work a bit, but managed to kick myself into gear towards the end. Hoping for a better tomorrow as well Smile

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Feb 9th, 2022

Hope your day today is much better than yesterday, both of you.

My brother has tested positive today for covid so that's totally fantastic. Really hope he has the kind that recovers quickly, most certainly not the kind that could make him bedridden or go to hospital.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Feb 10th, 2022

Wishing the best for your brother. If you don't mind me asking, has he been vaxxed and all that?

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Feb 10th, 2022

Yes, as his partner has a vulnerable condition that she must not catch it, so he got all vaccinated early on every occasion. He's the kind of person who would've followed that even if she wasn't, so I'm sure he's taking the necessary precautions to avoid spreading anything on to her. He just happened to be one of the unlucky ones that did everything to stay safe but still caught it. Eh

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Maniakkid25 - Feb 11th, 2022

I'd say my day is going pretty f***ing terrible. I got called that I was late for my shift, because I thought I was working at 3 PM, not 630 AM. And I've only had 3 hours of sleep. Yeah, I am not a happy camper, and I'm still on shift until 315 PM.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Feb 12th, 2022

(Feb 11th, 2022, 07:32 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I'd say my day is going pretty f***ing terrible. I got called that I was late for my shift, because I thought I was working at 3 PM, not 630 AM. And I've only had 3 hours of sleep. Yeah, I am not a happy camper, and I'm still on shift until 315 PM.
Ugh fuck that. By your wording I presume they didn't originally have you for 3pm and then edited the shift time?

@Mr EliteL: I hope your brother feels better soon! I think even with being vaccinated everyone should still expect to potentially get Covid in some form sooner or later. Seems about as inevitable as getting a cold or flu at this point and the only thing you can control is whether it dumps you in the hospital or the morgue.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Maniakkid25 - Feb 13th, 2022

(Feb 12th, 2022, 02:40 AM)Moonface Wrote:
(Feb 11th, 2022, 07:32 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ugh fuck that. By your wording I presume they didn't originally have you for 3pm and then edited the shift time?

They did not! I'm just a friggin' idiot is all!

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Feb 13th, 2022

Aww, shame because at least then you could've had a way to shift the blame from yourself. I hope the shift wasn't too rough for you. Sad

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Feb 14th, 2022

Eh, it happens to all of us. We're only human after all. It's why I prefer things with set schedules cuz that scheduling anxiety is very annoying >.< Hope all went well for you in the end!

Hoping for a good week. Feeling like no matter what I do, I can't catch up with things. Pacing myself with one thing at a time helps me deal with it but I don't feel like it's been solving the ongoing "things are backing up" issue. Like plugging holes in a sinking ship: you can only plug so many in at a time, meanwhile the rest of the ship is still getting flooded cuz those other holes aren't being tended to. Shock

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Feb 14th, 2022

Thanks Moony, and thanks to Shira too forgot to do that. So far he hasn't needed to go to hospital yet so hoping that'll keep that way and he's on the right track to recovery without needing to go anywhere. My mum had a bit of a scare as she was with a friend for a short period yesterday who had tested positive afterwards (the friend was out the night before), but my mum tested negative this morning.

Worked yesterday so couldn't properly start my time off until after that shift, as I was in to purely work flowers for VD. Today stayed in, haven't done much but may go out tomorrow to stretch my legs. If I don't, I am going out Thursday at least and need to do shopping so I won't be stuck in all week. Injured my right wrist Saturday, had to put more weight on my left and that begun hurting too. Doubt my right is broken, just swollen and hurts when moved in certain ways/angles so I'm happy I have the week to keep it from doing too much.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Feb 15th, 2022

I'd be surprised if he has to go the hospital if he's vaccinated @Mr EliteL, since I've never heard of anyone who is vaccinated needing hospital treatment. I thought I might have had Covid over the weekend but the test I did came back negative so guess I was just feeling unwell from something else. Tongue

So far my week has been rough. I find my patience level is in the gutter and the instant anything isn't going how I'd like it to I get incredibly annoyed at the situation. My mind wants to just say "fuck it" to everything and not do it but deep down I know that won't help in the long run. Rolleyes