Universal Gaming
How Was Your Day/Week? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: How Was Your Day/Week? (/showthread.php?tid=811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Sep 22nd, 2023

Ha yeah hopefully sending it back like that sorts it out.

Just sounds similar to what you as to deal with frozen here, trying to get as much stuff out then a few days later the backup is fully blocked up again. Is the backup freezer bigger there or smaller or similar?

Ay, know how that feels. I should be sorting and emptying the crap in my room in preparation for when it gets decorated with a new carpet and painted walls. I'll start Sunday but it's only because it absolutely has to be emptied that I'm doing it. Finding the time to do so is just one hurdle to even begin and doesn't help that I'm still a lazy bastard when it comes to that kind of task. XD Still, hoping I'll get rid of a good amount of stuff.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Kyng - Sep 22nd, 2023

It wasn't too bad... today was my boss's birthday, so she wasn't in. Nevertheless, she made sure I had enough to do today, and I was able to do most of it Smile .

One thing I haven't done much of, however, is playing video games. I simply haven't been in the mood for it: I've instead been working on my RPG universe, whether it's writing new profiles or generating AI portraits of them. (Of course, AI art is currently a massive legal grey area - so, I still consider those portraits to be unofficial representations of those characters. But maybe I can use them as references for human-drawn art, which can be made official Tongue )

And finally, I'll be seeing my girlfriend this weekend! Sadly, she is working on the Sunday, which limits what we can do together then - but, we are going to a snooker tournament on the Monday, which I am looking forward to Grin .

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Sep 23rd, 2023

Ah, AI art. I dread what that would come up with if I filled in what any of my characters would look like, it would either horrify me or be hilarious or both. XD But yeah I'd imagine using it for reference would be fine.
Cool about the weekend visit, what will you do while your girlfriend is at work though?

Today's morning went better than I expected but I was starting to fade away from not having eaten, so finally went on a break 7 hours in. Got a new meal for dinner I haven't tried before waiting when I finish though. Grin

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Kyng - Sep 24th, 2023

(Sep 23rd, 2023, 01:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ah, AI art. I dread what that would come up with if I filled in what any of my characters would look like, it would either horrify me or be hilarious or both. XD But yeah I'd imagine using it for reference would be fine.
Cool about the weekend visit, what will you do while your girlfriend is at work though?

For me, it was a real mix. Some of my characters (for example, Cheryl) came put pretty much exactly as I'd envisioned them within the first couple of attempts. On the other hand, I just couldn't get good pictures of my merfolk characters: they're blue and purple, but the AI just would not generate characters outside the usual human range of skin tones, no matter what I tried!

My girlfriend is at work right now - so, I'm just coming online Tongue . Will also watch the Formula One highlights when that's on.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Sep 24th, 2023

(Sep 22nd, 2023, 03:38 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Just sounds similar to what you as to deal with frozen here, trying to get as much stuff out then a few days later the backup is fully blocked up again. Is the backup freezer bigger there or smaller or similar?
The freezer at my current job is way smaller than the one at your store. Probably roughly half the size maybe? Hard to say accurately having not seen my old cooler in 6+ years. XD

My mood has generally been better since my last post, although I have had headaches so there's still some roughness. I did get a lot of the house cleaned up with @ShiraNoMai though (still more to do though, ugh) and my photography project due tomorrow is going well so far. Did have a guy last night question me in the street though because they're the HOA manager or some crap and they took issue with me taking photos, but there wasn't anything they could do since nothing I was doing was illegal or violating anyone's rights. Tongue

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Sep 25th, 2023

Hope you enjoy your time with your girlfriend, Kyng ^_^

Yeah that dude last night irked me with that shit cuz I had a feeling we were being judged for taking photos. Probably why (those feelings) came across a bit when I was like "Why does it matter?" when he finished asking all of these questions. Like really, we're not 12 years old, we know what we're doing Meh

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Kyng - Sep 29th, 2023

(Sep 25th, 2023, 04:16 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Hope you enjoy your time with your girlfriend, Kyng ^_^

Yeah that dude last night irked me with that shit cuz I had a feeling we were being judged for taking photos. Probably why (those feelings) came across a bit when I was like "Why does it matter?" when he finished asking all of these questions. Like really, we're not 12 years old, we know what we're doing Meh

Sadly, I didn't enjoy it as much as I'd been hoping: she had a cold, and I caught it from her Sad . 

Though, on the plus side, we went to a snooker tournament, where we got to see several of the top players in action - including current World Champion Luca Brecel, and former champions Mark Williams, Neil Robertson and Judd Trump. Was excellent value for the £15 entry fee - and we even (very briefly) appeared on TV!

The rest of the week hasn't been too great, though - I've still got my cold, and one of my co-workers lost one of the fixes I made, so I had to re-make it >_< . But I hope next week will be better...

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Oct 1st, 2023

Been making slow progress this past week with my room, should've had most of it out by now but been unwell. Can't seem to shake this annoying cough/sore throat I've had plus stomach ache on the two days I could've done a lot on which stopped me, bah. No date on when the decorator can come yet but just hope it isn't a "Oh I can do it tomorrow!" when it's just convenient for them and not a better heads-up like "next week on (day)" "Sure room will be ready by then". Best I got was "Early October" which can mean first week or early second week. >.<

Work's been...fine other than holidays and illnesses that will undoubtedly screw things up because of lack of cover, or basically three people have to run the whole week. Today was fun getting already ripened enough bananas with their skin splitting delivered "fresh", thanks. Then went to see step-grandfather who's as fine as he can be at his age.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Oct 9th, 2023

Spent most of the night awake due to stress from my photography midterm shooting not going well for me yesterday, and felt really unconfident about the shots I did have done. Some turned out okay in the end but I have 3/10 shots done and need to figure out the other 7 before Wednesday otherwise I'm gonna be screwed. Nooo

