Universal Gaming
How Was Your Day/Week? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: How Was Your Day/Week? (/showthread.php?tid=811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Jul 10th, 2023

(Jul 3rd, 2023, 07:53 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
That being said, I have been advised during the reception hours that I will be bridesmaid again for two other friends (separately) so, the madness continues for whenever they decide to get hitched themselves ROFL
I'm fortunately expecting to not be a groomsman again for a while if at all since any of our friends who get married here going forward will likely be hitched with someone who we don't really know much beforehand and will therefore likely have their own friends to pick from. I don't mind though; it means I might get the luxury of actually attending a cocktail hour for once. XD

@Maniakkid25: I feel like Publix will never get a working vacuum cleaner in any store even if Best Buy were giving the bastard things away to them. I keep getting told to clean my freezers but there's no working vacuum in the store at all to do it, and my coworker started entertaining the idea of bringing her own in to do the cleaning which I think is ridiculous. Errm
What did you do instead then until the store opened?

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Jul 10th, 2023

Yeah it'd be nice to one day not be part of the main production of a wedding but, for now, I'll enjoy my roles. Next up, baby showers...!

I actually found being unable to do my job at Publix to be entertaining. I suppose because it was so rare, I'd find myself being told to do odd jobs and such instead, which broke up the monotony of the position. I tend to find that happens with my current job now, too. The humdrum of the usual routine has been really boring me to tears and anytime a wrench gets thrown in, no matter how annoying or pressing it is, can sometimes provide life to my day.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Jul 11th, 2023

(Jul 10th, 2023, 04:41 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I actually found being unable to do my job at Publix to be entertaining. I suppose because it was so rare, I'd find myself being told to do odd jobs and such instead, which broke up the monotony of the position. I tend to find that happens with my current job now, too. The humdrum of the usual routine has been really boring me to tears and anytime a wrench gets thrown in, no matter how annoying or pressing it is, can sometimes provide life to my day.
Being a cashier probably limited you on the number of stupid things you'd be asked to do that makes you want to smack your head against the wall. Especially since if that occurs when the store is open you can't get given anything that isn't able to be immediately dropped to get back on your register. Baggers on the other hand will have periods of being absent from registers for a longer period to fetch carts, clean the toilets, etc. so it's more likely they'll get the sort of tasks Maniak had compared to the cashiers getting it.

Been feeling unwell today and yesterday, which caused me to sleep poorly and as such I've also had a headache almost all day today. I swear I'm so over having back to back weeks of something being physically wrong with me. Errm

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Jul 15th, 2023

The headaches and poor sleep are back again, noo! Screw that stuff. >.<

Been a good week away from work, stayed over my older friend's place and played Scrabble, did a short walk, played bowling with his brother, watched Wimbledon, Ten Little Indians on TalkingPictures, watched late night CBNews/TalkTV that dislikes BBC, (I know why now even though I already knew about some of it). Got back Thursday. Weekend to relax at home before returning to my joyful job.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Jul 17th, 2023

I'm currently having a breakdown because everything I touch on this place is breaking right now and I've even been locked out of the forum and the server due to causing a security error so I'm having to post via my mobile data right now. My throat hurts from screaming into a pillow and I'm waiting for a neighbor to call the police out of concern if they're hearing any of this...

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Jul 20th, 2023

Completely forgot I was doing a longer shift today so wasn't prepared for lunch and decided to just eat later. Also my other upcoming shifts are all different too so I won't know what day it is at some point. XD OK, when I say different it's really just two days the same twice (6-4 & 12-7) but ha, I usually do 6-1, 6-4 or 10-5...yeah not so different after all, eh? I don't mind though really. Today was quite a typical Thursday, not as much stock and pretty dead in the afternoon. Whoo. Saturday will be fun though I'll basically be the main guy on Produce....ah enough about work.

