Universal Gaming
Rate The Above Game Box Art - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Fun & Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Rate The Above Game Box Art (/showthread.php?tid=830)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - ShiraNoMai - May 31st, 2021

This gets a 10/10 purely for the secret Luigi in the castle tower in the background ROFL

[Image: x1zhBAX.jpg]

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - Moonface - May 31st, 2021

4/10
The only thing I really like about it is the skeleton in the bottom corner, otherwise it's just really uninteresting to me and would probably never entice me to pick it up off a store shelf.

[Image: BCUS98155.jpg]

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - ShiraNoMai - Oct 10th, 2021

There's something really gross and disgusting about that cover and I can't quite place exactly why that is Hmm ROFL 5/10.

[Image: Metroid-Dread-Special-Edition----Nintendo-Switch]

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - Moonface - Oct 11th, 2021

6/10. The overall cover is a little too plain and empty for my liking.

[Image: 5ZFNUnB.png]

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - Mr EliteL - Oct 14th, 2021

7/10 Not the best Tekken cover, gets an OK score for the mystery of the character in the hoodie looking from an outsider's perspective. Although it's not gripping enough for a higher score. Would've been a 6 but bias puts it at 7 for at the time of release "Oh crap, what does Jin look like now?! Wait, IS KAZUYA BACK?!" XD

[Image: 44537-super-mario-bros-deluxe-game-boy-c...-cover.jpg]

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - Moonface - Oct 14th, 2021

@Mr EliteL: You know I never noticed Kazuya is on that box art. I always thought it was just Jin and Heihachi. Sigh

8/10. It's nice but what the fuck is going on with Toad and Peach's faces?! XD

[Image: screen39.jpg]
Holy shit this box art is so bad but damn it I'm sticking with it.

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - Mr EliteL - Oct 15th, 2021

Yeah, that's what I usually think when I see the cover. XD

5/10, kinda being generous because it's PS1. Catches the atmosphere of the darkness representing the unknown, and Tomb Raider is about exploring tombs and what not, although it looks like it's outside? Other than that it's just Lara with her guns and a blurry background.

[Image: 302110044191_73.jpg]

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - Moonface - Oct 22nd, 2021

(Oct 15th, 2021, 02:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
5/10, kinda being generous because it's PS1. Catches the atmosphere of the darkness representing the unknown, and Tomb Raider is about exploring tombs and what not, although it looks like it's outside? Other than that it's just Lara with her guns and a blurry background.

https://mario.konsolenkost-tools.de/variation/public/view/img/levels/302110044191_73.jpg
The background is actually just a shot of London, which is the only part of the game that doesn't feature any tombs because you start above ground in the city and then go into an abandoned underground station. XD
Oh actually Nevada doesn't feature any either. Sweat

9/10 - It's got a lot of action and it's the most memorable fight of the movie so it makes me hope the game is really action packed and has good fights. Probably hasn't aged well if it did though. XD

[Image: 1s3sxSMDSKUqI-nEtq_NNvF9qj3AztMBI7UiN7sQ...B9dyQ1JL3z]

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - Mr EliteL - Oct 23rd, 2021

@Moonface Wait what that's London?! I don't recognise the buildings behind her, so didn't think that. XD

Also either the link is broken to the new image or I just can't see it and get an error message instead, huh. Unless others can see it.

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - Moonface - Oct 24th, 2021

(Oct 23rd, 2021, 10:48 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@Moonface Wait what that's London?! I don't recognise the buildings behind her, so didn't think that. XD

Also either the link is broken to the new image or I just can't see it and get an error message instead, huh. Unless others can see it.
Stupid thing. It worked when I posted it:

[Image: 220px-Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg]

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - ShiraNoMai - Dec 5th, 2021

Don't know why Konami's logo is on their twice. 8/10 because of it. The rest of the cover is sick.

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - Moonface - Dec 12th, 2021

Maybe it was to signify them as both developer and publisher, whereas most games tend to have different companies representing each of those things?

8/10 - The art is interesting and decent, but the bland border that takes up a good third of the cover space brings it down for me.

[Image: 1zmfhm7cxid11.png]

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - Moonface - Jul 27th, 2022

I want to see if this can get a second wind so I'll just rate my own submission. Tongue
8/10. I love how each game gets represented, although I feel like the Sorceress barely stands out compared to Ripto and Gnasty Gnorc.

[Image: 435918-dragon-s-dogma-dark-arisen-xbox-o...-cover.jpg]

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - ShiraNoMai - Jul 28th, 2022

Bro that's an easy 9/10. Maybe even 10. That's fucking sick. This would be one of those boxes you'd see as a kid and pick it up from the cover alone.

[Image: 5036674.jpg]

RE: Rate The Above Game Box Art - Mr EliteL - Jul 28th, 2022

...7.5/10

Would be lower if I didn't like cats, was about to be a 7 but wanted the number to be higher but couldn't give an 8. The background gives the stray feeling too of being down in the nitty gritty areas of a city where neon lights try to catch your attention. While I do like the focus on the cat I can't shake the feeling there needs to be something more, just don't know what but the cover doesn't need to be a 10.

[Image: 383px-Mario_Kart_Double_Dash%21%21.jpg]