Universal Gaming
How Was Your Day/Week? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: How Was Your Day/Week? (/showthread.php?tid=811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Aug 8th, 2023

Yeah it's a good thing Moony didn't catch it again. Hope Shira's better now or close to being better.

Last week was whatever, not much going on, this week has started a bit differently.
Speaking of that darned illness, I knew my sister was unwell the weekend before the one just gone, and it turned out to be a slight COVID as she tested positive but she didn't know it was until that test she did later. She was with my Dad and our family friend who both also caught it, then it got passed on to my Mum and the inevitable has finally happened, I have tested positive too. Hooray. I just came off a cold too a little while ago, but really this feels slightly different but barely worse than the cold I had at the moment. I'm not continuously coughing either nor had a bad night yet so think I'll be fine. Had to cancel my dentist appointment though.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Aug 9th, 2023

(Aug 5th, 2023, 12:48 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Yeah, and it does make me wonder how secure my own job is in the long term. (Although, one important part of my job - writing the program specs - would be harder to outsource: my Indian co-workers speak good English, but I think the program specs would need to be done by a native speaker, or someone who speaks the language to a near-native level!)

Also, I'm glad Shira's better, and you didn't catch COVID from her Smile . Sorry to hear about your upset stomach, though: I hope it's better now!
I assume program specs aren't the same as writing actual programming language if it isn't able to be as easily outsourced then? Although, is programming language universal worldwide or does it actually change based on region? Hmm

As for my stomach, it's somewhat better although does still seem to be giving me trouble here and there.

(Aug 8th, 2023, 12:44 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah it's a good thing Moony didn't catch it again. Hope Shira's better now or close to being better.

Last week was whatever, not much going on, this week has started a bit differently.
Speaking of that darned illness, I knew my sister was unwell the weekend before the one just gone, and it turned out to be a slight COVID as she tested positive but she didn't know it was until that test she did later. She was with my Dad and our family friend who both also caught it, then it got passed on to my Mum and the inevitable has finally happened, I have tested positive too. Hooray. I just came off a cold too a little while ago, but really this feels slightly different but barely worse than the cold I had at the moment. I'm not continuously coughing either nor had a bad night yet so think I'll be fine. Had to cancel my dentist appointment though.
Have you had COVID before EL or is this the first time? I can't remember, but if this isn't your first time it might not be as bad this time around. @ShiraNoMai was definitely nowhere near as bad this time around as the first time she had COVID.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Aug 10th, 2023

Nooo He's caught it now, too. It sounds like everyone is getting it now that I got it. I'm definitely hearing it reported more often (via word of mouth) than usual. Even my mom finally caught it, and it's her first time.

But yeah I'm fine now, I was only positive for 5 days approximately. Saturday through Wednesday positive, tested negative Thursday morning. The worst of it was Friday and Saturday. Friday super sucked cuz I had to work cuz my other coworker was out of town and my boss can't do my work for me, and it had to be done. Working through that was a nightmare. All my body wanted to do was sleep. So much willpower had to be drawn to produce.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Aug 12th, 2023

Yeah this is the first time I've tested positive, but has barely affected me, probably a light version or something. I've had a bad throat which has been the main symptom but I can deal with that albeit annoying when I have to cough. I had a bit of cough previously but knew something was different Monday evening all of a sudden. Was lucky to get it when I had my two usual days off in the week so I could rest. Been working with a mask on so as to not spread it, well do what I can especially working with food. I even worked 10 hours Thursday and wasn't tired strangely, thought I would be. OK, I felt off when I got home but didn't amount to anything. My throat feels the same but hope it's going. Have felt tired today but that's down to only giving myself 5 hours for sleep. Will test again Tuesday as I'm working each day until then.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Aug 14th, 2023

Wait what the fuck, did you tell them you have it??? Why are you working when you have it? I know it's light, and it's good you are masking to avoid the spread, but still. I'm glad it's not treating you badly. Bless vaccines for making it easier on our bodies.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Kyng - Aug 15th, 2023

(Aug 9th, 2023, 08:55 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Aug 5th, 2023, 12:48 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Yeah, and it does make me wonder how secure my own job is in the long term. (Although, one important part of my job - writing the program specs - would be harder to outsource: my Indian co-workers speak good English, but I think the program specs would need to be done by a native speaker, or someone who speaks the language to a near-native level!)