I got the joy of coming down with a cold, so woo-hee.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Jul 25th, 2023

Well, the concert I'm at just sent everyone who is on the lawn pavilion back to their cars because of a severe weather warning which means the concert is also delayed until further notice. Luckily I'm under the canopy area up front so they didn't send any of us back which saves me dealing with the shit the lawn people are going through now but I'm just hoping this isn't going to be too long because I do have work in the morning at 5am and don't want to be getting home super late due to this delay. D=

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Jul 25th, 2023

Oh no, the delay, darn weather. Did they end up playing still, and if you know, what happened to the other people on the lawn area?

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Kyng - Jul 28th, 2023

My boss has been off work all week, so I haven't had a whole lot to do. Of course, when work has come in, I've done it - but, I've had quite a few periods where I had nothing to do (and nobody to give me anything more). So, I instead put that time to good use by tidying up around the house. I found an old Survivor game from 20 years ago, that I didn't remember getting... but then, I discovered it was missing a few pieces, so I made it my mission to find all of those. I haven't found all of them yet - but, during my search, I did find the last missing piece from a chess/draughts set I'd been meaning to give away when it was complete. So, I can now get rid of it!

(TBH, that is a problem I have... I have loads of not-quite-complete things that I'd like to give away, but feel I can't, just in case the missing pieces eventually turn up Tongue )

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Jul 30th, 2023

(Jul 25th, 2023, 09:36 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh no, the delay, darn weather. Did they end up playing still, and if you know, what happened to the other people on the lawn area?
Yeah, Bring Me The Horizon did their opening set albeit they cut it a bit short (and admitted they were doing so to the crowd) and then Fall Out Boy came on after and as far as I can tell, played their full set but just skipped the encore wait and just went straight into playing their encore set. Most of the people on the lawn area actually didn't leave despite being told to and anyone who did leave just got let back in once things were good to get the show going again, and nothing started until everyone was back in so no one missed anything. The only shite thing about the lawn area is there's no designated spots, so anyone who came early to get a good spot was screwed pretty hard if they didn't manage to hold their ground during the evacuation period.

As for the concert itself, it was a super good time! I haven't listened to anything by Bring Me The Horizon before but the stuff they played made me check out some of their albums and I've already found a few songs I really like of theirs that I added to my liked songs on Spotify. Fall Out Boy were superb too, and their set might have the most cover songs I've ever known a live performance to have. If memory serves correctly, they did covers (not the full songs mind you) of the following:
  • Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
  • Dancing Queen - Abba
  • Don't Stop Believing - Journey

You know I thought it was more than this but checking on Google for the set list confirms it was just the three. Felt like more at the time, but still it feels like a lot in general for a live performance to feature three covers. LOL

@Kyng: Did you always work from home or did that just change when COVID-19 began and actually stayed in place unlike most office jobs?

Speaking of COVID-19, most of my day today has been tending to @ShiraNoMai as she has managed to come down with some degree of it. I presume she caught it from the concert since no one at her office is sick and we haven't gone anywhere else recently, but fortunately I've not come down with anything myself so far.*
*If that statement doesn't bite me in the arse within the next 48 hours it'll be a miracle.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Kyng - Jul 31st, 2023

(Jul 30th, 2023, 02:49 AM)Moonface Wrote:
@Kyng: Did you always work from home or did that just change when COVID-19 began and actually stayed in place unlike most office jobs?

Speaking of COVID-19, most of my day today has been tending to @ShiraNoMai as she has managed to come down with some degree of it. I presume she caught it from the concert since no one at her office is sick and we haven't gone anywhere else recently, but fortunately I've not come down with anything myself so far.*
*If that statement doesn't bite me in the arse within the next 48 hours it'll be a miracle.

It began with COVID. From March 2020, I was working the entire week at home - but from September 2021, we've been working one day a week in the office, and the remaining four days from home. (There was an attempt to go back to 3 days in the office, but the boss of my department resisted that pretty strongly, so it didn't happen! Although, after that, the company boss decided to hire two developers based in India... he seems to have decided that "if your job can be done remotely then it can be done more cheaply by someone halfway around the world", which probably isn't what what my department's boss had in mind!)

As for Shira, I'm very sorry to hear that she's unwell Sad . I hope she recovers soon - and you don't catch it from her!