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Oct 20th, 2023

Today was going good until I had an impending sense of doom over missing class on Wednesday, and low and behold as soon as I got off work and checked if a deadline had been set on my etching project it had a date for next Wednesday. Despite my efforts I ended up going into a panic because I only had class today to finish anything so knew I'd have to go in outside of class time to finish things, but with no idea of what I needed to have ready or how long it would take I couldn't relax or make a plan.
Fortunately my teacher chose to change the deadline to next Friday instead, which took some stress off of me but I do still need to go in before Wednesday to do something that has to be ready for that class. Haven't decided when I'm going yet because I'm still trying to relax. x.x

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Oct 21st, 2023

Oh damn your last post on that project was on the 9th, not this Monday. So you were in on the 11th but missed the 18th class? Oof, better get to it....I mean sweet a little extension, you got this! Damn takes me back to the many dreams I used to have about school after I finished my stint in education of me having impending deadlines to get stuff finished, wake up believing I have to get started on them that day then realise I already finished school/the course, and it was a dream. ROFL

Nyeh, my week/day was fine. Pumpkins are starting to turn, the bad ones anyway, seen a few other have take off but today it was my turn to sort out bad ones. Got my trusty "pumpkin gloves" out, a pair that got too much pumpkin crap all over it but still god enough to keep for just that job, although it was my current gloves that got a bit of mess on them instead before I did use my other gloves. Darn! XD So rather insignificant but happy I get to rest now until tomorrow.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - ShiraNoMai - Oct 22nd, 2023

I'm excited for Tuesday. Moony and I have a joint session with my therapist to (hopefully) get our lives back on the rails again. Been derailing too long and I can't get back on the tracks alone it seems. Life hard.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Moonface - Oct 24th, 2023

(Oct 21st, 2023, 04:48 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh damn your last post on that project was on the 9th, not this Monday. So you were in on the 11th but missed the 18th class? Oof, better get to it....I mean sweet a little extension, you got this! Damn takes me back to the many dreams I used to have about school after I finished my stint in education of me having impending deadlines to get stuff finished, wake up believing I have to get started on them that day then realise I already finished school/the course, and it was a dream. ROFL
My post on the 9th was about a photography project. My post on the 20th is for an etching project which I missed a class for. So basically both my classes have managed to really smack me across the head in back to back weeks with an unexpected and stressful development.

(Oct 22nd, 2023, 04:29 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I'm excited for Tuesday. Moony and I have a joint session with my therapist to (hopefully) get our lives back on the rails again. Been derailing too long and I can't get back on the tracks alone it seems. Life hard.
Meanwhile my Tuesday started out with opening my cooler to this:

[Image: JRCka1z.jpeg]

Usually there should be pallets from the delivery that comes in Monday night. Where are those pallets? Sitting in a frozen food trailer that had to be left at the store overnight because the delivery couldn't be unloaded due to this being in my cooler. My entire ice cream aisle plus my sale display broke down yesterday so all this had to be emptied while the rest was caution taped off to stop people opening the freezers.

So until I knew if I could refill any of that to the aisle, I had to work delivery out the back of a truck for the other aisles until 7am, and then it took until 10:30am for me and my coworker to put all that product back to the aisle and unload all the pallets from the trailer and into my cooler. Better yet, the ice cream pallets fell over so we had to rebuild two of those. We couldn't finish the entire delivery today so now I have to go back in tomorrow at 5am to finish it on what would've been my day off. My next day off won't be until Monday so I'm now doing a six day week, after only being off yesterday after working four consecutive shifts before that.

To say everything in life has been really, really shit the last two weeks across the board for me feels like it doesn't even do it justice any more. I had wanted to start Birthday Bash and deal with all the Summer Meltdown prizes I haven't dealt with yet multiple times over the last week and just can't catch a break to do that or much of anything else.

It went from frustrating to just disheartening now. Like I'm not even going to bother looking forward to something or expecting something to work out for me right off the bat because not once has it managed to for me for two weeks now. I even cooked pizza yesterday for lunch the same way I always do and for whatever reason this time it burned. That's how ridiculous it all is. Rolleyes

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Oct 25th, 2023

Geez what the actual--, you so didn't need that. If that type of thing happened at my store I'd imagine they'd actually send over some help to get the trolleys out and move the frozen pallets into the cooler, heck I'd come over from produce even. I'm assuming they just didn't have anyone spare, if they were being stingy then...really f them.

Looking at that photo though that looks bigger than the backup freezer at my store, but then again it's usually full of cages so difficult to gauge how big/small it really is, was in there briefly the other day XD

Mine week has been fine so far, got 9 days off from work and at a friend's until tomorrow. Might go to MCM Friday but haven't booked a ticket yet, Sunday was sold out and won't go Saturday. Although haven't checked last couple days if Friday is unavailable.

RE: How Was Your Day/Week? - Mr EliteL - Oct 28th, 2023

Yesterday I did indeed go to MCM London Comic Con, haven't been since '19 and this time they've used pretty much the entirety of the Excel venue. Before some halls weren't used or for some strange reason there would be a different convention, or meeting or educational test taking place at the same time. XD So it was spacious, enough room for mostly everything apart from maybe queues to something (stall, game, food). There was a few games featured, the ones I bothered to notice were Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Tekken 8 but there were some more, even an area to play past games as well (arcade cabinets, PS3, others). Bought myself a few things, didn't go to any panels though. I would've went to a Genshin streamer's...panel or get-together or whatever if he was there but I didn't see any sign of him, so I assumed he was doing something on Sat/Sun as he mentioned he was going to this event, but then again he was just recently at TwitchCon the previous week.