Also, I'm glad Shira's better, and you didn't catch COVID from her Smile . Sorry to hear about your upset stomach, though: I hope it's better now!
I assume program specs aren't the same as writing actual programming language if it isn't able to be as easily outsourced then? Although, is programming language universal worldwide or does it actually change based on region? Hmm

As for my stomach, it's somewhat better although does still seem to be giving me trouble here and there.

Yeah, the program spec isn't the same thing at all: it's basically a document, written in plain English, describing the features that the programmer needs to code. 

As for this week, I wasn't at work for the last couple of days, because my girlfriend and I took a holiday to the Isle of Man Smile . It was the first time either of us went there, and we found plenty to see and do - from the big waterwheel in Laxey to the castles in Peel and Castletown. Our only real regret is that when we went to the top of Snaefell (the highest mountain on the island), it was very foggy, so we didn't get very good views at all: on a clear day, you're supposed to be able to see England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland from there. Maybe we'll have to go back and have another go one day!

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Aug 15th, 2023

@Mr EliteL: I'm shocked you're going to work with it but mostly because I wouldn't expect you to have felt well enough to go to work in the first place. Being at work positive in and of itself doesn't shock me because no retail company is going to give a toss about that any more than they do coming to work with any other illness unless it affects food safety.

@Kyng: Ah, I see.
And I'm glad you got to have a nice vacation even if the weather spoiled a part of it for you, although I'd look at it as a reason to not only go again but also something you didn't get to do that you can look forward to next time as well. I remember it being foggy when I climbed to the top of Mt. Snowden near Wales but fortunately I wasn't fussed at the time about seeing anything from the top or not since I just climbed it for the fun of it. XD

So seems my health woes just don't like it when I start claiming they're getting better. Since my last post in here, my stomach ended up giving me problems on both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend every time I ate anything, and then I told my parents my headaches had gone away when I called them on Sunday and ever since then I've had a headache/migraine every day since then, including today when one came on at the end of my shift today and has yet to go away. Errm

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Aug 16th, 2023

Yeah I had very little symptoms of it, I thought if it was bad enough I'd go home early on Thursday but it just wasn't and I got away with working fine. Yes I did tell some of my co-workers, or rather one (my section leader) who I assumed would tell the others I work directly with, but more people knew about me having it than I thought. They all kept telling me to take it easy and stop working if I have to, which I would have done if it affected me more. Plus yeah they don't really care as much anymore as long as you're still fit to work, come in. If I happened to have been working that Tuesday/Wednesday I would have stayed off because I seemed to be at my worst those two days, but even by Wed evening I felt like I could still go in so I did. *shrugs*

Went to visit my step grandfather today and we managed to have a meal out with him, something we thought was going to be over a little while ago but he was well enough for it.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Aug 17th, 2023

(Aug 16th, 2023, 08:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Went to visit my step grandfather today and we managed to have a meal out with him, something we thought was going to be over a little while ago but he was well enough for it.

Gonna presume you've tested negative if you went out to eat with your frail step grandfather ROFL Congrats on getting over it though. I was reading about the latest variant today, colloquially named "Eris" - it's been hard to find defining features of new variants of COVID cuz unless you're DNA testing everyone, you just literally can't tell. But the good thing about it is that it appears we've been dealing with it better because of the vaccines, boosters and past infections. Generally speaking, our bodies have adapted to these subvariants pretty well. It'll only get tricky again when they deviate from each other and a new vaccine will need to be made.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Aug 18th, 2023

I wasn't even aware of any new COVID variants but I also stopped giving a shit about following anything to do with it months ago. Tongue