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Jul 31st, 2023

Thanks Kyng; I think I'm already on the mend phase, as my fever is finally gone, and I don't feel like moving is a monumental task anymore. It's just my sinuses being swollen to oblivion and it's effecting my hearing a lot--everything is so much louder and it hurts a bit. Oh and the coughing is annoying but eh, that's nothing.

Bummed my entire weekend was ruined by this but, what can ya do. Shrug

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Jul 31st, 2023

At least the concert still turned out great, but man catching what seemed to be COVID and dealing with over the weekend, sucks. Good you're on the mend, Shira!

My weekend was whatever ended up not doing much, played a minimal amount of T8's CNT.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Aug 1st, 2023

(Jul 31st, 2023, 12:07 AM)Kyng Wrote:
It began with COVID. From March 2020, I was working the entire week at home - but from September 2021, we've been working one day a week in the office, and the remaining four days from home. (There was an attempt to go back to 3 days in the office, but the boss of my department resisted that pretty strongly, so it didn't happen! Although, after that, the company boss decided to hire two developers based in India... he seems to have decided that "if your job can be done remotely then it can be done more cheaply by someone halfway around the world", which probably isn't what what my department's boss had in mind!)
Ah, so you do still have an element on in-person work; I wasn't sure. Tongue
I can't say it reflects too highly on your company boss to seek out essentially slave wage labour just because they realized it was feasible. That would just tell me the company itself doesn't value their employee's at all. At least you have a decent department boss to keep things relatively pleasant for you and your co-workers versus getting someone who's just as bad as the people above them seem to be. Errm

As for Shira, I'm very sorry to hear that she's unwell  . I hope she recovers soon - and you don't catch it from her!
(Jul 31st, 2023, 09:22 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
At least the concert still turned out great, but man catching what seemed to be COVID and dealing with over the weekend, sucks. Good you're on the mend, Shira!
Fortunately I did not catch anything from her. Right after my last post though I was feeling a bit iffy in the nose and started thinking I'd jinxed myself into catching it but it was gone by the morning and hasn't come back since.

However, I do appear to have a very upset stomach today which I discovered when I went to the bathroom at work and was on the toilet for almost 10 minutes just not stopping. I feel relatively fine in general and finished my shift (as well as going three hours over my shift end time) but having to deal with that in the work bathrooms with the absolutely garbage toilet paper was not fun. x.x

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Kyng - Aug 5th, 2023

(Aug 1st, 2023, 06:39 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Ah, so you do still have an element on in-person work; I wasn't sure. Tongue
I can't say it reflects too highly on your company boss to seek out essentially slave wage labour just because they realized it was feasible. That would just tell me the company itself doesn't value their employee's at all. At least you have a decent department boss to keep things relatively pleasant for you and your co-workers versus getting someone who's just as bad as the people above them seem to be. Errm

As for Shira, I'm very sorry to hear that she's unwell  . I hope she recovers soon - and you don't catch it from her!
(Jul 31st, 2023, 09:22 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Fortunately I did not catch anything from her. Right after my last post though I was feeling a bit iffy in the nose and started thinking I'd jinxed myself into catching it but it was gone by the morning and hasn't come back since.

However, I do appear to have a very upset stomach today which I discovered when I went to the bathroom at work and was on the toilet for almost 10 minutes just not stopping. I feel relatively fine in general and finished my shift (as well as going three hours over my shift end time) but having to deal with that in the work bathrooms with the absolutely garbage toilet paper was not fun. x.x

Yeah, and it does make me wonder how secure my own job is in the long term. (Although, one important part of my job - writing the program specs - would be harder to outsource: my Indian co-workers speak good English, but I think the program specs would need to be done by a native speaker, or someone who speaks the language to a near-native level!)

Also, I'm glad Shira's better, and you didn't catch COVID from her Smile . Sorry to hear about your upset stomach, though: I hope it's better now!

Anyway, on to this week... it was another week of my boss not being in. This means it was once again quite patchy in terms of how much work I had - although, there were decent stretches when I had enough to keep me busy. Still, my boss is going to be in again from next Monday - so, I'd best be prepared for my workload to ramp back up to normal!