Work today was... definitely something. Once again I was the only person on grocery until 9am which meant I kept getting called for customers and unloading trucks, and I had yet another freezer break down on me that I had to empty so instead of getting my delivery finished before 9am like I usually do I only just barely got it done before my shift ended at 10. Sucks because I wanted to do other stuff to set my coworker up for a smoother day tomorrow since we swapped shifts for this coming week, but ah well. I was just glad to clock out so I could get away from being pulled to different fires to put out. LOL

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Kyng - Aug 18th, 2023

(Aug 15th, 2023, 11:04 PM)Moonface Wrote:
@Kyng: Ah, I see.
And I'm glad you got to have a nice vacation even if the weather spoiled a part of it for you, although I'd look at it as a reason to not only go again but also something you didn't get to do that you can look forward to next time as well. I remember it being foggy when I climbed to the top of Mt. Snowden near Wales but fortunately I wasn't fussed at the time about seeing anything from the top or not since I just climbed it for the fun of it. XD

Absolutely Grin . We'll definitely have to go back at some point - not only to do that, but also to do the things that we didn't get to do in those three days!

Sadly, my week hasn't been that great... I haven't had a whole lot to do at work, so I've been pretty bored Sad . Though, at least it was only a 3.5-day week (due to me having all of Monday, plus Tuesday morning, off) - so it was short!

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Sep 11th, 2023

My Photoshop decided to shit the fucking bed when I was editing my last image for my project that was due tonight, resulting in me missing the deadline by a single, fucking, minute. I am incredibly pissed and upset about it...

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Sep 21st, 2023

Tried calling a medical facility I went to a few months back to tell them they fucked up with processing my insurance which has dumped a $900 bill into my lap, except I can't get through at all so that really soured the start of my day. Then the internet has been out all day and only just came back half an hour ago but is still spotty so I've barely been able to do anything because it also affected my mobile data reception so even browsing on data was basically impossible. So my whole day has been a total waste really, since it's also been raining so I can't go out anywhere either.

Honestly wish I could just call out of work the next two days but I'll only get dragged in later in the week next week to make up for it so what's the point...

Yay, I mention work and immediately got a phone call from my coworker that she hasn't been on frozen food for the last two days because they've had her doing stuff on grocery due to so many call outs. So now I get the fun of going in to work a delivery tomorrow while everything else is two days behind. Suffer

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Sep 22nd, 2023

Yeesh effing insurance, just damn it. Hope that gets resolved soon despite not getting anywhere when you tried to phone just then.

Also darn frozen being behind like that sounds worse than what I have to deal with tomorrow morning where I'm in alone for 6 hours, it's always terrible with one person for a morning especially on Saturday. I'm in for a later shift today too finishing at 7PM so I can have some time before the pain of Saturday.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Sep 22nd, 2023

(Sep 22nd, 2023, 09:04 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeesh effing insurance, just damn it. Hope that gets resolved soon despite not getting anywhere when you tried to phone just then.
I brought it up to my therapist yesterday and she said to just ignore it until I get sent an actual bill, since what I got was just a statement from the insurance company. If and when the medical place I went to sends me a bill she said just send it back with a photocopy of my insurance and a note saying they messed up, here's the stuff to fix it, glhf.

(Sep 22nd, 2023, 09:04 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Also darn frozen being behind like that sounds worse than what I have to deal with tomorrow morning where I'm in alone for 6 hours, it's always terrible with one person for a morning especially on Saturday. I'm in for a later shift today too finishing at 7PM so I can have some time before the pain of Saturday.
It just sucks because what it mostly means is there isn't any room on the back stock shelves in the freezer so anything I have left over from truck today has to sit on a pallet, and there's also four other pallets in my cooler too so it makes it hard trying to reach anything on the shelves to work and clear those. It's also tiring to spend my weekend shift clearing up the cooler only for it to go back to square one a week later, and it's a damned either way scenario when not worrying about clearing it up means shifts are generally harder, but clearing it to make shifts easier is lucky to last more than four days. It's either easy up front, or easy later. Suffer

Left work early today though to come home before class and do some cleaning around the house because I got into a bad mood as soon as I got up this morning from trying to find socks in the huge pile of clean laundry that hadn't been folded and put away. I'm wondering if being unable to relax in the house lately is what's been keeping me in a bad mood the last few days.